Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "3" - Why this kolaveri di - MD Anirudh

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"3" - Why this kolaveri di - MD Anirudh

"3" Music director Anirudh

Anirudh Ravichander, a 21-year-old Chennai lad, is one of the youngest music directors to enter films. Reportedly Anirudh has composed some brilliant tracks for his debut film 3.

He studied at PSBB and graduated from Loyola College. This brilliant young musician’s journey began when A.R. Rahman presented him with an award for the best instrumentalist in a reality show, Ooh la la la.

Now this youngster is chasing bigger dreams. He says, “I have composed music for Aishwarya Dhanush’s short films. We worked together for 12 short films. When she came up with her debut film, she wanted me to compose music for her film project as well. Aishwarya as a director is doing well. I am really excited about my debut film songs.”

Why this Kolaveri di is a song from 3 to be released today. The single-track release will exhibit a sample of Anirudh’s talent.
    Related Articles

Dhanush's song leaked online

He says of the audio of 3, “Dhanush and Shruti Haasan have rendered a duet, which will be good to watch as they will be in the visuals as well. Mohit Chauhan of Rockstar fame has sung a song for the very first time in a South Indian film. Dhanush wrote the lyrics for six songs. The Kolaveri song happened in 10 minutes. It was effortless, we just casually worked on the song. The surprising part is that even Aishwarya has written a song in the film!”

On his working style, he says, “I follow an emotion-centric style of working. I compose emotions in my songs. I don’t sit and compose tunes. I believe certain songs just happen by themselves. As I have been born and brought up in Rahman’s era, I have learnt music with his songs. I just want to compose simple, soulful numbers.”

Anirudh’s musical roots stem from a music band in his school days.

He says, “I was a part of a school band called Zinx. I used to be the piano player in my band. The band inspired me to take up my musical journey. Now my dear friends are working with me as my music team. So it is amazing fun at work.”

His fingers are crossed as his debut music track hits the stores. His prediction: “I am confident and I hope I’ll rock!”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...er-anirudh-780

Last edited by RR; 22nd December 2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Edited title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    #WhyThisKolaveriDi goes viral

National Award winning Best Actor Dhanush and his director wife Aishwarya R Dhanush have an ace up their sleeve - the hit single from their film upcoming film, 3.

Aishwarya Dhanush makes her debut as director with the film. It stars her husband Dhanush in the lead role, along with Shruti Haasan, the singer-actor daughter of superstar Kamal Haasan. The film, which is produced by Dhanush's father Kasthuri Raja, features music scored by newcomer Anirudh. The film is currently in its production stage and is expected to release in January 2012.

The song was the first audio single officially launched by the team of 3 last week. The hi-energy single has become a rage. In just 10 hours Why This Kolaveri Di became the most-searched song on Google and most-shared on Facebook, notching up an amazing 23,000 views on YouTube (statistics from a tweet posted by Aishwarya Dhanush).

The song has been climbing steadily since then. "1,02,000 views in one day on YouTube..#Whythiskolaveridi...," Aishwarya Dhanush posted on Friday.

The song, which many are saying is Tamil cinema's answer to Delhi Belly's youth anthem DK Bose, has everyone jamming.

Source: nDTV

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

An article in Economic times about kolaveri

Tamil actor Dhanush's studio rendering of bathroom crooning becomes a global rage overnightTamil actor Dhanush's studio rendering of bathroom crooning becomes a global rage overnight

Dhanush with one #kolaveri vid has outdone the publicity SRK managed to build over 3 months for Ra.One," says a tweet, one of the many that had kept 'kolaveri' on the top of the Twitter trending list.

Such has been the buzz around a song from 3, a forthcoming Tamil film. The latest viral video doing the rounds seems to have piqued the curiosity of everyone - from your neighbourhood chai-annan/walah to the elderly walking in the park, from the IIT campuses to office cooler.

On Tuesday, this song was the most recommended on YouTube's music section. It stood third in the global music list giving a tough time to Lady Gaga. Around 6, 95,599 people shared it on Facebook.

Interestingly, around 1.5 million people had watched this on youtube in four days, the largest song ever in India. An RJ in an FM station in Chennai says, "Almost 90% of people who called me today requested me to play this song. Never have I seen such requests pouring in." Similarly radio stations in Mumbai and other metros also had similar rquests on Tuesday after the virus started spreading. Even Anand Mahindra, vice chairman and MD of Mahindra Group tweeted about how cool the new song was. "And going viral in India is now #KolaViral," he tweeted.

Try making sense of the lyrics and you will hit a firewall. It is just another in the series of recent nonsense songs that have topped the Tamil charts and has been copied into other languages - Oh Mahasiya, Naaku Mukka, Where is the party tonight, Voda Voda Voda and now Kolaveri di. Even Superstar Rajnikanth's son-in-law Dhanush, who has penned the lyrics and sung the song, wonders as he croons 'Why this Kolaveri'. The movie 3 is directed by his wife and Ranjini's daughter Aishwarya Dhannush. It costars Kamal Hassan's daughter Sruthi Hassan.

"We did not plan or write down this song. When I explained the scenes to Dhanush he started humming this song at home and I told him we should include this in the movie. And he immediately told me, Why this Kolaveri di (murderous rage)? That's how the idea for this song came up," says Aishwarya.

Industry experts say that the USP of this simple groovy song is the usage of colloquial words that people can connect with. "They wanted me a write a song for this movie and I wanted to do something new this time. I thought this song should have a new concept and used Tanglish words," says Dhanush.

"What made the song so special was using common words like generally, sorry, come, go... These are words that people can relate to. I did not write the lyrics down... I just sang it."

"It a classic case study of online marketing. When we uploaded on day one the hits were normal," says Shridhar Subramaniam, President, Sony India & Middle East, who is publishing the album.

"But now we have requests pouring in from all parts of the world. Looks like it would explode."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/10837167.cms
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindu article

Tell him you are totally irritated with the sheer enormity and omnipresence of his song ‘Why this Kolaveri, di' that's become the earworm of the nation and 21-year-old music director of3, Anirudh Ravichander, laughs it off.

“I apologise,” he adds, quite amused and excited by the thunderous response to the single that was first leaked and officially released subsequently. Just four days ago.

The ‘Tanglish' song with quirky, improvised lyrics went viral and has already got about 1.5 million hits on the official page. It has been shared on social networks by hundreds, and has found fans among Bollywood celebrities and non-Tamil speaking youth from around the country and has sparked off debate on whether the song is anti-women or anti-English speakers.

“It's not meant to be anti-anything. Director [Aishwarya Dhanush] said the situation demanded a light-hearted fun song about love failure. I came up with a tune in ten minutes. I don't know what kind of mood Dhanush was in… he started singing in broken English and came up with this in 20 minutes. It just happened,” recalls Anirudh.

Apart from the obvious catchiness of the phrase ‘Why this Kolaveri di' and the simple folk-ish tune, the fact that the song had broken English lines sung with a thick local Tamil flavour might have something to do with its popularity.

“It's probably a rage because of the funny, broken English and some amount of musicality, but I cannot really explain beyond a point,” says Anirudh.

‘Why this Kolaveri di' became the first regional film song to be played by radio stations around the country on Tuesday evening. But Kolaveri, Soup Song... what do these words even mean to someone not familiar with the local slang?

Dhanush tweeted to clarify: “Soup song na [means] love failure song...Doubt clear aa?” Kolaveri is light-hearted slang for blood thirst. So it's no surprise that the song of a jilted boy asking the girl why she did that to him has become an anthem.

The song isn't just an outlet for single-boy angst of coping with rejection, it was also doing that in a language that tried to fit in to the world of the English speaking urban populace.

This is a type that Dhanush has perfected in his films. In his recent National award winning filmAadukalam, he tries speaking in English to woo the Anglo-Indian girl to hilarious effect when he tells her about his rooster but uses a word native speakers of the language would avoid in such a situation.

It is this lower middle class boy-next-door image and his inherent lack of larger-than-life heroism that have made Dhanush, and the characters he plays, relatable to his fans. They identify with him.

While the lyrics of this song are just an extension of the carefree slacker personality he often plays, his self-deprecatory broken English has worked in mysterious subversive ways.

Dhanush has indeed made broken English cool among some urban pockets but others laugh at it, rather than with it.

English is a formal language. Maybe breaking that stiff formality was just what the country wanted to let its hair down and share a laugh over a distinctly honest Indian voice. Accent included.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/...Us9CVA.twitter
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nethulerundhu enga paarthaalum indha paattu pathi than pechu.. NDTV'la solran.. innaikku Hindu'la first page'leye headlines maadhiri pottirukkan.. ithu patthaathunnu thaniya oru article...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Chat with Anirudh

Q
    You're the next A R Rahman?
    Asked by: Akshay
    A
    I would be happy if i am 1 percent of that brother *smile*
    Q
    how is the experience when u compose the kolaveri song with dhanush?because he is not a professional singer!! if u manage dhanush or dhanush manege's u?
    Asked by: pradeep
    A
    He has a lot of in-born talents.. His voice was the perfect icing on the cake for this track and he has aced it.. It is mainly because, as an actor, he can bring out the emotion in the song perfectly *smile*
    Q
    Kudos to the sng anirudh..its like an addiction now..i thnk the simple and funny lyrics and danush's singing along with ur pure desi beats made it stunning..its like an anthem now..nt just for south bt all over india..i want to know whose idea was to include this song and releasing it like this..i mean video of the song being performed by him inside the studio
    Asked by: Jayahari
    A
    It was the idea of our record label, Sony Music *smile*
    Q
    hey bob any chances of doin a bong song ???? bengali association loved this kolaveri ... they ve a kolaveri for this song now...
    Asked by: mo
    A
    If an opportunity arises, sure will do! Thank you very much for the love *smile*
    Q
    hellloooooo anirudh this is really superbbbb song of da year..... omg i got addcited to this songgg...... hope u give such fresh tunes alwaysssssss i future gud luk.............
    Asked by: Abhishek Mura
    A
    Thank you very much for the love *smile*
    Q
    Hi Anirudh,Did u use any pressure recommendations to overcome G.v.prakash in becomin music director for 3 ?
    Asked by: Praveenkumar
    A
    Hello Sir! Nothing like that sir *smile*
    Q
    Hey..Im glad to know that someone of my age has made a HUGE impact on today's music industry. What sort of music do you listen to? And what sort of advice do you have for the many people like me who are trying to make their music heard to a much larger crowd?
    Asked by: Rohan
    A
    Thank you Rohan! I listen to everything from House to Orchestral pieces! I am too young to give any advice but all i would say is- A song is never made, it has to come to you.. Those kind of songs are the ones which would become chartbusters and evergreen *smile*
    Q
    How did it feel working with an actor-singer like Dhanush?
    Asked by: Tapan
    A
    He is a wonderful artiste! So much fun to work with and he gets the best out of everyone *smile*
    Q
    It aint a question bro....You are amazing !!
    Asked by: Kishore
    A
    Q
    How has this overnight rise to fame affected your normal life routine? Do you feel like a celebrity yet?
    Asked by: Robin
    A
    Not at all *smile* I am just the mornal guy next door and will love to be so always *smile*
    Q
    ur fav line frm d song pls......
    Asked by: Sathish
    A
    God-u i am dying now-u She is happy, how-u ? *smile*
    Q
    Who do you consider as the best musician in India currently and also does any composer inspires you.
    Asked by: vinay
    A
    A.R. Rahman sir is my idol *smile*
    Q
    We know dis song is more than a smash hit n my personal favorite rite now… I just wanna know did u ever get a negative feedback while composing d song or after releasing ???? If so wat is it n from whom ….. PEACE
    Asked by: Ashwin Raj
    A
    Yes.. Till date, i have received 3 negative comments *smile* But i feel criticism is necessary to keep you rooted to the ground *smile*
    Q
    There r two version in kolaveri ..... leaked and new version... but many prefers leaked version..wht do u say abt this???
    Asked by: barath
    A
    Hahahahaha! It is each one's personal opinion sir *smile* The rough version is without any live instruments *smile*
    Q
    Hai anirudh. U hv utilise Dhanush's raw voice perfectly. Reveal us abt the genre of other songs in 3? is dhanush sir sing anyother in 3? Im expectin a romantic- melody sng 4m Dhanush voice. do u
    Asked by: Karman
    A
    Bingo! Yes he has sung a duet with Shruti Haasan maam! We've tried to make each song unique and in different genres.. Hope it works *smile*
    Q
    hiiii anirudh... howre you doing... i must say your song is a smashing hit.. all over india.. how are you so talented?? can you please tell us how??
    Asked by: Vinay Hariharan
    A
    Broooooo *smile* Wassup?
    Q
    I think putting the song on youtube first was a great idea! I feel composers like you should not just stick to films, make albums as well because that would give you more freedom too I guess. And we get good music! *smile*
    Asked by: Nandini
    A
    Thank you very much for the love *smile* Yes i will do that for sure if it is a viable option *smile*
    Q
    what is ur twitter name bro ?????????????????????????????
    Asked by: jeganfox
    A
    an1rudh99
    Q
    Are you the youngest music composer in India?
    Asked by: vinuth
    A
    Hello! I m not sure about that.. Would be happy if i am *smile*
    Q
    great anirudh, u made both psbb n loyola proud, its just a stepping stone to ur success , u ll acheive a lot more in ur life and u ll be one of the undisputed musician in comin yrs, lov uuuu man
    Asked by: mohan
    A
    Q
    who is fav. hero?
    Asked by: prmd
    A
    Hello! To me, Superstar Rajinikanth sir is god! *smile*
    Q
    Hey anirudh amazing work on the song!!! What do you have to say to the fact theres a HUGE group of non indians singing along with the song ??? My friend says its on loop in many rooms at his university dorms in the US!!!
    Asked by: Roopak Venkatakrishnan
    A
    Hi da! I am just really happy that the song has gone to such a crazy level *smile* Thanks to the team and to god *smile*
    Q
    Bro u r now a national hero,, beatin many records.. congrats 4 it.. have u signed any future projects???
    Asked by: Venkat
    A
    I am in no way a national hero sir! *smile* Thank you for your love anyway.. I am getting many offers.. Will keep you updated! *smile*
    Q
    Your are an inspiration to millions now , you've gained stardom by just 1 song *smile* congrats *smile* how are you dealing with it ? BTW you are supeer CUTEE <3
    Asked by: Shwe
    A
    Hahaha! Thank you very much.. I am not an inspiration ! I am very happy with the response and trying to keep myself as grounded as possible *smile*
    Q
    Awesome Work! Looking forward for the Entire Album on iTunes! Keep it Up, Bro!
    Asked by: Manjunatha Chandrashekara
    A
    Thank you *smile*
    Q
    What are "Soup boys"?
    Asked by: nalinee
    A
    Haha! Soup boys refers to boys who have gone through a love failure *smile*
    Q
    What do you prefer making - A song that is remembered even after 10 years or A song that is heard A million times and forgotten in 10 days?
    Asked by: howtonameit
    A
    I would love to make both type of songs *smile* 'Kolaveri' is one of its kind in the album.. You can look forward to the other kind in the rest of the album slated for a mid-December release *smile*
    Q
    whoa totally 10 songs???? Gethu.. i know Ajeesh has rendered a song.. do u hav rights to reveal d other singers?? i jus wanna knw My Fav Benny has sung any songs in d album bro...
    Asked by: Ayyappan
    A
    Yes.. 6 songs, 1 remix and 3 themes! Ajesh, SathyaPrakash, Myself, Dhanush sir, Shruti Haasan maam, Vijay Yesudas, Shwetha Mohan and more..
    Q
    U've made our school proud. Great going... All the best.
    Asked by: Aparna L Narasimhan
    A
    Thank you so very much for the love *smile*
    Q
    Have Done a Great Job.... Which of Rahman Song u Like Most ????
    Asked by: barath
    A
    My all-time fav is Pudhu Vellai Mazhai from Roja.. Recently, i love Tum Ho and Kun Faaya Kun from Rockstar *smile*
    Q
    yor DOB?? *smile* <3
    Asked by: ashwini
    A
    16/10/1990
    Q
    You are lucky to get the chance ! i envy u ! Do u agree there are more talented people out there??
    Asked by: Prateesh
    A
    Yes ! Our land is filled with talent ! I believe it is god's blessing *smile* And i will be ever grateful for that..
    Q
    athu eppadipa PSBB alumni rocking india? last week Ravichandaran Ashwin, this week you...
    Asked by: ahamed
    A
    Thank you so very much for the love *smile* Psbb na summa vaa *smile*
    Q
    Can u pls do it iin telugu also..?
    Asked by: kAushik Thallam
    A
    Sure sir! If an opportuntity to make it in Telugu happens, i will do so immediately *smile*
    Q
    First things first...an amazing job with Kolaveri & am stil not over it, hats off to your work! needed to know how were u approached by Mr.Dhanush for a project of this magnitude,given what some may say your relative inexperience & age?...but there's no doubt how much me & the rest of us believe in ur amazing talent.
    Asked by: Antonio Barreto
    A
    Thank you sir! I was a pianist from the age of 4.. Aishwarya maam(our director) shot many short films over the past 2 years and i scored the music for all of them *smile* So, now that she is launched as a director, they decided to launch me as well *smile*
    Q
    Hey hieeeeeeeeee anirudh..! I am a biggggggggggg die fan for u !!!!! Nd kolaverii di track is awsme....cnt stop listenin to it! I hve listnd sme no 0f tmes countlss!
    Asked by: soumya.
    A
    Thank u very much for the love*smile*
    Q
    ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL LOVE FAILURES IMPACTED THE MAKING OF THIS SONG
    Asked by: RAMJI
    A
    Hahahahahahahah! Good question sir.. If i have to be true, Yes *smile*
    Q
    Hi Anirudh, first of all congrats for your massive hit number *smile* I want to know whom do you like in the current generation music directors in Tamil industry?
    Asked by: Velayudham
    A
    I was born in the 1990's! So, A.R.Rahman sir is my idol *smile*
    Q
    Nd tis is a grt opportunity chatting live !!!!! Pls do rply meeeeeeeee! All the bst for future projects!!!! U gonna rock!!!!!
    A
    Thank u very much for the love*smile*
    Q
    When can we expect ur other songs in the album?
    Asked by: vijay
    A
    The whole album consisting of 10 tracks would be out by mid-December *smile*
    Q
    R thr ne chances of doin telugu songs ?
    A
    Sure! Would love to if an opportunity beckons *smile*
    Q
    Anirudh , you're so hot ! *smile* All the best then*smile*
    Asked by: Sushmita
    A
    Hahahaha! Thank u very much for the love*smile*
    Q
    hello bro..wishes for Kolaver first.. how did u get d idea for d Tanglish lyrics? and who suggested it???
    Asked by: Ayyappan
    A
    Thank u very much for the love*smile* Dhanush sir is the brain behind the Tanglish idea *smile*
    Q
    awesome song anirudh, thnk u for giving such a wonderful tunes, kudos to u, lov u n ur ur music a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Asked by: mohan
    A
    Thank you very much mohan sir *smile*
    Q
    how is ur feeling when u compose the song?u feel, this song will be hit only in tamilnadu or all over india?because,this song is the most searched video in youtube?over 1 million views in just 5 days.record breaking.
    Asked by: pradeep
    A
    Thank you very much for ur kindness! We made the song and were confident it would work! But this kind of a rage, internationally, was not expected! Thank you to all the listeners and to god..
    Q
    was this song made keepin in mind the youth of this nation not only south india.... coz my frenz who are not tamilians still go freak after listenin to this song????
    Asked by: sathya
    A
    Hi ! Yes it was made for the youth in mind indeed! It is just a blessing that it has become a rage across the globe *smile*
    Q
    Never quite seen a Song bridging the gap between the North and South India. You and Dhanush must win the Nobel peace prize for Kolaveri. congrats machi..
    Asked by: senthil
    A
    Hahahaha ! Thank you so much brother.. This success is enough for now *smile*
    Q
    how old are you???
    Asked by: fmg
    A
    Hello! I just turned 21 recently *smile*

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why this kolaveri NOV?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast