Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Moments from Cricket

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Moments from Cricket

Watched the program "Once More" in Neo Cricket. So, thought of opening a thread to share the favorite moments (Not necessarily by the players we love). To start with, my top-5 moments - not in any particular order:
    Viv Richards last ball six in 1979 WC final
    Shane Warne to Gatting - 1993 Ashes first ball by Warnie
    Venkatesh Prasad dismissing Sohail in 1996 WC QF
    Ganguly Shirt Waving after winning Natwest Final in 2002
    Sachin six Vs Caddick in 2003 WC
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Benny Lava's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin dancing down the track to hit Kasporwicz for a six over his head in Sharjah...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Lava
    Sachin dancing down the track to hit Kasporwicz for a six over his head in Sharjah...

adheeeeethan!

OM NAMASIVAYA

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^

Here's the video

[html:7921937b5d]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AxyxI6E_ESM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AxyxI6E_ESM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/html:7921937b5d]

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching SA chase 434 was surreal
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

backed by Tony Greig's aptly ecstatic commentary

coming to the thread, both those sachin specials in sharjah...i think it was around midnight when the match ended...remember we few guys going out as a procession, bursting crackers, etc, after the match....we were blasting the umpire for giving him out wrongly (we felt so) using some choice expletives ...marakkamudiyaadha rendu nights! thank u Sachin

the unexpected test win against the aussie world beaters in that unforgettable test series! dada's astute captaincy (rubbing the sledging master steve the wrong way!), red hot harbhajan, vvs-rahul partnership

my first 'live' match experience when international cricekt came to Kochi...boy, it was damn hot just sitting and watching the match...was wondering throughout how these guys can play in such conditions...a jaddu century (he was one of my favorites those times!) made my day...i think kanitkar made a gud 50 too and we made 300...though sachin didn't do well with the bat, he sizzled with a five-for with the ball! whatta day!!!

VVS 167 in Sydney test...nondhu vendhu pona oru test series endla (think it was 99-00), adhu varaikkum VVS-a ellaam thittittirundhen "ivan ellaam domestic cricketla double, triple ellaam podraan, ivlo chance kedachum 50 kooda adikkamaattaane"nu ellaam...and then comes this out of the world innings...i think he got a standing ovation from the crowd too...remember watching this in an old Dyanora TV in one of my friends' house !

Sachin's century against Kenya in that world cup match...2 days or so after his father's death, coming back and playing an innings like that...when he removed that helmet and looked upwards on getting the century, i was crying..don't remember shedding tears for someone who is a complete stranger to me...even now, when i write about it, to use a cliche 'lump in the throat' kinda feeling !

Dravid-Bangar partnership and eventual win against England in Headingley (think 2004)...so much was made up of India can't do well on such pitches, cloud cover, etc...dada winning the toss, surprisingly electing to bat...first wicket fell early and then bangar and dravid masterclass...adhukkappram sachin n sourav blasting hundreds...remember some huge sixes from S n S in fading light...they didn't go off, and the English commentary team were screaming !

of course, THAT yuvi-kaif partnership n dada's shirt wave @Lord's on plintoppu !

Dravid raising the bat and kissing the India cap after hitting the winning run in the Adelaide test of 03-04 season....rare emotions from The Wall! what a moment! how many early morning wakeup sessions for that elusive test win in Australia..finally, this was it ! if not for that stev bucketnor we wud've had a series win !

miandad-more spat and the eventual victory in an ind-pak match of late 80s/early 90s, venki prasad-sohail spat and the eventual win in the bangalore match, the shoaib destruction by sachin in the WC 2003, Azharuddin destroying the famed SA attack in their own den in partnership with Sachin though in a losing cause, anil kumble's 10 out of 10 (were rotfling for that whole srinath over where waqar tried his best to get out ), krish srikkanth's funky lip smacking 30-40s in the 80s in total contrast to the dour stuff that sunny paaji and ravi shastri churned out at the other end, navjot siddhu in that 87 world cup ...neraya irukku!

the south africa-australia tie in that famous 1999 match...what on earth was allan donald doing?! that whole series lance kuliscene batting unbelievable ! shane warne theatrics always enjoyed watching....! Brian Lara's magic...some Inzy innings' esply the one which he arrived in that world cup against new zealand

chasing 120 in bridgetown, India collapsing to 80 odd all out ...chennai test, chasing 270 odd, collapsing after that sachin-mongia partnership...recent sachin innings of 175 against aus, our world cup 2007 disaster, bob woolmer...idhellaam vedhana kudukkura memories !

these r the ones that come instantly to my memory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lot of moments to share. For a start,

Yuvraj's catch of Jonty Rhodes in Champions Trophy 2002 SF. That catch changed the course of the match.

Famous Kanitkar boundary.

Misbah's scoop and Sreesanth's catch.

Post Thanks / Like

பாலைப்புயல்
    shameless plug 'mbAingaLE
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back PR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Lot of moments to share. For a start,

After I started watching cricket my first such one was

Sachin's last over in 93 Hero Cup Semi against South Africa
    :aantha kaneer:

Antha match paatha road side kadai kooda enakku nyabagam irruku.

I was a lad then, did not aware of technical things in cricket. Runs,wickets were the only things I knew about cricket during that time. When Sachin was given the last over all annas who were watching the match along with me started criticizing Azhar for the decision.

But Sachin saved India as well as Azharudin.

Here is the video

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast