Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Television

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done. Dexter 'finale'. They've always wanted to end it like this, didn't they? Finally, they've took the bold step of doing it with full 2 seasons left.

And yeah, the angle wasn't out of question. There's always a sexual tension between the characters, and in Debra's choices (As she painfully exposits to the shrink). Also their real life relationship was creeping in to the show. Now what they'd do with 2 full seasons? It could be painfully drab. But one hopes not.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Also I found the last two episodes were better written, paced & directed. Deliberate move, after the haphazard, random manner in which the whole season panned out.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.. But innum 2 seasons iruka?! i thot it will end next season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Homeland's finale was a bit disappointing for me.. Not really what i expected but nevertheless not bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was brilliant. Very subtly done. They don't blow things up. It plays out on psychological plane.

Damian Lewis This guy is going to push Cranston, but ultimately 'crawl space' will eat up the competition. So Cranston is safe for GG/emmy ATM.

Claire Danes, I like her cry-face, and the way she gauges the levels of bi-polar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strangely, it's Dexter which reminds me of 24 (the final two episodes), Homeland is antithetical & has many more dimensions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    I thought it was brilliant. Very subtly done. They don't blow things up. It plays out on psychological plane.

Damian Lewis This guy is going to push Cranston, but ultimately 'crawl space' will eat up the competition. So Cranston is safe for GG/emmy ATM.

Claire Danes, I like her cry-face, and the way she gauges the levels of bi-polar.
    Agreed to an extent .. but it was kind of predictable sometimes.. don't know how to exactly say this like for an example first time the bomb won't go off..I hate these kind of clich-ed coincidences.. Why do u hav to keep a scene like that ofcourse andha scene la damian was good.. But it cud hav been dealt in a simpler way like the daughter calls her before the first time? Happens in every serial. Anyone can open doors/Anyone can open cars etc. Dexter has lots of it :Evil: House MD don't know if u hav seen it but doctors break into patients home and check for some evidence

Damian was good but cranston alavuku? i thot his facecut is a big asset.

I thot clarie danes was great

Post Thanks / Like
    The bomb didn't go off. Yeah. But how is that a cliche? (Compare this to Dexter, where the canned gas doesn't present its danger, or serve a dramatic purpose. We've seen that (Dexter saving Debra) god knows how many times? That's a cliche.) Brody reassembles it & checks for connection, puts it on. It not only treats something of that magnitude with respect, but it also serves its dramatic purpose. Meanwhile Carrie finds the daughter & persuades her to call. The daughter cares for her father, but she'd never jeopardize him in front of her or anyone. He doesn't even let her mother know. She's aware that there's something wrong, but she'd not want to contemplate that scenario fully or get her dad into trouble. She wants her dad safe. All done amidst the danger of the bomb going off any moment was impressive. Not only does it make for a thriller, it buys time to build its own psychological dimension to the characters. Brody nearly lives his own death with failed trigger. Before that, there's a trepidation & ambiguity in his actions. He lets things play it out & there's a hint of hesitation to his every move. After this incident, he has a renewed sense of how to play things out. He doesn't hesitate to take out Walker. And he cuts a different course of plan with Nazir.

One other thing I'd really highlight is the lack of 'brainwashing' or 'hypnotizing'. Or any kind of treatment out of ordinary. It is no 'Manchurian candidate' in that respect. He turns to Islam (not out of force -a key point), but is that the reason he 'turned'? The ideological element is played out of it, it's much more personal theme of love & loss. The shock & PTSD. As a parallel to him, Carrie too suffers a PTSD, which we don't clearly know about, yet. but only discussed briefly with Saul. Her loss manifests into obsession, to point of bi-polar stress disorder. In this, they're both united. They really genuinely identify with each other. That's how the cabin episode plays out so beautifully. Both aware that the other would pose threat to their side of field. But both equally in unison of being victims of war crimes (Issa is his loss, hers should be revealed in coming season).

Post Thanks / Like
    The bomb didn't go off. Yeah. But how is that a cliche? (Compare this to Dexter, where the canned gas doesn't present its danger, or serve a dramatic purpose. We've seen that (Dexter saving Debra) god knows how many times? That's a cliche.) Brody reassembles it & checks for connection, puts it on. It not only treats something of that magnitude with respect, but it also serves its dramatic purpose.
    Yeah agreed. But i don't know i felt it was a little predictable.. cos he is the poster boy of this series and obviously they wont kill him off and finish this series. YEah if u think the other way it did serve the purpose.

One other thing I'd really highlight is the lack of 'brainwashing' or 'hypnotizing'. Or any kind of treatment out of ordinary. It is no 'Manchurian candidate' in that respect. He turns to Islam (not out of force -a key point), but is that the reason he 'turned'? The ideological element is played out of it, it's much more personal theme of love & loss. The shock & PTSD. As a parallel to him, Carrie too suffers a PTSD, which we don't clearly know about, yet. but only discussed briefly with Saul. Her loss manifests into obsession, to point of bi-polar stress disorder. In this, they're both united. They really genuinely identify with each other. That's how the cabin episode plays out so beautifully. Both aware that the other would pose threat to their side of field. But both equally in unison of being victims of war crimes (Issa is his loss, hers should be revealed in coming season).
    True.Ellam just "on the surface" madhiri dhan.. But it wasn't bad. The last shot of the finale was good

Anyways looking forward to the 2nd . The scenario will be a lot different now.
    Last edited by Sid_316; 21st December 2011 at 06:25 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute, Debra having feelings for Dexter . Guess I am missing a lot.

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast