Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Television

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyame...s_are_precious

Spoilers below

Episode 1: Daughters are precious
    The first episode focused on the issue of female foeticide in India. The show began with some shocking stories of mothers who struggled to give birth to their girl child. The first guest on the show was Amisha Yagnik from Ahmedabad. She said that she was forced by her husband and in-laws to abort her female unborn child six times in a span of eight years and further shares her experiences to finally give birth to a daughter later. The second guest, Parveen Khan from Morena, Madhya Pradesh shared the story of her husband disfiguring her face by biting it, when she insisted on giving birth to a female child against his wishes.[29] Next, doctor Mitu Khurana from Delhi was asked by her orthopaedic surgeon husband and in-laws to abort her girl twins just after 20 weeks of conceiving. On the show, she said her husband and in-laws “took every wrong step to force me to abort” but thanks to her family ”I saved my kids.” Her mother-in-law who is a retired vice-principal from a Rohtak school, tried to kill the babies by kicking a baby basket, with one of the babies, down the stairs, but the child was however saved.[30]
    The show claimed that according to 2011 Census, the rate at which the unborn female child is killed amounts to killing off 10,00,000 girls a year and there were 914 girls for every 1,000 boys.[30]The episode concluded with a song O Ri Chiraiya sung by Swanand Kirkire along with Ram Sampath.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in 3.

Only three more weeks until they are baaaack! Don't miss the summer premiere of Melissa & Joey Wednesday, May 30 at 8pm/7c!

Post Thanks / Like

Jake has 3-some and Alan is worried. Season 8 opener. Ah the good old days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad's creator: 'This thing will end with a blast'

The man behind one of the best shows on television says Breaking Bad's creative team are "killing themselves" to give the show a proper send off.

The critically acclaimed show, about a school science teacher who turns to cooking meth after being diagnosed with cancer, is set to come to an end with its fifth season, which begins airing in America later this year.

While the final season will be split into two parts, the last of which will air in 2013, creator Vince Gilligan says it will end "on a high".

"We're killing ourselves to make the show as satisfying as possible," Gilligan said in an interview with Digital Spy.

"We're gonna do our damnedest to make this thing end with a blast and end on a high note, in a way that will satisfy everyone. But I think, as we all know, there is no satisfying everyone. But we'll do our best."

Gilligan warned not everyone would be happy with the show's ending.

Just the law of averages tells me that a lot of folks will say, 'Nah, that's not what I hoped for. That's not what I saw in my mind's eye.'

"I don't say that because I think it'll be unsatisfying. I think it will be [satisfying] for a large majority of viewers, and that is certainly our intention, but when you make an investment in a television show, you tend to have a proprietary feeling towards it.

"These characters become your characters, and you have hopes and dreams for them. You have expectations for them."

Few details have emerged about the story arc for the show's final season, but Gilligan said splitting it into two parts gave them more time to work on the story.

"It certainly could have been aired as one long block of episodes, but I think the folks that make those decisions - who are at a pay-grade higher than mine - figured it would be better to do two smaller-sized seasons and to take us through the year 2013," he said.

"I'm very happy about that. I like the idea of us being around a couple more years."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10806050

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Totally forgot , Anybody watching Aamir's show SJ ??. It's airing right now on Star Plus and on DD.
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KG and AF,
    Check out all the minisodes of breaking bad.. its available in youtube.. Even the minisodes are awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Hand to God, KG and Sid I just cannot wait for the 5th season. If i were in America I would have travelled to Kansas and visited AMC's HQ. July come soon

Jesse Pinkman
    15 minutes ago

Good morning, bitches! Let's cook some meth!

Last edited by ajithfederer; 21st May 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could they fast forward it to July already..
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    இன்று ’சத்யமேவ ஜெயதே’ நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஆமீர்கான் மருத்துவர்கள், தனியார் மருத்துவமனைகள், மருந்துக் கம்பெனிகள் ஒருங்கிணைந்த drug mafia வின் தோலை உரித்து தொங்கவிட்டார். இன்றைய மருத்துவர்களின் செயல்பாட்டை ‘ நம்பிக்கைத் துரோகம்’ என்ற வார்த்தையால் மனக் கொதிப்புடன் குறிப்பிட்டார். என்னைக் கேட்டால் ’தேச துரோகம்’ என்பேன். ஏனென்றால் பயாங்கரவாதிகளால் கொல்லப்படுகிறவர்களைவிட பணத்துக்காக தவறான மருத்துவம் செய்து கொல்லப்படுபவரக்ள் பல்லாயிரம் மடங்கு அதிகம்.

From FB

Post Thanks / Like

Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast