Thread: UNBEATABLE 70s - the rare gems

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get ready to immerse yourself in a haunting number

Film: POOKKAARI
    Song: Kaadhalin Pon Veedhiyil
    Singers: T.M.S., S.Janaki
    Music: Mellisai Mannar M.S. Viswanathan

விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Supposed to have featured in the film AVAN ORU SARITHIRAM. It didn't. However, the producers didn't want to lose this great number. Used it in the film PERUMAIKKURIYAVAL.

Singers: T.M.Soundararajan, P.Sushila
    Music: Mellisai Mannar M.S.Viswanathan

விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Not so popular but typical KVM Sir's melody.. The great voices of T.M.S. and P.Sushila, will make you wonder why this song was not broadcast often in the radio those days.

Song: Devan Vandhandi
    Film: Uthaman
    Cast: Sivaji Ganesan, Manjula

Post Thanks / Like
    Idhu varai parthadhu adhu enna vedham Idhu enna paadam, endru ketka thondrum paadal

Film: Nizhal Nijamagiradhu
    Song: Ilakkanam Marudho
    Singer: S.P.Balasubramaniam, Vani Jayaram

Post Thanks / Like
    And the song that took 70s by storm and paved the way new music ... and for Kamal too... SPB WENT TO GREAT HEIGHTS THROUGH THIS SONG..

AND EVERY ONE WOULD GO TO 70S ... no doubt

Song: Unnai Naan Parthadhu
    Film: Pattikkaattu Raaja
    Music: Shankar-Ganesh

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to think this film is a B&W film as we saw all these songs on a B&W TV. Even when we realized that this is a color film, our minds hesitate to accept it. Always feel and assume it as a B&W film. Let it be that way, that is beautiful!
    Dear Sir, your thoughts sparked me too. Just tried how it would have been in black white. Please watch the video.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber priya32's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please ignore if this video was already shared...

http://www.youtube.com/user/paruvell...39/uwOuZ1hiE_k

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Raghavendra Sir,
    I could not believe what I am seeing! Can't express my feeling in words. I was just expressing my feeling how I watched these songs and you have played it exactly the same way in front of me just like a magic!. You have kindled my childhood memories through your excellent effort. One thing I can tell you sir, that I owe you a lot for giving me this wonderful moment.

Nadigar Thilagam looks terrific in this version too as in color version. Many such films including NT films like Sorgam, Rajapart Rangadurai all we watched in B&W TV (that too at neighbor's house) and believed those were B&W films, but just those wonderful memories are enough for life time.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much Sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sir,
    I am delighted to read your response. Many would feel if a black and white film had been produced in color film, but I feel vice versa. The beauty of a classic lies in its black and white version, irrespective of the celebrities. You can take many such songs. For example, one of the best songs from T.K. Ramamurthy is provided here. You will definitely feel that the song might have become more appealing if picturised in black and white - THOUGH OF COURSE, the cinematography stands great (Marcus Bartley, I think).

Song: Thannanthaniyaga
    Film: SANGAMAM
    Singers: T.M. Soundararajan, P.Susheela
    Starring: Gemini Ganesan, K.R. Vijaya

Post Thanks / Like
    A real class from T.M.Soundararajan and L.R. Easwari, evergreen and favourite... Eswari's humming simply superb and touching...

Song: Oru Paattukku Pala Raagam
    Film: Sangamam
    Music: T.K. Ramamurthy

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast