Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Television

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid,
    I think i saw u post about Dexter S0603 and i dont remember..The other day me and my friend where discussing about dexter praying for harrison when he is sick.. What do u think about it? is it inconsistent writing?I mean his charac is defn not the same as the first or the second season.. or they trying too hard to show dexter too is "human" and is weak during those situations? Ur small prediction how this season will go?
    Last edited by Sid_316; 5th November 2011 at 01:33 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    The soundtrack of lost was amazing! Michael Giacchino

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid_316 View Post
    2nd season desmond's intro yours? Thanks for posting these clips memories!

Mine too. Desmond's. Reminds a bit of Dexter's opening credits. Ha ha.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kid,
    I think i saw u post about Dexter S0603 and i dont remember..The other day me and my friend where discussing about dexter praying for harrison when he is sick.. What do u think about it? is it inconsistent writing?I mean his charac is defn not the same as the first or the second season.. or they trying too hard to show dexter too is "human" and is weak during those situations? Ur small prediction how this season will go?
    Yeah, they're trying to show Dexter falling for it. Especially coz the kid is at critical care. At the conjecture of raising his son, he has to decide what's best. I think the professor and his aide as doomsday killers is the counterpoint to it. Something to speak against religion. And then have Mos Def trying to open Dexter's eyes, pro-religion. But the guy doesn't care for anyone's validation for far more graver things. So it did seem bit of stretch. But even as means to create interesting motifs, dramatic urgency, etc - it didn't affect me. But there are some moments in v-o and in the kills. Except I hope they shut Debra's face. Getting sick of her 'holy mother of f---' reactions. Kitsch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.. It was pretty darn interesting to a certain point.. u will know.. the first 4 maybe a little of 5 (dont exactly remember) was just amazing! it made me discuss in orkut/forums etc, dwell,analyze different theories,spend hours on it. It even made me to give a revisit certain episodes. But 6th was a shocker! Be prepared for the worst
    The finale (and backstory of the Island leading up to it) is inexcusable. I didn't like the spiritual route that they took at all. MenInBlack vs jacob - black vs white, biggest cliche in existential terms - sort of foreshadowed in the first season with white & black stone in a pouch.

Ben Linus vs Charles Widmore - chappaiya pOchu.

Jack Shepherd vs John Locke - Man of faith vs Man of Science. One the vice to the other's versa. But eventually it didn't work. Locke-E appeattu. The whole idea of naming him 'Lock', and have Jack to wear 'key' on his neck. Enna symbolism ithellam? Of course, nooru explanation kudukkalam. But again it wasn't realized well as Locke's compromised for MIB. Or, this was the only way they could justify Monster letting Locke live. Making up the monster as they go along? And they made it MIB himself.

What if they set out to do purgatory from the Pilot episode? I don't think they ever thought it'd go this long. Have a feeling that they had something of a Cast away meets Solyaris meets A Pure Formality/Jacob's ladder (or any other purgatory) scenario. They had many cues (dead Christian Shepherd walking around, mircales happening), but they eventually threw in Electromagnetism, particle physics and quantum mechanics, adding more complexity. They shouldn't have "abandoned" the sci-fi mode. It's not like they were tonally consistent throughout. Unlike films like Solyaris, they were embracing the genre at many moments. And it's these moments that I most cherish.

I'm still not quite sure of the timelines aligning themselves. Only as a consequence of having entirely lived in the first timeline, the character(s) could be self-aware. 'Sideways' wouldn't matter at all. As there's no parallel here. So they shouldn't be calling this Flash-sideways (even if this quite a novel concept and one they always played around with, narrative structure of flash-backs and flash-forwards before) Overall, the idea of offering moral judgement, let alone redemption, is such a phony closure. Maybe Jack will shepherd his friends, like he had always done. Some of their moral choices leaves a lot to be desired in Island-timeline. But it's more the means to the end. In the 'other' timeline, they were never really 'tested'. An argument that we carry our good deeds/sins/burdens across these timelines/lives - and by consequence, we get our reward(s) in the subsequent timeline/life. A problematic and assumptive reading of after-life. Not quite illuminating, I'd argue. But this is a work of fiction, and we're only to be concerned about these characters. As an ensemble piece, it puts out the universe with enough conviction and to wit, stages a free-willed dharma.

So yes, 6th season has left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth with certain missteps. But, for sheer breadth and scope, for laying out a pure aural-visual experience in Television, this is one of the 'events' of the decade. And shouldn't be devalued lightly.
    Last edited by kid-glove; 7th November 2011 at 03:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post

So yes, 6th season has left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth with certain missteps. But, for sheer breadth and scope, for laying out a pure aural-visual experience in Television, this is one of the 'events' of the decade. And shouldn't be devalued lightly.
    But a lot was promised.. like everything will be explained etc. But i guess even the creators told once.. The series is mainly about the characters. So we cant complain much..And also gotta agree this went far too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dexter Season 6 Episode 6.

It got a little interesting for a moment despite having worst dialogues (one of their high-points usually). But eventually the writers were so constricted in their options that they thought it'd be better to go 'spiritual' in a literal way, new spirits appear. I'll let who, when and what be a surprise. But after that brief moment, it'd be well and clear how off-putting the show could turn out to be. Prepare for the absolute worst.

Just get Debra off the Lt. position, it'd get a lot more tolerable. And give some closure to Debra-Quinn - the lamest relationship in Miami. Boring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dexter Season 6 Episode 6.

It got a little interesting for a moment despite having worst dialogues (one of their high-points usually). But eventually the writers were so constricted in their options that they thought it'd be better to go 'spiritual' in a literal way, new spirits appear. I'll let who, when and what be a surprise. But after that brief moment, it'd be well and clear how off-putting the show could turn out to be. Prepare for the absolute worst.

Just get Debra off the Lt. position, it'd get a lot more tolerable. And give some closure to Debra-Quinn - the lamest relationship in Miami. Boring.
    Neenga over ah kalaikiringa adhukunu Next episode promo la oru car driving psychotic scene lam nalla dhan irunduchu atleast as a fanboy.
    Last edited by Sid_316; 8th November 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    andha shooting'lam Mad Max-style'a irundhadhu.

Andha father sequences-E remba childish-a irukkum. Ippo birather

Dr.Gellar dialOks on how Travis would belong to scum of the earth. They might redeem themselves if that guy isn't for real. What if he's to Travis what Harry is to Dexter. That way at least they could justify parody-style.

Post Thanks / Like
    andha shooting'lam Mad Max-style'a irundhadhu.

Andha father sequences-E remba childish-a irukkum. Ippo birather

Dr.Gellar dialOks on how Travis would belong to scum of the earth. They might redeem themselves if that guy isn't for real. What if he's to Travis what Harry is to Dexter. That way at least they could justify parody-style.
    Yov overa asinga paduthra adhukunu .. Harry ku enna korachal Appo appo vandhu advice punch diaalaks lam tharuvaru.. imaginery father nu vera avangale kalaichikitanga.. Watever podhum i say.. u r making me dislike the show more

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast