Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UNBEATABLE 70s - the rare gems

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

UNBEATABLE 70s - the rare gems

No doubt the 70s serve as the bridge between the past and the present generations in TFM. It brought in the best of Shankar-Ganesh, it brought out the advent of Ilaiyaraaja in late 70s, it continued to bring the intricacies of Mellisai Mannar, at the same time V. Kumar was reigning separately. Any song you mention of 70s, you would immediately dwelve yourself into nostalgia (of course, those in their late 50s).

We shall recollect them, and immerse ourselves deep into it.

As 70s belonged to the one and only SPB, we shall start with the VERY RARE GEM from School Master, Poongodiyae Poongodiyae, composed by MSV.

All the songs in School Master were class. Thannanthanimaiyilae sung by P. Sushila, Vaelai vandhu kooppittadhum odivandhen by K. Veeramani and Sasi Rekha, Odi Vaangada onna Vaangada by L.R. Anjali, all are gems.

School Master starred Gemini Ganesan and Sowcar Janaki in the lead.

Let's sail in the sea of seventies.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    The next song is from the film THOONDIL MEEN. Vaazhvil Sowbhagiyam vandadhu.
    Singers: S.P.Bala, P. Sushila
    Music: V. Kumar

விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Anbu mikka Maappillaikku
    Film: Engal Kula Deivam
    Singers: P. Jayachandran, S. Janaki
    Music: Mellisai Mannar M.S. Viswanathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Inspired by the unprecedented popularity of the songs of Aradhana had in Tamil Nadu, K.V.Mahadevan composed a song for the film ARUNODHAYAM. Sung by S.P.Bala and P.Sushila. A memorable rendition by the duo.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice songs Raghav sir. Yes 70s are sweetest. Sometime back hubber TFMlover has posted many of these songs in photobucket. Really nice to hear these lovely songs.
    There is another song in school master by pushpalatha "paatha sirusuthan paati" .
    BTW if u hv school master songs please upload "thannanthanimaiyile" also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, dear Madhu. Yes, TFMLover is always the treasure house for all of us and has been generous enough to share them with us. Our sincere thanks to TFMLover always. I don't have any clipping or video of School Master and all the clips are courtesy youtube or any other host.
    Thank you once agai

Post Thanks / Like
    Next one from one of the best films of Rajinikanth, "Bhuvana Oru Kelvikkuri". One of the early best hits of Ilaiyaraaja.

Vizhiyile Malarndadhu

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raghavendra Sir,
    Memorable thread and wonderful songs already. Thank you very much! So fascinating to hear these gems. I would even say MSV sir gave his best in 70's. Whatever little I know, I would like to share some classic gems mainly of MSV sir. I even don't know if they are rare, but these are songs I love and adore and keep very close to my heart.

KEttathellaam Naan Tharuven - Thikku Theriyaadha Kaattil (1972). SPB and P Susheela magic pair and lilting duet with mellifluous SPB's young voice and ever sweet P Susheela's voice and MSV sir's evergreen classic.
    Hear the charanams and improvizations, sliding and gliding by SPB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another gem I listen frequently. Wonderful Composition! This time it is little different. I don't know why he is not singing today. This is what I don't like about today's scenario. They forget these great singers.

Rathidevi Sannidhi - Oru Veedu Iru Ulagam (1978) - T L Maharajan, B S Sasirekha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Naana Paaduvathu Naana - Nool VEli (1979) - SPB, Vani Jayaram. Tremendous composition. Some fine guitar and tabla playing! These are the some of the first film songs I have been exposed to. Can't forget this film too. One of KB's and MSV's best.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast