My review of the album... skipping kolaveri and the remixes...

After listening to many years (at least 10) of whispering, heavy breathing and singing with lips strictly no more than 2 millimeters apart in the name of delivering "melody" songs it is a BIG welcome change and a relief listening to the clear and bold vocals of Kannazhaga and Nee partha Vizhigal. Not to mention the bright and beautiful instrumentation, how they build up and flow. Really good work! I can't get enough of these songs, even though I am not particularly a fan of any of the four voices. There are a few minor flaws in these two songs but I can overlook them.

A Life Full of Love (Theme music) is a lovely bit that gives you the feeling of strolling amidst spring blooms on a mountain slope. Wish the bit was longer.

Rhythm of Love is too short a bit to comment on. Really like the Native American touch. Again, wish the bit was longer and more explorative.

Come On Girls is so unique and so cool (yes, I used that word but it is indeed cool). Love the throaty singing by Anirudh. And the tiredness while saying "come on girls". Very cleverly and neatly mixed song which could have easily turned into jarring noise in the wrong hands.

Po Nee Po is being promoted like it is the next big thing after Kolaveri. But it is nothing new. Wailing from the pain of love has been heard so many times before. Mohit Chauhan's voice is shallow and so is the emotion. Maybe he thought that it was a song about a child yearning for a pony for Christmas. The accent is a big turnoff too! Anirudh's screaming is the best part of the song.

Idhazhin Oram is nothing special or new either. Something for adolescent boys to sing along. Does not make me go "whoa whoa whoa whoa!".

Anirudh does not blend in one hundred genres in one song. Nor does he use five hundred instruments clumsily and clutter the song. There is no chorus going "saiyyo saiyyo saiyyo". He proves he can deliver tasteful melodies as well as fun numbers with neatness and unpretentiousness. Overall, an impressive album!