2 25.00%
  • Simbu in Vaanam

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Most award winning films

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi..

no. of nominations per category s limited to 5 only..so, athanaala neenga expect pandra nominees varaama irunthirukkalam..

Avanga ethai vachu nominations prepare pannangalo..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Nothing, just that I am not OK with the nominations. Its quite unfair.

For me, we must recognise talents like Sri. I am OK if he shares the award with Danush (I am telling it after an enourmous thought to overcome and accpet Vijay Sethupathy as the runner-up)

Again, Urmila did an excellent job and frankly do you think Amy Jackson merits a nomination, taking up Urmila's place.

Illayaraja competing with Anirudh and Haris Jayaraj - No offense with the up comming and established music directors. The Result could bascule and light up a fire with many Raja fans like me, who could say something that could ignite and put end to discussions but take an entire path of out brust.

And thats my opinion.
    On Ilayaraja you cannot help it.... THis award is going to be for NEPV or 3 or Thuppaki and it ends there.... Just for that film music...
    Raja nominate panna erukavum mudiyathu.. when NEPV was one of the good albums for the year...

Sri was good... but it was not a full fledged hero character in the movie and he cannot be nominated for Best supporting actor as it was not in that category either....

Amy Jackson, venam vidunga.... pesama erukurathey nallathu....

Nominations are also based on stars who would make it to the shownu nenaikiren... for instance I was shocked to see Shreya not in the list of even nominated singers in VIJAY AWARDS neraya politics ellathuleyum
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Post Thanks / Like
    Dhanush in 'Best singer' category s ultimate..
    Last edited by Thala_rasigan; 5th July 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thala_rasigan & svaisn (and ofcoarse others who are following this thread)

According to my knowledge, nominations are not a simple task and it certainly should not be biased or kept a secret. Usually its a mystry to most of us on how a particular film is nominated as it takes less place in any discussion. The discussion starts only after the nomination and the part selection is completely missed out. To get nominated under a specific categories there are set of rules to be followed.

Firstly the eligibility : taking Best picture category for exemple, it must be a motion picture, thats is more than 40 mins of run time and should have a proper theatrical release (released or scheduled). Secondly, according to the Chamber that awards it, it has to get into all the set of criteria put forward by the selection commity, namely audio (digital) & video (format). Any film that comes into this category can apply for selection. Now, the Chamber has members those who finance the institution or hold a reputed post, who look into the inscription and do the selection. Once selected, members from each branch (like editing, screenplay etc.,) preview the film and cast their vote. Thus we get the nomination. (as a reply to Thala-rasigan) For Best picture the nomination should be more than or equal to 5 but less than 10, depending on whether for that particular year, more than 5 films were voted. For all nominated films, the producer must surrender the script for scrutiny.

The jury is then hand picked, just like the American Courthouse system, each member must be from different branch - Director, actor / actress, story writer etc., it should be more than 8 in total (have to check it) but no less than that digit. Why - to decrease the partiality. Once the jury is selected, the Head is voted by the jury member who himself is one amoung the 8. The Leader then instructs the others on what should be looked upon by each member.

They watch the film. Now whether the the script is analyed before or after, depends on the panel of jury (analysing is not a simple task - you got to take frame by frame and note down what you see on the screen-shot - this is done by a seperate team and given to the jury if asked for). But ofcoarse what follows is a debat amoung the jury. [Sometimes before nomination, the selection comitee can question the film maker or anyone one registered for nomination to check their creditability]. Same goes for any category. A best picture is the one who gains the recognisation in as much department as possible.

Now you can recollect and see the difference between "Official Selection" & "Nomination".

Coming to the interesting comment by svaisn about Sri and his definition in the movie gets things complicated. As pointed out, its the script that deceides it. We are nowhere in a position to get hold of any TFI movie scripts, but as we have watched the movie, we can determine who is the hero when there are many character on the same plan [ex. Surya Vs Vikram in Pithamagan]. According to me in Vazhaku yen, Sri should be the hero, as its a tale that narrates about the fall taken by an innocent man. But on the Heorine front, eventhough Urmila finishes the story, the major element is Manisha (and now the debate starts amoung us). Murali is the naughty boy and Muthuraman is the Villan. Thats how I look at the film.

Another interesting line : "Nominations are also based on stars who would make it to the shownu nenaikiren" : that could be true in these kind of awards, but frankly if its true, then its not an award ceremony to recognise talents, but a spectacle to sell cosmetiques.

I really do not know how I pushed my nose in this award thread (maybe Amy Jackson invited me in ... LoL), appologies if I had offended anyone in my earlier post.
    Last edited by mappi; 6th July 2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Yaaru Urmila, Manisha,Murali, Muthuraman
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    Yaaru Urmila, Manisha,Murali, Muthuraman
    LoL

Vazhakku enn 18/9 :

Manisha Yadav is the rich girl who risked to have damaged her face during the acid attack (character name Aarthi)

Urmila Mahanta is the maid who becomes the victim of the acid attack (character name Jothi)

Sri is the Tri-cycle guy (character name Velu)

Mithun Murali is the rich guy whose hobby is to film girls on his mobile and share it with his friends (character name Dinesh)

Muthuraman is the police man - "Azhama Sollonam" (character name Kumaravel)
    Last edited by mappi; 6th July 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Nandri... konjam confuse aayeten

For some reason I didnt like this movie...
    Moviele message sollanumna athu appadiye subtleaa varanum along with the movie.... movie should progress and then register the message (Engeyum Eppothum, angadi theru, Katradhu Tamizh, Kaadhal kooda ok...)
    But intha movie yedho verum message solrathukkaaga mattume oru screenplay panna mathiri erunthuchu...
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Post Thanks / Like
    naan kooda pazhaiya urmila (indian), manisha koirala, 'idhayam' murali, navarasa dad muthuraman 'nu ninaichitten..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    But intha movie yedho verum message solrathukkaaga mattume oru screenplay panna mathiri erunthuchu...
    I assume that discussing about Vazhaku yen here will not be considered as hijacking this thread, as the movie is nominated for Film Fare awards.

According to me VY 18/09 does not carry a message of any sort. If you address it as an awareness, I am favorable.

On selection / nomination point of view :

Let me touch a bit on types of film making (dont worry I will not take long) : there are 3 types - Realism, Formalism and classicism.
    I give you an exemple for each rather than defining them in detail :

Realism : Veedu
    Formalism : Sivaji
    Classicism : 1000 in one (Karthi Version)

So Vazhaku Yen is Realism, where an incident that took place was shortened as a script projecting exactly how it could have happened in a "artificially" created real environment. Its credited to have the best direction and written to the screen along with other departement that has adapted and took into account minute details - like "unbrushed" tooth of Velu or costume of the maid or the contrast world of the rich or the accent of the Policeman etc., Its at this angle the movie should be rated. Whether it stuck to its (type) definition - yes.

But personally you can like or dislike the film, the above is just to justify the position the movie holds.

As you have mentioned Kaadhal - the evil in the script is so real.
    The other 3 movies - no comments.
    Last edited by mappi; 6th July 2013 at 01:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Appana athu documentry ayedum illaiya..??
    Indha realismnu solra cinema than othukka mudiyale (sila movies ellam genuineaa erukkum... story moves on ... but indha vazhakku en moviele yedho kadaisile heavyaa sollanumnu full padamum panni erukkura oru feel erunthu kitte erukkum....) Veedu, Varumaiyin niram sivappu yethana padam paarkum pothu we get involved in the movie solra visheyam thaana manasule eridum.... message message messagenu mulakkam idama erukkum....
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast