Thread: The White light Calling - Final

Threaded View

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The White light Calling - Final

Chemba stood there for a second, not knowing what to do. Where the hell did he go? And then it hit her.

“Oh lord..Oh lord.. Paval. We need to hurry”

“What? We just got here. We haven’t even checked out the place. What's the hurry, those guys are way off. Don't you see that fading light?”

“No..No.. it's not about them. And we have no time. We need to get to him right now"

"Yeah I know. And that is precisely what I am trying to do, finding out that bloody trap door. We need to get him out before it is too late.”

“Oh but you don't understand. He is already out.”

“He is what?”

".." Chemba merely shuffled legs as her eyes darted here and there anxiously.

"Hey, are you alright?"

“Listen Paval. I saw him. He...He must have escaped. I saw him hide behind this tree. But he is not here. He..He must be trying to climb down.” she looked down from the cliff. She trembled as she spoke the last words.

A hazy image of mahendran climbing down with his sword came to her mind.

“Paval. Please believe me. We need to rush. I don’t want to miss him again. There is a big danger down there. A dangerous water hole.”

Though Paval was clearly upset about the erratic behavior of the otherwise calm woman, something urged her to follow Chemba. So she didn't wast much time into thoughts but rather jumped into action. They needed to find him anyway.

Without another word, the women climbed down as fast as they could. When she was close to see the deep pit chemba looked down.

There he was. He was climbing very slowly, using only one hand. And he was climbing down straight towards the pit. Would he know what it was? Not waiting for paval anymore, Chemba jumped down.

Her mind was oblivious of the cautious shouts from Paval above. The cold wind of the night or the strong current of the water or the danger that was waiting down for her, nothing stopped her. Her eyes fixed at the dark form that was moving down, she climbed down and called out
    “Madhan”

He looked up.

He was stupefied for a moment. Was it an illusion? Was he hallucinating? Or is it really her? How could she come here and why did she come?

His deep thoughts disturbed his careful moves. He slipped.

“Madhan……..”chemba cried from above and jumped down near him.

He went straight to the pit and would have fallen right into it if she had not gripped his hand from above.

“Chemba is that you?”

“Yes.. It’s me. Can you use your other hand to grip this thing” she threw the torch aside and put out her other hand for him.

He used his injured hand to grip it. The pain killed him. “ah..”

His sudden movement made ripples in the pit and suddenly the pull got stronger.

“Chemba. I think this is a ..”

“Whirlpool. I know” They didn’t speak much . Madhan tried his best to pull himself out.

After a few futile efforts“It’s no use. Please save your self” he said dully

“Oh..SHUT UP... SHUT UP....SHUT..UP. Don’t you dare leave me alone again” she cried. The strong almost pushy statement from her stunned him as well as Paval who was standing a few feet up still struggling to get down to them.

“Chemba it’s getting stronger.” he said

“Chemba?”

Paval had come in by then.

“Oh thank god. Paval please help me pull him. It’s a whirlpool”
    The combined effort of two women was no match for the strong current.

“Oh god.. I am losing him.”Paval cried.

“No..no…we will not” Chemba looked around like a mad woman and finally her eyes fell on something. A
    huge rectangular looking block of rock that was half submerged in the water right beside madhan.

“Paval hold him for a second.” Chemba ordered Paval and jumped near the block of rock and started to shake it out.

“Chemba..What are you doing? That is ...Please.. I am losing here..”

“Hold on for a second” the rock seemed to move a little, surprisingly lighter for its size.

“Chemba please.. “Paval tugged as hard as possible even as the underside of her arm started to bleed by the bruise of rubbing on the crooked rock. Fatigue and hopelessness started to envelope her slowly and that in a second paved way for fear.

'No..No..No I cannot feel fear now. Not now..' She told herself and tugged hard. Madhan was trying really hard from not falling into it. It wasn’t that big a hole but yet he couldn't find a foot hold to balance himself . The current was too strong. It almost felt like hundred invisible hands pulling him towards the abyss of darkness. The only force that kept him going was the fierce looking eyes looking at hin from above, that glinted a shade of silver moonlight.
    He smiled for a moment looking at that face that was the most beautiful face for him. His heart brimmed with love that warmed his body and the heat dissipated as fresh tears. Suddenly he felt light. He didn't bother dying looking at his love. But still he couldn't give up the chance to fight to be with her.

"Chemba hurry up"Paval’s voice had become husky.

“Wait..” Chemba was using all the power she had. Her right foot toe nails got pulled off and she felt the terrible pain shoot up. She had bruised herself in several places and yet she just didn't care. She used all her energy to move that rock and she did move it from its position. With same zeal and force she shoved it with all her might into the pit.

“Now Paval..Pull paval. Pull now..Pull right now.”

Paval pulled and he came out easily.

“huh..oh god.. at last.”madhan crawled out and fell on his back while Paval eased down on the rock. She was exhausted too but an unmistakable smile of victory was stuck on her face.

They all felt heaven for a second. But no..not for long.

It was not over yet. Chemba who had jumped near the rock was now trying to come out of there. She was too happy or she was too careless, she didn’t think much about the slicky surface of the edge. She slipped and slid a few steps and at last went for a head down free fall into the deep abyss below.

“CHEMBAA…” madhan who was watching her, acted immediately and stretched out his one healthy hand.

Destiny is stronger than the gravity which was also acting against them at this moment.

So, they fell down.

They fell down as paval watched them with a gaping mouth, she watched helplessly at the split second dramatic disaster that unfolded in front of her.

It was all over in a mere second.

Chemba with her hand still clutched in madhan’s hand fell down into the deep blackness below along with him without the slightest knowledge that the huge rock that she pushed in earlier was nothing but the treasure that’s worth millions which she now pushed into the deepest of pits…never ever to be found.

epilogue below...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement