Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scriptwriting for Annamalai Part 2, anyone??????

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Scriptwriting for Annamalai Part 2, anyone??????

Dear Friends,

"Annamalai" the teleserial has just recently ended on a bald note!! But there's talk of a revival of the serial, in the near future. Meanwhile, why don't the rest of us be scriptwriters and continue from where the Director left off??????!!!!!

Let's have fun, Pa!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    At Annamalaiar Temple at Alwarkurichi, Annamalai sits in silent meditation. Surrounded by the ubiquitous sounds of the usual activity of the temple and the fluttering of the multitude of pigeons in the court-yard, Annamalai yet again hears the all too familliar blaring of the conch shell in her ears!!

Slowly, that familiar sound grew louder and louder that at last she was forced to open her eyes, to be greeted by two bare feet and the lower half, of a white saree and a staff planted on the ground, beside it..........

Thoduram.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Slowly, Annamalai's eyes scanned the edge of the white saree and her gaze moved upwards to peer into an old familiar face, she had not seen for years!

It was the Kovil Paati; the one whom she had last seen when she had been a newly married bride of the Ratnagiri family. But now, Annamalai looked questioning as she wondered what the old lady wants from her, this time.

Seeing the puzzled look on her face, the Kovil Paati looked serene with her trademark mysterious smile of the all-knowing and all-enlightened! The Kovil Paati asked, "How have you been Annamalai????? Has life taught you a thing or two away from the sheltered life you once led here in this very village????? You have lost much I know, for it was all part of your Fate; that was the grand plans of Annamalaiyar himself. And now you sit here once again, more in consternation than with any real understanding of all that's happened to date. Perhaps, you need to re-acquaint yourself again to your old surroundings, before I come back to see you again."

With those words echoing in the ambience of that ancient temple, Kovil Paati shuffles a few steps with the tapping of her staff and slowly walks towards a stout pillar and disappears behind it, leaving a bemused Annamalai looking after her.......

Thoduram......

Senior Member Regular Hubber annamalaiar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Season 2

I know not everyone agrees, but the idea of reviving the Annamalai serial with a second season is delightful to me. Or at least a few episodes to round off the storyline and tie up loose ends...

Dear Nirosha, are we supposed to continue where you left off in this storytelling, or start our own version of Season 2??
    Don't forget to visit my ARASE website:
    http://www.freewebs.com/selviserial

Post Thanks / Like
    Annamalaiyar-avargale - Just let lose your own imagination and the might have beens that we all have been chaffing about, and write your own version of how this story-line should meander, Pa!!

Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Script... Episode 1 Season II

Very well, I shall start my own script:
    EPISODE 1; SEASON II
    In a shadowy motel room at Meenatchi Lodge...
    Two people shake hands... They are none other than Sattapan Chettiar and ....
    Tamilarasi!
    Sattappan congratulates Tamil for her success on pulling off her own "death". "Luckily, my dear, you came to me when you discovered you were being poisoned... and I sent you off to Singapore for treatment," says Sattappan.
    Tamil smiles, "And now Santhanam is out of our way... How dare he try to poison me when he was supposed to poison that Oolamuki!"
    "Annaa paavam antha Moondrampirai" mourns Sattapan.
    "She was not to be trusted anyway," replies Tamil.
    "Now that Thavasi's family have foolishly accepted me into their fold, we can get on with our former plans... The temple property will be mine, and you will have the Alwakurucchi mansion" says Sattapan.
    The two exchange smiles ...
    Meanwhile, flames fill Annamalai's dreams, and she glimpses the all-too-familiar figure of Chittan...
    THODARUM ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Chittan does the Siva Thandavum in the temple foreground and dances in a circle. In it, Annamalai sees the pained faces of her dear murdered brother Nallasivam as well as her father. As they part slightly, she sees the solemn faces of 3 ladies - Visalam, Jeeva and Tanggam! Only Tanggam has a smile on her face as Annamlai focuses on them but not Jeeva and Visalam!

Meanwhile, Annamalai gets up from her sleep at Alwarkurichi where she had gone to and ponders on the meaning of what she saw!! She gets up to go near her window, and remembers events on her wedding day. The stalled Sanggu Thiruvilla, the murder of Bhanda Murugan but most of all, her dear father's face as she had turned fearfully to him and said, " Appa, I don't think I want to get married, Pa! I fear I would not return home if I do, Pa"!! To which, her dear father had allayed her fears with a tear-filled laugh and pretended not to be alarmed by her words. But now they come back with a haunting vengeance as she slept in her old familiar bed and surroundings.....

Thoduram.......

Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2

In a Chennai office, a young woman with a vaguely familiar face stands next to a desk with the name plaque "R. Mathevi". She contemplates the busy metropolitan bustle outside her office windows.
    "It has taken me more than a decade to get here," she muses.
    "I have waited 12 years for what should have rightfully be mine... and soon I will have it... I will get rid of all those who have stood in my way..."
    She glances at a photograph of her younger self next to a handsome young man.... who is none other than Ulaganathan!
    "Soon... what is a while longer when I have waited a dozen years for this moment?"

Meanwhile, in the District Police Headquarters, the Commissioner of Police congratulates Inspector Anbalagan on successfully solving Jeeva's murder. He promotes Anbalagan to the rank of Chief Inspector.
    "So, where is Diwakar now?" asks the Commissioner.
    "On his way to prison to serve his life sentence, as we speak," replies Anbalagan.
    Suddenly the phone on Anbalagan's desk rings.
    The police constable on the other end says,
    "The police jeep carrying Diwakar was in an accident... it was forced off the road by a car... in the confusion Diwakar got away from the policemen and took off in the car... it must have been a well-planned operation. Sir?"
    Anbalagan stares in shock...
    THODARUM...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile at Santtanam’s home front – wife Soundarya aka Oolamuki stands by the bedroom window as tears flows down her cheeks – thinking of her dear husband and the fate of her little children. She was contemplating suicide as the only way out for her little family but her son was growing up to be the splitting image of Santhanam.

She comes back to reality when she suddenly felt hands from behind cup her face and gradually covering her eyes – she knows that those were the hands of a strong man like that of her “late” husband's. She says, “Who is this? How dare you come into my bedroom. She tries to set herself free “Only my mama has the right!!…let go off me” She manages to set herself free…turning around she saw her dear hubby, Santhanam standing majestically whilst grinning right into her face!!!

“Oh! Mammamaa …uuuu are alivvvvvve?"....too shocked to say anything further she slumps down fainting …whispering his name tenderly. Santhanam quickly supports the pregnant Soundarya, carries her gently and rests her on an easy chair!

He looks at his wife and cries when he notices there were neither ‘pottu’ nor flowers adorned on his sweet Oolamuki - confirming a picture of a miserable widow....

THODARUM....

SONU GOPI

Post Thanks / Like
    Annamalai and Thavasi are in the grand pillared entrance hall of Annamalaiyar Veedu in Alwakurucchi. They are surveying the glorious and hallowed halls of their ancestral home when they hear someone at the door. It is Nallayappur, the high priest of the Annamalaiyar Temple.

Nallayappur informs them that the long-delayed Sanggu Thiruvizha must be held before the end of the month. He asks whether Thavasi will preside at the ceremonies, an honour formerly held by his late father, the Pattalathar.
    Thavasi tells him that the temple documents are now in the hands of Gandhimadhi Amma, therefore by right she must preside at the Thiruvizha.

Annamalai agrees with her brother. She asks Nallayappur to inform Gandhimadhi Amma when she returns from Pondicherry.
    Meanwhile, in Pondicherry, Gandhimadhi Amma visits her sister-in-law, who welcomes her happily.
    Gandhimadhi narrates the events leading up to Annamalai's return from Thiruvannamalai.
    She notices her sister-in-law is looking mournful and depressed.
    Her sister-in-law says, "I am happy for you since you have so many caring relatives, even though your son has betrayed you, Annamalai's family is affectionate towrds you. I have been so lonely here since my daughter ran away and my husband passed away three years ago."
    "Then why don't you come and live with me? I am moving back into my Alwakurucchi house. You can live with me and Valli and her baby," suggests Gandhimadhi.
    Her sister-in-law is touched by the offer, and happily accepts it.
    In a hospital room, Ulaganathan lies on a bed, swathed with bandages, his eyes closed. Gomathinayagam is standing next to the bed, looking anxiously at the unconscious Ulagu.
    Slowly, Ulagu's eyes open ...

THODARUM ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast