Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Television

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cylindrical surphace wouldn't cause any cuts to the body. There's a minor bulge that's visible. cuts on Walt's face is reflected and carried on to subsequent episode really well..

I'm more than impressed, maybe even 'floored' by sound design and visual palette of BB
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya cut is ok, but an oldman of 50+ falling off from that height on to a metal tank and bouncing back to the ground on his face.. with not even a crack in his spectacles..
    btw, i know this sounds like nitpicking... so let me stop here and speak abt what i came to say... ya... the actions scenes were unbelievably believable...
    Last edited by SoftSword; 13th August 2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't the shot itself constructed from a long pan, then tracked on to Walter. So there you go, Plausibles. It's all done in the shot, no added effect, is there?

Post Thanks / Like
    'Action' in BB..

The gas/chemical explosions matched by a simple strangling in the basement.

Jesse/Walt vs Tuco/Hector

Cartel violence (indelibly registered flashback and modern day vengeance). Hank/DEA-related violence as a message & extent of depravity, in particular something on a moving tortoise

(non-verbal) Brothers and their legend in general, with the 'folk' ritual 'The Searchers'-like depiction, the Mexicans, for the most part, are muted from Hector and Cousins both literally and otherwise, they are the true 'Other'. Across the border, subsumed evil on level of Javier Bardem in NCFOM. The suspension is carried, to the 'hit', where the SMS is the 'pause'. The Fring-ed detour to Hank and the encounter in the car park. The audience are put in to discomfort, with immediacy of the action..

The urgency towards end of "Breaking bad" Season 4, is in its patterns and designs, not one to one, is one to n; n to one. It's not draughts, it's Chess. Jesse vs Walt.. (these cuts are carried over, plausibly, to the subsequent episodes)

Mike's action sequence(s), you'll find out, is very much staged like a late 60's/early 70's Boorman/Yates flick.

Above all, Heisenberg as a dark mythic figure, in all-Blacks, in the 'Western' territory. The baren landscape of Alburquque, as Pasolini would typify & countless other Westerns had explore, is no more deserted than one's house, or solititude of one's own soul. The numerous possibilities of endless space, where they're attired to not mask, but reveal their demoned soul. WW has already crossed with Fring (who again 'reveals' himself, the real him), Mike nearly crashes on to him this season.. The Truel scenario hasn't yet assumed itself, because Jesse is made to crawl, crouch, kneel and protect WW, who will be gradually unawared of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    the crawling ritual scenes, though were made seriously, i could not stop thinkin of 'thedinen vandhadhu' as i already did mention... unintentionally funny for me... apart from that, i never felt rooted for them as i am not very convinced with what brought them into the story essentially... jus that tuco mentions, 'my cousins are on the way'... how is that important for them to take revenge on the ones who directly/indirectly killed tuco... what tuco means to them... etc., or maybe i could not get the insight of their characters... i am just speakin from how it works for me...

and the tortoise episode...
    was that tortoise bomb arranged targetting hank? if not, who?
    and the twins are associated/? with the other tortoise-gifting-guy who was later killed by gus's men?
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    kadhaiya olunga parkureengala illaiya..
    http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Tortuga

As for twins avenging Tuco's death, idhu enna kelvi?

Perusu (Hector) thaanE ellarayum valakkuraaru.. Perusu'ku odambu nalla irukkum bOdhu, Cartel'la periya thagudhi ullavar.. Caporegime, not Consiglieri, isn't this also clearly established in the flashback. Hector does what the Don wants to do. He does not advice the Don. Illaina Fring Hector-a uttu vechu iruppaara..

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd any way suggest you to finish the 4th season and catch up with us, before you read the detailed synopsis.

Post Thanks / Like
    andha turtle head episode mattum konjam kolappamaave irunch... i was thinkin on the lines of hank killed tuco, so it was a trick to shift him to el paso etc etc., so totally screwed it up... thanks... and wat a link that was..
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Dead Freight
    wow just wow..best show of this season..nothing really stops this Walt train.. Lydia interrogation was nicely done and Mike's one liners were

sample this

Everyone sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head.
    and Lydia's gall to ask for a percentage

I knew something was amiss about this Todd guy..first he broke Mike's no q's rule and this final act to follow it up..suffice to say Walt has found a replacement for Mike-the enforcer in him..donno what gives with all those close up shots of Holly

Mike's action sequence(s), you'll find out, is very much staged like a late 60's/early 70's Boorman/Yates flick.
    its all spaghetti western in this episode.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Action scenes in BB: I mean the clever use of Science in BB. Full of spoilers...

1. The first cook in the van gone wrong when Krazy88 are intoxiated by poisonous fumes.
    2. The bath tub acid drowning.
    3. Killing Krazy88(??) around the pillar.
    4. Hank/Tuco shootout.
    5. Tuco beating the shit out of his own guy.
    6. Tuco/heisenberg meet
    7. ATM on a guy's head.
    8. The Kid killin the fat guy dealer(Jesse's friend)
    9. Tortuga's Murder (Head severed and killing DEA's in a tortoise bomb0
    10. The mid air collision
    11. Walt runnin over 2 dealers/
    12. Cousin's 3rd season epic truck blowout.
    13. Gus walkin into open sniper fire.
    14. Hank/Cousins parking lot shootout . My fav
    15. Jesse killin Gale
    16. The whole sequence from Hank trailing the RV and Walt calling Saul for help.
    17. Hank beating Up jesse
    18. Gus killin victor
    19. Cartel's random attacks on Gus's crew.
    20. Gus killin cartel crew.
    21. Hector /walt killin Gus.

P.S: Jesse/walt physical fights in all seasons. And there are some elaborate heists and jamming police work stuff in there too.

There might have some scenes i have missed. Show me this variety elsewhere. And use of clever methods ricin in a cigarette, pipe bomb and lily of the valley.
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 13th August 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast