Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scriptwriting for Annamalai Part 2, anyone??????

Senior Member Regular Hubber annamalaiar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

finale

To all Annamalai fans in Malaysia,

The Final Episode of Annamalai (episode 757) will be aired on Astro Vaanavil on Monday 28th February 2005.

**Sorry for earlier saying the final episode 756 was scheduled for Friday 25/2.
    Don't forget to visit my ARASE website:
    http://www.freewebs.com/selviserial

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back in Diwakar's family home, the two policemen scour the entire house with a fine tooth comb. But no such luck in locating the runaway prisoner. As Ins. Anbalagan quietly waits for his men to complete their search, Gauthami gets agitated and repeatedly asks what the problem was. But Anbalagan waits for the final word from his men, before he attempts to answer her.

"When was the last time you spoke to Diwakar", he asks.
    "Just after the sentencing. You were all there yourselves, weren't you? What's happening??? Haven't you all done enough to my poor boy? What's he done this time??? How much more crime can he commit now, that he's behind bars",???? she queries in agitation.

Anbalagan proceeds to tell her calmly, "Diwakar has escaped"!!
    Gauthami stands there shell-shocked for a moment, before responding, "Ah???? When????? That's why you are here!! You think I'm harbouring him, don't you????

Anabalagan warns her, "If you harbour a fugitive, which is what your son is now, you'd be equally in trouble with the law. If you see him or speak to him next, you must cooperate with us. Otherwise, .......", he trails off.

As Anbalagan is about to leave, Diwakar's father comes in and looks equally surprised!! "Aiyo Insp. sir!! Neengalah, what is it now, Sir???? Gauthami, namba payal enna ippe senjitah????" And looking at the ceiling, in a soliloquy, "Ada nan petha mavane, enna dah ippudi imseh, panureh"!!!!!

Eyeing them both with equal suspicion and contempt, Anbalagan gets into the police jeep with his men, leaving the worried couple watching as he left.....

Thoduram........

Post Thanks / Like
    Sattapan eyes the cursed diamond ring.
    "I happened to pick this up after that fool Ulaganathan dropped it when he was gored by the bull at Thiruvannamalai," explains Sattapan.
    "So, what about it? Its worth pales in comparison to the Alwakurucchi property," says Tamilarasi.
    "No, I was not intending to sell it, merely give it to you as a token of our ...er-hem... friendship," says Sattapan.
    "No thank you, I have no need for that ring ... what I want is the Pattalathar's mansion," says Tamil.

"Oh, don't worry, soon you will have it ... " says Sattapan.
    "Hmmm... who does that ring belong to anyway? Ulaganathan?" asks Tamil.
    "No, it is Annamalai's. I tried to return it once, but Ulaganathan took it instead," replies Sattapan.
    "Then why don't you return it now, as proof of your sincerity, and seal your friendship with Thavasi and Annamalai?"
    "Why not? The closer I get to Thavasi's family, the easier it will be for us to get the documents."
    The two partners in crime smile devilishly.

Meanwhile at the hospital, Ulaganathan smiles weakly at Shanthi.
    "So, you have come to visit me? I am sure we can both forget the past ... let bygones be bygones..."
    Shanthi glares at him coldly, "After you nearly killed me? I'm just here to deliver you this envelope from your mother ... She doesn't want to see you again ... and for that matter, neither do I."
    Throwing the envelope at Ulaganathan, she stamps out of the room, quickly followed by Gomathinayagam.
    Left behind them is a disillusioned Ulagu and Vaishu.
    Vaishu turns to Ulagu, but he snaps at her to get out. Annoyed, Vaishu also leaves the hospital room, but not before telling Ulagu, "You haven't seen the last of me!"

Ulagu is left alone in the hospital room. He stares at the envelope, wondering how everything could have gone so wrong ... how his mother, sister, daughter and both his wives could have abandoned him...
    But just then, the hospital room door opens.
    Ulagu, thinking it is Vaishu, turns to yell at her, but instead it is a familiar young woman, the one who goes by the name of Mathevi.
    Ulagu stares in shock, "YOU?!?!?"

THODARUM ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ulaganathan stares at Mathevi, who was known by a different name a decade ago.
    She is none other than Meenatchi Ratnagiri, Ulagu's cousin who was in love with him and ran away from home because he did not want to marry her.
    "Well, Ulagu, surprised to see me?" smirks Meenatchi.
    "But you ... you ran away from home - years ago." stammers Ulagu.
    "Yes, I ran away to Chennai where I was biding my time to make a comeback into the Ratnagiri fold," says Meenatchi. "Well, don't you have anything to say to me?"
    Ulagu continues to stare at her.
    "Don't worry, I'm here to help you ..." smiles Meenatchi.
    Annamalai wanders through the temple in Alwakurucchi. She sees Nallayappur, the high priest, busily directing cleanup works in anticipation of the Sanggu Thiruvuzha.
    She hears someone calling her name.
    It is Chittan.

"Annamalai, the snake in its den has awoken ... the Sanggu Thiruvizha is threatened with mayhem ... only you can save the Thiruvuzha, Annamalai ..."

Flames fill Annamalai's vision ... the image of a rearing snake can be seen through the flames ...

THODARUM ...

Post Thanks / Like
    At Meenatchi Lodge :

Tamilarasi looks out the window in silent rumination. Saatapan gives her an all knowing silent appraisal before clearing his throat, and says that he has some urgent matters to clear with the Manager and excuses himself to leave.

Meanwhile, Tamil thinks back to that fateful day when she doused Santhanam and herself with kerosene. Just as she struck the match-stick, she heard Moonampirai shouting out her name while thunderously banging on the door. Santhanam on hearing her voice, began to shout and scream for help! Panicking, Tamil picked up a nearby chair and smashed it on his head. Almost immediately he keeled over and slumped on the floor.

Not knowing what else to do, Tamil opened the door and allowed Moonampirai into the room. As she came lumbering in, she noticed Santhanam and smelled the strong odour of kerosene everywhere. "Aiyo amma, enna kaariyum panitingeh" and proceeds to bend down to check on Santhanum. Seizing the moment, a wicked thought occurs to Tamil.......

Thoduram.........

Post Thanks / Like
    In that split second of indecision as Moonampirai bent down to check on Santanam's heartbeat, Tamil seizes her chance to escape the closing reach of Yemmun, and as she did before raises the chair again to whack Moonampirai but as she was about to swing it down, a pair of strong hands clamps down in a vice grip on both her arms and pulls the chair out from her grasp!!

Tamil whirled around to see who the intruder was only to stop short at the sight of Welding Raja. Shushing her mouth with his hand, he pulls her out of the room. As she stood outside in the landing, Raja entered the room again and she heard muffled voices from within and then a heavy sound of someone falling with a thud!! Just as she was about to re-enter the room, she changes her mind!! Fearing for her life, Tamil ran down the stairs to escape the commotion upstairs. Running out onto the driveway outside, she sees Saatapan's white Ambassador parked outside and dashes into the backseat. There seated comfortably with a smirk on his face is Sattapan Chettiar who orders the driver to drive immediately......

Thoduram.......

Post Thanks / Like
    "Annamalai!"
    Annamalai turns to see her brother Thavasi approaching in the temple courtyard.
    "What are you doing alone here, staring into empty air?" asks Thavasi.
    "No, I was just talking to Chittan ..." Annamalai looks back, and discovers that Chittan is nowhere in sight.
    Thavasi stares strangely at her. "But Chittan isn't here!"
    "He was a short while ago ... " replies Annamalai.
    "Now, come on, we are here because Gandhimadhi Amma wanted to talk to us with Nallayappur present," says Thavasi.
    Annamalai nods and follows Thavasi along a pillared passageway. At the far end, the high Priest is busy checking an inventory of items needed for the Sanggu Thiruvizha.
    Gandhimadhi, accompanied by her sister-in-law Sivagami, strides into view.
    "Annamalai, Thavasi," calls Gandhimadhi.
    "I have come to a decision, that is why I called you both here, with Nallayappur," she says.
    "I do not want to preside at the Sanggu Thiruvizha this year ..."
    Annamalai, Thavasi and Nallayappur stare at her, shocked by her announcement.

THODARUM ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear future Scriptwriters,
    By Nirosha's suggestion, we have decided to use the Annamalai -Updates and Discussion thread to discuss and plan strategies for scriptwriting Season 2 of ANNAMALAI.
    We would like to encourage the participation of all future scriptwriters in that thread to prevent confusion and other ensuing difficulties.

Thank You for your cooperation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the back of the speeding Ambassador of Satappan's, was another interested on-looker!! Seeing the manner in which, Tamil ran helter-skelter out of the house, was none other than a mole sent out by Tamil Kumaran to spy on her. It was he who was pacing the driveway outside Tamil's bungalow while Santanam stood sheepishly outside her gate, waiting like a Ghurka for Tamil earlier!!

Seeing that both the gate and front door was left yawning open, Tamil Kumaran's goonda hastily makes an inspection of the quiet street before dashing inside. There he looks around and decides that the house is empty! Taking full advantage of the situation, the Goonda decides to ransack the house. Going room to room, he picks up a few items here and there until he hears some sound from the upper floor and freezes!!

Thoduram.......

Post Thanks / Like
    "I do not wish to preside at the Sanggu Thiruvizha this year."
    Gandhimadhi's words echo through the pillared halls of the Annamalaiyar Temple in Alwakurucchi.
    Annamalai, Thavasi and Nallayappur stare at her in shock.

"This temple property has brought no end of misfortune for our families and this village," says Gandhimadhi.
    "That is why I believe the Festival can only be presided at by one who is divinely acknowledged by Lord Annamalaiyar ... Annamalai, I hope you will agree to accept the ownership of the temple deeds ... and by doing so, rightfully preside at the Thiruvizha."

Annamalai replies, "But I have never wished to be the owner of ..."
    The sound of a drum interrupts her.
    All five of them turn around to see Chittan strolling down the corridor towards them, drum in hand.

"You have come to the right decision... Annamalai must preside at the Thiruvizha ... it is not my wish, but that of Lord Annamalaiyar Himself ..." says Chittan.
    "But be wary of a snake that hides in the shadows, its venom is far more poisonous ..."
    He continues to beat the drum and walks away.
    Everyone stares after him, disconcerted.
    Annamalai is reminded of her vision ...

THODARUM ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast