Thread: "3" - Why this kolaveri di - MD Anirudh

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"3" - Why this kolaveri di - MD Anirudh

"3" Music director Anirudh

Anirudh Ravichander, a 21-year-old Chennai lad, is one of the youngest music directors to enter films. Reportedly Anirudh has composed some brilliant tracks for his debut film 3.

He studied at PSBB and graduated from Loyola College. This brilliant young musician’s journey began when A.R. Rahman presented him with an award for the best instrumentalist in a reality show, Ooh la la la.

Now this youngster is chasing bigger dreams. He says, “I have composed music for Aishwarya Dhanush’s short films. We worked together for 12 short films. When she came up with her debut film, she wanted me to compose music for her film project as well. Aishwarya as a director is doing well. I am really excited about my debut film songs.”

Why this Kolaveri di is a song from 3 to be released today. The single-track release will exhibit a sample of Anirudh’s talent.
    Related Articles

Dhanush's song leaked online

He says of the audio of 3, “Dhanush and Shruti Haasan have rendered a duet, which will be good to watch as they will be in the visuals as well. Mohit Chauhan of Rockstar fame has sung a song for the very first time in a South Indian film. Dhanush wrote the lyrics for six songs. The Kolaveri song happened in 10 minutes. It was effortless, we just casually worked on the song. The surprising part is that even Aishwarya has written a song in the film!”

On his working style, he says, “I follow an emotion-centric style of working. I compose emotions in my songs. I don’t sit and compose tunes. I believe certain songs just happen by themselves. As I have been born and brought up in Rahman’s era, I have learnt music with his songs. I just want to compose simple, soulful numbers.”

Anirudh’s musical roots stem from a music band in his school days.

He says, “I was a part of a school band called Zinx. I used to be the piano player in my band. The band inspired me to take up my musical journey. Now my dear friends are working with me as my music team. So it is amazing fun at work.”

His fingers are crossed as his debut music track hits the stores. His prediction: “I am confident and I hope I’ll rock!”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...er-anirudh-780

Last edited by RR; 22nd December 2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Edited title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement