Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: || PUNJABI MAA BOLI NU PRANAAM || Songs thread

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil,
    Listened to first two songs. Brilliant. The one by Hans raj Hans was truly moving. His voice is very seductive. Thanks for opening my punjabi account. When hearing these songs, it reminds me of my trip from Gujarat to Haryana (I assume they too speak punjabi). From Gujarat to Dehli by train and from Delhi to Kurukshetra by bus, through the historical Panipet hearing those punjabi songs in the bus. I got down at panipet just to have a glimpse of the town. Can't forget that trip. Kurukshetra is again one memorable place. Eventhough I only stayed for one night (for one REC interview), those people, streets and daabas. Lovely! Let me hear the other songs today.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother visited India this year in Feb and went to Kurukshetra, as he said his dream was to visit Mathura, Vrindavan and Kurukshetra. I'm happy for him, he mentioned Kurukshetra was the highlight of his trip. Too bad I couldn't go due to my final year at uni. But next time I visit India, some of my places of priority to visit are Kerala, KanyaKumari and Thirupathi hills.

Thanks, it feels nice that my song selection reminded you of your trips and yes you're correct Haryana state does speak punjabi. Haryana, Himachal Pardesh and bits of J&K were part of a bigger punjab then what it is now. However more of the punjab region lies in Pakistan, therefore there's a lot of Classic singers from there e.g. Noor Jehan and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

I hope I live up to your expectations

Post Thanks / Like
    @V_S, can you recall any songs during your vacation? It would be nice if you could share them.

Post Thanks / Like

One of Noor Jehans most famous songs

Post Thanks / Like

A bhajan by Nusrat Ji who broke the barriers of religion with this serene composition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    @V_S, can you recall any songs during your vacation? It would be nice if you could share them.
    Sorry Sunil. It was way back in 1997 and also a new language for me, so could not recollect, but I was enjoying the songs with my friend who accompanied me. Yeah I know the western Punjab. I am little slow, but will surely listen to Noor Jehan and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan saab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    My brother visited India this year in Feb and went to Kurukshetra, as he said his dream was to visit Mathura, Vrindavan and Kurukshetra. I'm happy for him, he mentioned Kurukshetra was the highlight of his trip. Too bad I couldn't go due to my final year at uni. But next time I visit India, some of my places of priority to visit are Kerala, KanyaKumari and Thirupathi hills.

Thanks, it feels nice that my song selection reminded you of your trips and yes you're correct Haryana state does speak punjabi. Haryana, Himachal Pardesh and bits of J&K were part of a bigger punjab then what it is now. However more of the punjab region lies in Pakistan, therefore there's a lot of Classic singers from there e.g. Noor Jehan and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

I hope I live up to your expectations
    Good to know about your brother and his trip to Kurukshetra. Mathura is also a nice place, I have been there. All the best for your exams and after that welcome to our land. You will definitely enjoy! I appreciate taking your time here and posting some excellent stuff while you are busy at your exams.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can listen to them in your own time... Appreciate your support, I need it as I don't have a long concentration span hehe so I feel the need to balance my time. I should be devoting more time to revision but April has been the most delighting month in terms of music and these musical distractions occurring don't make me bored and insane from studying

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Thread Sunil..nice to know someone who knows about Punjabi music...Most of my friends are Punjabi so I get to listen to a lot of Bhangra and some pretty addictive remixes...the beats are just so infectious!! But as for more folkish/traditional songs...guess I'll have to find out from this thread...hope to hear more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    Great Thread Sunil..nice to know someone who knows about Punjabi music...Most of my friends are Punjabi so I get to listen to a lot of Bhangra and some pretty addictive remixes...the beats are just so infectious!! But as for more folkish/traditional songs...guess I'll have to find out from this thread...hope to hear more!
    I'm not surprised Que, there are a lot of punjabis based in Canada, especially Surrey.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast