Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting ideas/movies that never got made..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be awesome, Feddy!

Donald Sutherland declined Deliverence & Straw dogs. His lineup of films in that time is still so darn impressive. Worked with Altman, Bertolucci, Fellini, Roeg, Pakula among others.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    All that you mentioned, except the Hitch one, would have been awesome. The Leonard book is not for Hitch, no way.
    Which Leonard book is for Hitch 'on paper'? 'd love to see his treatment for any crime film. He's so versatile.

But still the premise is so De Palma-esque (who is a bastardized descendant of Hitch)

Post Thanks / Like
    In fact, Connery also turned down Morphues. To make it up, he did Leagues of Extraordinary Gentleman
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Which Leonard book is for Hitch 'on paper'? 'd love to see his treatment for any crime film. He's so versatile.

But still the premise is so De Palma-esque (who is a bastardized descendant of Hitch)
    Versatile-A? I think he has his own genre. Not sure he can handle hardboiled crime. Leonard's are in essence more contemporary version. I feel only the latter directors did justice to his crime books (not sure about western). Have you seen 52 Pick Up. Didn't do justice to the book.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great link Grouch bro. Never knew they wanted Gene Hackman for Silence.... Lambs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Versatile-A? I think he has his own genre. Not sure he can handle hardboiled crime. Leonard's are in essence more contemporary version. I feel only the latter directors did justice to his crime books (not sure about western). Have you seen 52 Pick Up. Didn't do justice to the book.
    Of course, Hitch is versatile. Anyone who had made stuff as versatile as the ring, lodger, rear window, vertigo, psycho, north by northwest, birds, wrong man is bound to be versatile. He'd handle contemp. style well.

Personally, I think QT is meant for Leonard. QT is a descendant of De Palma, who is a descendant of Hitchcock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, explanation acceptible. The man is more of a visual guy. The entire North By Northwest was built by wanting to do a scene where the Mount Rushmore chase, and subsequent hanging. He picked plays and novels and made it his style. Chandler went nuts trying to work him, to paraphrase, "one moment he wants this, another he wants that (chandler was quoting some of the stunt sequences from Hitch's films). he is not serious about the story"...and also famously remarked to his servants when Hitch came over for script discussion (Strangers in the Train) "Look at that fat bastard trying to get out of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Personally, I think QT is meant for Leonard. QT is a descendant of De Palma, who is a descendant of Hitchcock.
    Absof_loutely. I won't be surprise Tarantino's story telling style was influenced by Leonard. I really loved Jackie Brown (okay, now I accept De Niro's presence in it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hitch is a dictator. It would wind up different than the book that Leonard would wish he never sent the book in first place

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast