Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Irandam Ulagam-Arya-Anushka-Selvaragava-Harris jayaraj

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dilbert, eventhugh our point of views differ, we still try to hold on to that point which we think is the point that is deserved to be pointed out, isn't it ?

Taking the lines that you took for calling Laagan an experimental movie, is not its genre : epic/period, but the fact that it has cricket in it. In that case, we look into the genre sport, which is a rarity in Indian Film Industry (IFI). Ofcoarse in Lagaan the villagers are briefed about cricket and its rules, thats where the Heorine role comes into picture. Now, why not polo or "coconut-tree-climbing", I am not there to give a say. Thats entirely the film makers choice and I have clearly mentioned that they have scored high there, making the viewers forgot these kind of tickling thoughts. Films are lies told is a very true manner.

Your desperate ways to prove Laagan as an experiental film was summerised by me as "clash" that happened during Independence. If you have anything technical to say about the movie, please come forward, rather than repeating the whole story of Laagan once again. And bringing in Hell and Heaven does not help either. I am sincerely here to put forward the Film Theories that I have learnt and would like to learn from other hubbers too (trust me there are several discussion those which are helping me), and not to erase anyones 'Happy-saturday' from the 'Enjoy-Calender', just as the way you are trying to project.

Again, while talking about Laagan I never mentioned any Hollywood Movies. While trying to give my take on experimental movies, I did give 2 Tamil movies and a movie from south Indian Director. That does not end there and to clearly make it a better-undestanding, I took some Hollywood films. If this proceeding is not clear, sorry to say I cannot change the way that I have learnt to present things to an in-uniform audience.

And again we are miles apart in our POV. There is no good movie / bad movie. There are only "Movies I like" / "Movies I don't like". And my choice of movies is nil, as I am as open and non-partial in watching "a movie". Sorry to deny your recomendation on that.

So, I respect your point, and I think I have made myself clear with mine too.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Dilbert, eventhugh our point of views differ, we still try to hold on to that point which we think is the point that is deserved to be pointed out, isn't it ?

Taking the lines that you took for calling Laagan an experimental movie, is not its genre : epic/period, but the fact that it has cricket in it. In that case, we look into the genre sport, which is a rarity in Indian Film Industry (IFI). Ofcoarse in Lagaan the villagers are briefed about cricket and its rules, thats where the Heorine role comes into picture. Now, why not polo or "coconut-tree-climbing", I am not there to give a say. Thats entirely the film makers choice and I have clearly mentioned that they have scored high there, making the viewers forgot these kind of tickling thoughts. Films are lies told is a very true manner.

Your desperate ways to prove Laagan as an experiental film was summerised by me as "clash" that happened during Independence. If you have anything technical to say about the movie, please come forward, rather than repeating the whole story of Laagan once again. And bringing in Hell and Heaven does not help either. I am sincerely here to put forward the Film Theories that I have learnt and would like to learn from other hubbers too (trust me there are several discussion those which are helping me), and not to erase anyones 'Happy-saturday' from the 'Enjoy-Calender', just as the way you are trying to project.

Again, while talking about Laagan I never mentioned any Hollywood Movies. While trying to give my take on experimental movies, I did give 2 Tamil movies and a movie from south Indian Director. That does not end there and to clearly make it a better-undestanding, I took some Hollywood films. If this proceeding is not clear, sorry to say I cannot change the way that I have learnt to present things to an in-uniform audience.

And again we are miles apart in our POV. There is no good movie / bad movie. There are only "Movies I like" / "Movies I don't like". And my choice of movies is nil, as I am as open and non-partial in watching "a movie". Sorry to deny your recomendation on that.

So, I respect your point, and I think I have made myself clear with mine too.

Yes you have every rite to hold your POV , ok now we are moving on to technical grounds good from genre discussion !!

- Edited when I said "what the hell" its expression of surprise nothing else.. I don't want take away anyones happy saturday or his happy booze day hehe
    Last edited by Dilbert; 21st July 2013 at 03:23 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    oh btw way when you compare AN OSCAR NOMINATED Movie to a copycat We need to really think how far it will hold water. you might be sincere I never doubted or will doubt about you putting forward the Film Theories that you have learnt . Being passionate is different from being rational. Back in days , few of my buddies called Kamal Sir " Oscar Nayagan" Idea behind was every movie of his released was nominated for Oscar. So lets continue our discussion on experiments. Its entering some good discussion space.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 21st July 2013 at 03:24 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala_rasigan View Post

Is other girl with Andrea is Misses Selvaragavan???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    I thought he married one of his film heroineyamma No?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I thought he married one of his film heroineyamma No?
    Selvaraghavan-Engagement-Stills-04.jpg

Sonia Agarwal is now ex-wife...

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    That is the now-sought comedienne, Vidyulekha "Vidya" Raman. Selva's sister-in-law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman View Post
    That is the now-sought comedienne, Vidyulekha "Vidya" Raman. Selva's sister-in-law.

This guy can't even smile on his own engagement, something has/is seriously gone/going wrong.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 22nd July 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    This guys can't even smile on his own engagement, something has/is seriously gone/going wrong.
    I remember someone commented back during wedding time, "ivan pregnant maadhiri irukkan" with that scowl expression of his

Not sure why he doesn't smile. Dhanush completely contrasts him.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bala - Myshkin - Selvaraghavan ellam orey bunch...Bala kooda appo appo siripaar, mitha rendu perum always terror look. Check out SR interview in this week AV.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast