Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumari Kandam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Vini Vidi Vici,

As per Geologists view 'Kumari Kandam' had elevated and lowered down land deep lands along with volcanoes and great mountains higher than himalayan mountain.

If you observe any Atlas having coloured difference in sea mapping from Lakshadeeps (palantheevu in tamil) to Maldives(North to south direction) and from Maldives to SriLanka (east direction) the depth of Sea level is 1/2 to 1 Km.

Immediate south of Sri Lanka Indian Ocean depth is more than 3 Km.

From Sri Lanka to Sumatra 'Carpenter Ridge' is there under sea level and the depth is nearly 1 Km.

From Maldives to Madakaskar 'Carris berg ridge' is there having 1 Km depth.

We can take Maldives as once existed top of mountains. And till Madakaskar lot of small islands specifies the moutain series once existed between Kumari and madakaskar.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there had been mountains and volcanoes higher than the himalayas, and let us assume so, then there must have been very different climate than of today causing a different flora and fauna. This can be very "easily" researched by scientists/geologists. What I know is that the Indian Plate is going under the eurasian and as the result the Himalayas evolved (the same with the Andes, the amazonas flow into pacific once). There are founds of sea shells and amonites in the Himalaya witnessing it. But to vanish a geological formation higher and greater than the Himalayas something evil must have happened. When do you think that this has happened?

Thanks for your support, I have no idea about Kumari Kandam and I was not at all interested in Geology. It is good to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Vini Vidi Vici,

Scientists and Geologists classify Ice Age (10000 B.C to 7000 B.C) and Pre Ice age (Before 10000 B.C.) to explain the changes occured on the land.

Before 10000 B.C. kumari kandam was there with south America,South Africa,India and Australia as one land / atleast having land way connections. North and South poles were cool in nature.

Equator area only had climate and temperature for man evolution. The animals who cannot change their body temperature in accordance with surroundings evolved in this area. The animals who can change their body temperature in accordance with atmosphere evolved in earth poles.

Himalayan mountain was under the sea of northern earth hemi-
    sphere.

During 10000 B.C. (Ice Age) North and South poles became more cool and oceans get contracted into ice. Northern lands of present Russia, China and European countries lands came out. Himalayan also came out. This process continued till 7000 B.C.

During 7000 B.C. Ice in north and south poles started melting producing more water. Already in Kumari kandam the earth crest was damaged due to Earthquakes and volcanoes creating more elevated and down slide lands made the water flew into down parts first and elevated parts next.

Thus Three 'Kadal kol' (Sea swallowing- diaster) happened till 3rd century A.D. While the northern hemisphere land remained undisturbed the southern hemisphere lands were separated by sea. People migrated to northern hemisphere when in south America,South America and South African Aborigines stayed back.

The stories about 'Kadalkol' is available in all world ancient civilizations.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like
    removed

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Kumari Kandam

Kumari Nadu - Murugan - his Vel

I too believe Kumari Nadu existed but at this point there are insufficient evidence to this effect. Apart from oral, poems etc there is insufficent evidence to satisfy one in todays age and time. However even if this civilisation goes back to even 10,000 years, despite the deluge there has to be some form of concrete evidence to proof this mysterious continent and its people existed. I hope we shall be able to obtain some soon.

Nevertheless if I may say that despite over 3,000 years of suppression etc on thing that has remained intact among the Tamil (meaning Dravidian) people is Murugan and his vel. This cult is confined to Tamil Nadu and Tamil Eelam (North & East of Lanka). In Eelam it is predominantly the worship of the vel whereas in Tamil Nadu its Murugan & his vel.

Therefore in time despite new gods and cults emerging this peculiar man Murugan / vel has survived intact. There are stories(folklore etc) which states that Murugan was present and participitated during the 1st & 2nd Sangam. It is probable such a man did exist when Kumari Nadu existed. It is also plausible that during the deluge this gentleman (a leader or a commoner) may have played a leding role to lead the Tamil people to safety during and after the deluge.

Hence he has been genetically coded into us (if i may use such term). His abode is always on a hill top which may have been the safest place during such tragedy. In time he would have been 'heroworshipped' a peculier trend among the Tamil people and today he is being worshipped.

There is or could be a proximity between Murugan / his vel and Kumari Kandam. I believe there is. Murugan and his vel are still with us. But we have only a memory of Kumari Nadu.

Furthermore there is no evedential proof that Murugan even existed. Therefore if we can proof (archaeologically) that Murugan existed in flesh & blood I believe this will eventually lead us to Kumani Nadu. Yes "the search for Murugan & his Vel".

Kindly comment and suggest.

Thank You,

Regards,
    svmbanu
    [/u]

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F.S.Gandhi vandayar
    Dear Vini Vidi Vici,

Scientists and Geologists classify Ice Age (10000 B.C to 7000 B.C) and Pre Ice age (Before 10000 B.C.) to explain the changes occured on the land.

Before 10000 B.C. kumari kandam was there with south America,South Africa,India and Australia as one land / atleast having land way connections. North and South poles were cool in nature.

The stories about 'Kadalkol' is available in all world ancient civilizations.

f.s.gandhi
    Dear FSG,
    I appreciate all your efforts to prove that tamil civilization is the oldest. But I don't know why you are trying to produce new kind of so-called scientific data.

As per geology, the big gigantic continent "Pangea" was more than 250 mill. years ago, much before human evolution (from andipithecus ramidus to homosapiens). I will happy to know the basis of your claims if you can provide any vaild source.
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear r_kk,

Regarding the change occured in earth during 7000 B.C that I explained in my passage,

I refered the book "Discontinuity in Greek civlizations,Pennsylvania, Cambridge at the University Press, 1966. and "page 2 Gems from Pre-historic past" written by N.Mahalingam.

Scientists define glaciers movement and existance through ice ages. It may be ten to million years.

Kindly refer the follwing link to know what is meant by ice Age.

http://www.museum.State.il.us/exhibits/ice_ages/what_are_ice_ages.html

Regarding the "himalayan under sea" statement I refered P.T.Srinivasa Iyengar's "The stone Age in India".

f.s.gandhi

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F.S.Gandhi vandayar
    Dear r_kk,

"page 2 Gems from Pre-historic past" written by N.Mahalingam.

It may be ten to million years.

Regarding the "himalayan under sea" statement I refered P.T.Srinivasa Iyengar's "The stone Age in India".

f.s.gandhi
    Dear FSG,
    I don't have any objection about your mentioning of himalayas beneath the sea. The fossiles of Ammonites (Saligram) found above 5000m of himalyas proves that the himalyan region was once under the sea. The himalaya was formed due ocean retreat when indian plates moved towards eurasian plates around 40~50 million years ago (based on stratigraphy). These period was much before human evolution.

So if you are saying that Kumari kandam was went below water when himalaya went up, that was also 10,000 years, then it is not correct. Please note that glacier movement/ice age is much different to the plate tectonics and you can’t use a time scale “ 10,000 to 10,00,000” when you try to prove some thing scientifically.

I had also read many articles written on “Lemuria” by “Pollach N. Mahalingam” in his magazine “Sakthi”. Whether all his works can be considered as scientific proofs or not, it is a big question!

I hope you will not consider “Kal thontri man thontra…” literally as true. It shall be considered as “poetic licence” to express such one of the advanced early civilsation of human beings. Human evoluion as well as evolution of languages are very recent ones in geological scale. Please don’t consider my argument as some thing against your thoughts. I want you to be more authentic in writing Tamil’s history without contracticing science.

Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

Post Thanks / Like
    While r_kk is definitely sounding convincing, I have had of late certain doubts within mine own mind of when humans first appeared on Earth. As newer and newer evidence is being found, this date is also receding into time...

In 2001, National Geographic had published an account of fossils found in Ethiopia which may be the earliest human ancestor, dating back to 6 million years ago...yes 6 million years ago!!

Archaelogists have claimed to have found a 350,000 year old pink stone axe in a burial site in Spain, leading them to wonder if this may not represent the first ever burial rite by humans!!

When you really look at the evidences that keep being found, I wouldn't be surprised that some variation of Tamizh might well have existed, "kal thondri man thondraa kalathu mun"

Sometimes, folklore seems to be closer to the truth than what science has discovered till date...as we wait and watch, our latest tools and technologies may well help us unearth more evidences that take us back further and further in time.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok let’s get into some geology here..............

I think I have earlier made a mention of this wonderful book on revisionist history by a Briton, Graham Hancock. The book is called ‘Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilization’. ISBN: 1-4000-4951-2

There’s some excellent research here on the origins of civilization in Malta, Japan, Mesopotamia and India. As a background to all his research, the author gives a very detailed analysis of geology. It’s impossible to compress his hypotheses, observations and conclusions in this post, so I will just be as brief and pertinent as possible.

Following are a few facts as reported in the book:
    1. The last Ice Age lasted from about 125000 years before present (BP) to about 17000 years BP.
    2. The Last Glacial Maximum (LGM) was reached b/w 22000 and 17000 years BP.
    3. Habitable landmass, as available today, only took their present form after the end of the LGM, i.e. when the ice melted b/w 17000 and 7000 years BP.
    4. Nearly 5% of the earth’s surface (around 25 million sq km) has been swallowed by rising sea levels after the LGM.
    5. The melting of ice after the LGM, was not a steady and uniform process. It underwent sudden and catastrophic phenomena such as
    Ice dams: natural ice dams were formed in various ice sheets all over the world. These dams could hold thousands of cubic km of water, and then suddenly break up to release all the water in one enormous event. The drainage would have been as high as 10 million cubic m per sec.
    Volcanoes, earthquakes: continental shelves and ocean floors underwent isostatic rebound i.e. the shelves were becoming lighter due to meltwater running off and the oceans were becoming heavier due to accumulation of water. This led to extremely violent volcanic and seismic activity.
    Drumlins: Post-LGM, temperature rise caused glacial melting. Sometimes, meltwater accumulated under the glaciers. Drumlins grew by accumulating sediments, rock and other debris. And then suddenly they resulted in gigantic sub-glacial floods 20 m deep and up to 160 km wide. Volumes of water required to sustain such floods would have been around 1 million cubic km.

6. In the midst of continuous gradual seal-level rise, there were 3 periods of enormous global flooding leading to sudden catastrophic sea-level rise. These 3 global super-floods occurred at approximately
    i. 15000 - 14000 years BP
    ii. 12000 - 11000 years BP
    iii. 8000 - 7000 years BP

The author has been in the habit of making underwater dives all over the world wherever there is local folklore of submerged ancient lands. His dives in Mahabalipuram and Poompuhar have revealed submerged structures that date to at least 7000 yrs BP (Mahabalipuram) and 11000 years BP (Poompuhar).

The book is extensive and well-researched and I highly recommend that anyone interested in this subject get a copy of it. At the very least, you may want to check out his website: www.grahamhancock.com

If there’s anyway I can help in the author’s geological, archeological or literary research, please let me know. I’ll be happy to look up relevant portions of the book and answer questions as best as I can.

Ram

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast