Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumari Kandam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramraghav
    Ok let’s get into some geology here..............

I think I have earlier made a mention of this wonderful book on revisionist history by a Briton, Graham Hancock. The book is called ‘Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilization’. ISBN: 1-4000-4951-2

If there’s anyway I can help in the author’s geological, archeological or literary research, please let me know. I’ll be happy to look up relevant portions of the book and answer questions as best as I can.

Ram
    Dear Ram,
    Please note that Mr. Graham Hancock research is highly contravarcial and rejected by many scientists. There was a famous program made by BBC (horizon) shows his selective research. I will write more detial about him
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear r_kk

Hancock's controversial reputation stems from the fact that he has managed to authoritatively challenge conventional historical wisdom.

Hancock himself makes mention of that BBC interview in his book, and makes a point that the BBC coverage was very prejudiced.

I request you to read his book (or atleast check his website) to consider his arguments, before passing judgement on his reputation.

Trust me, his analysis and research is very strong and convincing.

Ram

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r_kk

Ram
    Dear Ram,
    Please note that Mr. Graham Hancock research is highly contravarcial and rejected by many scientists. There was a famous program made by BBC (horizon) shows his selective research. I will write more detial about him
    Every noted scientist, from Galileo to Darwin, has been the subject of controversy! That alone is not sufficient to dismiss any of his theories! I guess it is best to evaluate his theories in an unbiased manner, given that we have no resources within our means to either prove or disprove them!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriya sonninge badri

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear r_kk

Hancock's controversial reputation stems from the fact that he has managed to authoritatively challenge conventional historical wisdom.

Hancock himself makes mention of that BBC interview in his book, and makes a point that the BBC coverage was very prejudiced.

I request you to read his book (or atleast check his website) to consider his arguments, before passing judgement on his reputation.

Trust me, his analysis and research is very strong and convincing.

Ram
    I understand, what you are saying.

Please note that his so-called findings are aimed to prove not only ancient civilsation but also indirectly lead to "aliens" "UFO" "life in Mars" etc etc. So, one has to careful, if their research work is fully based on his findings.

Till now I haven't gone thorugh his books. What ever I know about him is through the BBC program and CSICOP reviews. So, let me read his work without bias, in detail and comment later.
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

So if you are saying that Kumari kandam was went below water when himalaya went up, that was also 10,000 years, then it is not correct. Please note that glacier movement/ice age is much different to the plate tectonics and you can’t use a time scale “ 10,000 to 10,00,000” when you try to prove some thing scientifically.

I had also read many articles written on “Lemuria” by “Pollach N. Mahalingam” in his magazine “Sakthi”. Whether all his works can be considered as scientific proofs or not, it is a big question!
    Dear r_kk,

My explanation is not that Himalayan raising. Himalayan which came out of ocean. Plate tectonics is one scientific method scientists wants to explain about mountains raising.

Ice age is based on glacier movements that have been observed. The last glacier movements occured around 10000 years and it was mentioned in the book I refered.

Some scientists say 17000 years ago as pointed out by Ram Raghav in this column. The one ground reality is transformation occured on the earth crest. Based on that we want to explain the civilizational transformation.

We can not simply neglect the messages of literary works. In vedhas about 'Samuthra' was talked where no samunthra in north India. Saraswathi also was talked.

In the same way flood stories are talked now. Tamil literature talks about kumari kandam. We have to further seek archeological proofs to support the message mentioned in the literary works. Some ground reality might have influenced these writers.

We see the archelogical proofs containing language and culture as objective evidances to support our claims about civilizations. Not about skeletons that present million years ago.

f.s.gandhi

"Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Senior Member Regular Hubber Eelavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I PERSONNALY THINK AND I'M SURE OF THE EXISTENCE OF KUMARI KANDAM, BUT EVERYBODY CAN THINK WHAT HE WANT.

AND WHAT DOES THE LAST ARCHEOLOGICAL DISCOVERIES IN MAHABALIPURAM MEAN ??? THERE IS A BIG ANCIANT SUNKEN CITY. THE FACTS ARE THERE.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/underwo...balipuram1.php

I THINK BOTH TAMIL INDIANS AND ELAVARS HAVE TO RAPIDLY DO THIS RESEARCH BEFORE THE CONSTRUCTION OF SETHU PROJECT.

It is sad to note how intellectuals in India are quick to denigrate the extent and antiquity of their history, even when geological evidence like the Sarasvati River or archaeological evidence like the Harappan and Cambay sites are so clear...

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/o...1800030200.htm

Sangam Literature reveal us too many about Kumari Kandam.

It's only conjonction , but
    i hope that everyboy will understand what i'm trying to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have already seen the ‘Silappathikaram’ lines in support of Kumari kandam.

One more verse of Silapathikaram and explanation given by ‘Adiyarku Nallar’ clearly specifies the ‘nadus’ (kingdoms) in kumari kandam.

“Nediyon kuntramum Thodiyol powwamum
    Tamilvaram paruththa thanpunal nalnattu” – Silappathikaram.

“Thodiyol Powwamum” clearly specifies kumari Sea (since ‘thodiyol’ means young lady – kumari, powwam means sea) was the southern border after first Sea disaster(KADAL KOL)

‘Adiyarkku nallar’ gives his explanation to this line as follows :

Powwam – kadal is used because kumari ‘Aaru’(river) ended at kumari ‘kadal’ (sea) during Elangovatikal time. Pagruli river, and kumari kodu (kumari mountain) had been already plunged into water.

Between Pagruli river and kumari river the distance was 700 Katham. (One katham = 15 ‘kal’ distance = 15 miles : Totally 9000 miles)

The countries were 1.Thenga nadu – 7 nos. 2. Mathurai nadu – 7 Nos. 3. Munpalai nadu – 7 Nos. 4. Pinpalai nadu– 7 Nos. 5. Kuntra Nadu – 7 Nos. 6. Kunakaarai Nadu – 7 Nos. 7. Kurumpanai Nadu – 7 Nos. Totally 49 countries / Nadus.

In the middle of Pagruli and Kumari rivers Kumari mountain was there.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Friends,

Here you find the map of 'kumari kandam' containing the various Nadus. Check it out.

http://www.thule.org/lemuria.html

f.s.gandhi

Post Thanks / Like
    I ask the readers to check out the following link which was hosted by W.Scott Elliot, an eminent historian and perpetuater of Lemuria / Kumari kandam.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/tll/tll00.htm

and tll12 and tll15 of that site shows the inhabitants of lemuria and language existed respectively.

The languages were formed out from monosyllables (suttu oligal) and vowels which are in tamil is significant. Chinese language is that kind and chinean liguistic 'Troskin' found tamil containing more monosyllables than chinese and called tamil might be the first language spoken by mankind.

The roots words archeology is based on this formula.

Suttu olikal, verbial expressions, oru porut kilavikal will make roots in ascending order.

f.s.gandhi

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast