Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouna Guru - Not just another movie!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979 View Post
    wooden dialogues? ::
    delivery
    the weaving of the plot was good.

how is the movie faring in TN?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Mouna Guru - Three cops - one completly corrupt , other partial , a third cop who is cat on the wall of morality , female pregnant cop doing the investigation - yes , it is the familiar situation of a rural protagonist getting caught in the urban web - but it has been told fantastically - so engaging , appealing . GO for it !

2) Why such lound background score ? It was so bad , use of themese would have been effective .

3) Is the director associate of Mysskin ? so much for his style of narration . although not so dim lights and weird camera angles - despite the same camera man mahesh muthuswamy !

4)The two best scenes come within the first 1 hr - One involving an accident and the corrupt police discovering its more than that - The reaction of each policeman is picture perfect - effective characterisation and its manifestation.Second scene - where the corrupt police desperately tries to save the woman and we expect him he is empathetic only to find the dialogue at the end of it squashing it

5) Curious - why specifically a pregnant woman police - just a gimmick or anything sub text here ?

6) It was a big relief after the loud velayudham and ' high on aim but failed' 7am arivu - It is 5-6 characters and how what they do at wrong time ends up affecting the protagonist !!

7) Ever since kadhal came - we see realistic faces . We have the arts college - if its lingusamy , you would have seen a high class villain in a mercedes . Its not the case here . It is as , as you see in real life . Esp i like the 'mini-villain' character in colege..

8) A 75 year old paati came to watch the film - did she mistake it for the mouna guru for saamiyar movie ?

9) Few words on the climax - this aspect of senior policemen succumbing to external factors is not new - but its the timing , context which makes it realistic . A de cade ago, a policeman who fights against this bureacracy was seen as potrayin g different - now the acceptance of it is seen as realistic . I could see the parallel in my field . Fantastic !

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    They could've totally done away with that romance track
    +2.
    i din like her either... speed breaker for the already slow movie... edho doctorku padikkudhum, oru murayachum enna oosi podranganu bottle edutthu paakkumnu nenachen.. useless-average-looking-only-thangachi-of-anni... worst written character in the movie...
    and the arulnidhi... excels in the way he shows the singular expression, dialog delivery while speaking to his enemies, figure, mother, brother, father, no matter whoever...
    i could not tolerate his voice, jayam ravi now sounds far better.

otherwise, a gripping movie...
    i like the slow pace of the movie, and thats how i want the movies good movies, to be slow and keeps going on...
    moosic too was good...
    appreciate the director for avoiding songs at some tempting romance moments...
    i don understand wat the director tries to convey with the montages he chose to show during the title...
    and riyas khan, best written character in the movie...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Softswrod ,
    I thought she was apt for the character - you dont want a thammana to come and distract .. it should be just one of those characters whom he has an emotional bond .... I didnt see it as an insert, but just one more aspect in the web .

Title - sir , arul nidhi ku title song sir .. vamsam kuda vechaanga illa ..... it was supposed to be shown as a guy whom dont care if two guys fight among themselves - as far as he is not disturbed , he will mind his job ...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mouna Guru - Masterpiece/Left over piece?

I cant decide whether its a good movie or bad movie. It had good moments, bad moments and some boring moments too.

The good part is you can atleast watch this movie once, there is no commercial elements, its strictly a thriller. Even the songs are short. Camera and editing super, just like in Yutham Sei, Anjathey, Kalavaani.

The bad parts In my opinion: How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. The hero's mum (Vijays mum in Sura) has a hobby, that is to make me irritated which she succeed on. If the heroine was clever she wouldnt have fallen in love with a quiet type who every one consideres weird. BGM should have been better for a thriller movie. K or SUndar Babu might have keept the movie interesting by supporting with good BGM.

But hats of to the director for not making a commercial thriller, but an intelligent thriller.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    1) Mouna Guru - Three cops - one completly corrupt , other partial , a third cop who is cat on the wall of morality , female pregnant cop doing the investigation - yes , it is the familiar situation of a rural protagonist getting caught in the urban web - but it has been told fantastically - so engaging , appealing . GO for it !

2) Why such lound background score ? It was so bad , use of themese would have been effective .

3) Is the director associate of Mysskin ? so much for his style of narration . although not so dim lights and weird camera angles - despite the same camera man mahesh muthuswamy !

4)The two best scenes come within the first 1 hr - One involving an accident and the corrupt police discovering its more than that - The reaction of each policeman is picture perfect - effective characterisation and its manifestation.Second scene - where the corrupt police desperately tries to save the woman and we expect him he is empathetic only to find the dialogue at the end of it squashing it

5) Curious - why specifically a pregnant woman police - just a gimmick or anything sub text here ?

6) It was a big relief after the loud velayudham and ' high on aim but failed' 7am arivu - It is 5-6 characters and how what they do at wrong time ends up affecting the protagonist !!

7) Ever since kadhal came - we see realistic faces . We have the arts college - if its lingusamy , you would have seen a high class villain in a mercedes . Its not the case here . It is as , as you see in real life . Esp i like the 'mini-villain' character in colege..

8) A 75 year old paati came to watch the film - did she mistake it for the mouna guru for saamiyar movie ?

9) Few words on the climax - this aspect of senior policemen succumbing to external factors is not new - but its the timing , context which makes it realistic . A de cade ago, a policeman who fights against this bureacracy was seen as potrayin g different - now the acceptance of it is seen as realistic . I could see the parallel in my field . Fantastic !
    For #5 - Fargo paarungo.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished watching Mouna Guru! The movie kept the viewer (me) engaged from the start till the end.
    Performance wise nothing great and at the same time nothing to complain especially Arulnidhi. I like the lead actress though I thought she would have something to do during the mental hospital episode.
    Background score was at times loud and at times good.
    No separate comdey track diverting the viewer's interests.
    recent-aa vandha eththanayO padangaLil oru nalla padam.
    kaadhal iLavarasan kalaith thiRanai nI ariyaai!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Mouna Guru - Masterpiece/Left over piece?

I cant decide whether its a good movie or bad movie. It had good moments, bad moments and some boring moments too.

The good part is you can atleast watch this movie once, there is no commercial elements, its strictly a thriller. Even the songs are short. Camera and editing super, just like in Yutham Sei, Anjathey, Kalavaani.

The bad parts In my opinion: How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. The hero's mum (Vijays mum in Sura) has a hobby, that is to make me irritated which she succeed on. If the heroine was clever she wouldnt have fallen in love with a quiet type who every one consideres weird. BGM should have been better for a thriller movie. K or SUndar Babu might have keept the movie interesting by supporting with good BGM.

But hats of to the director for not making a commercial thriller, but an intelligent thriller.
    'How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. '
    That has happened in many tamil movies so i dont know y your complaining about this movie only

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good movie - Loved it. Climax, conversation with the deaf and dumb kids topped everything. All dots were well connected. Yes, romance didn't work at all apart from that no big flaws.

Somehow I felt that Alibaba should have got similar recognition.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    HATS off - Santha Kumar you made every one perfect for their roles inc HERO. We can strongly prescribe this movie to our friends & Family.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast