Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Indians in Trinidad

Senior Member Regular Hubber Guyana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this thread different from the one I posted in, in response to a particular post that reads: yet to see a Trinidadian here. Must be something to do with the old and new hub.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyana
    How to rationalize:

Before any Indians of 18th Century return to India, they must consider:

1. How would they be viewed by Indians and Tamils;
    2. They (the returnees) must have their lines of defense to:
    Ø Run away low caste
    Ø Did all low caste leave India (was Indian ever cleansed of low case)
    Ø How better or worse of are the caste in India compared to the so called run aways
    Ø Low caste in India and elsewhere that look down on 18th century returnees, should be viewed as even lower, having in mind that low caste may have left India initially, but in 19th century, people of all caste left India.
    Ø *Off springs of high or low caste that left India though enslaved, found much more dignity and pride than those of which they left behind, so who is to call who low?
    Ø Its worse to be left behind and found to be lower in pride and dignity in one’s own mother country of birth. From what we have seen and came across, we know that this is the case. Yet, these are the said people with loud mouths calling 18th century returnees, low caste and off springs of slaves when they themselves are seeking to leave their mother country in present times and nothing to justify why they were left behind;
    Based on all the above, it seems that it was the brave and strong (mentally and physically), willing to take risk and face challenges that left in the 18th century, the very lot that made the way for the new comers who mock them.
    I highly doubt Indians who migrated forcefully or willingly in teh 18th century to otehr countries would have any trouble if they returned to India. People in India are generally accepting of others and this caste discrimination crap is dieing down. I never even heard the word caste the last time i was in India(i went to villages and cities...and no one really seemd to care about caste).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole thing with the Caste Discrimination of returning indians seems very farfetched. I mean, come on! Who the hell is even going to know? Caste Discrimination isn't very hot in India anymore, but that's a different issue.

Like HL said:
    Indians are very accepting. We don't have a prob with Lankan immigrants coming in, why makes these ppl any different?
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Like HL said:
    Indians are very accepting. We don't have a prob with Lankan immigrants coming in, why makes these ppl any different?
    I agree!
    As for lankan immigrants tho, its poss' most of our ppl. (outside TN) don't even know tat they r coming in....?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Guyana,

From your recent posts ( I don't know about your old posts) I understand you discussed about the "discrimination" and its proportions. Nothing hazardous happenings are here in India. Especially, Tamil Nadu is peaceful place to live with when comparing other states because lot of social movements came into being to curb the discrimination.

Now the 'discrimination' is identified only in marriage. Indian laws are enough now to fight the discriminations.

How is the conditions of Indians in Trinitat and Guyana now ?

Can you explain more ?

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Senior Member Regular Hubber Guyana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    F.S.G

I am still re-cooperating. Hope you were following other post which could in the meantime, be answers to your questions.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Continue your postings
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like
    to old post

well it certainly took a long while but finally i'm here , a fifth generation trinidadian indian with a strong passion for indian culture and religion (and food !!!)
    jai chandika amma

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Avil, same here being a Guyanese. But some people here find it hard to believe. By the way, that's me up there as Guyana, just in case you didn't realize. Why my user ID changed a long story you will come to know in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    to goodsense

well its good to know that wherever indians went , their culture and traditions remained strong and intact , no matter what part of the globe they went.
    jai chandika amma

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345