Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Nadu - Places to Visit

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Has any one been to Nilgiri mountains?

Has any one been to Sadguru Jaggi vasudev's Isha Foundation Ashram in Coimbotore?
    paramu, its some one hour travel from coimbatore... a pretty nice and peaceful place i can say, even for people who does not go there searching any supernatural power.
    and for u, dhyanalingam is there which you may wish to worship.
    http://www.dhyanalinga.org/gallery/c...re/gallery.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhyanalinga

indha dhyanalingattha anga establish pannadhukku edho kadhai kooda irukku, which i don recall much. u maybe interested in that.
    oru moonu naal odhukkunga, kaalaila dhyaana lingam paatthuttu, apdiye evening ooty malai erunga...
    aduttha naal fullaa anga spend pannunga... moonaavadhu naal kaalaila keela erangi apdiyae pollaachi vazhiyaa vaazhppaarai/top slip visit pannunga.
    sema localities.
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    paramu, its some one hour travel from coimbatore... a pretty nice and peaceful place i can say, even for people who does not go there searching any supernatural power.
    and for u, dhyanalingam is there which you may wish to worship.
    http://www.dhyanalinga.org/gallery/c...re/gallery.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhyanalinga

indha dhyanalingattha anga establish pannadhukku edho kadhai kooda irukku, which i don recall much. u maybe interested in that.
    oru moonu naal odhukkunga, kaalaila dhyaana lingam paatthuttu, apdiye evening ooty malai erunga...
    aduttha naal fullaa anga spend pannunga... moonaavadhu naal kaalaila keela erangi apdiyae pollaachi vazhiyaa vaazhppaarai/top slip visit pannunga.
    sema localities.
    wow many thanks SS, Because of the Dhynalinga I wanted to visit Isha Ashram, my parents have been there and meditated infront of Dhyanalinga and they said they never wanted to leave the ashram! I have met Sadguru in London By the way, he came to the 'Bhavan centre' in South Kensignton (Destrict line ) couple of years back, when I spoke to him, I could feel the strong positive energy generated from him!
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 19th April 2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From OOTY,
    THERE ARE NICE TOUR PACKAGES TO B'LORE.
    B'LORE-MYSORE-OOTY-KODAIKANAL

in & around ooty - botanical gardens, doddabetta etc..
    kodaikanal visit to falls
    mysore sight seeing of chamundi hills, art galleries etc..
    B'lore's Lalbaug, Vishwareshwaraiah museum etc..

Near Mysore
    You can visit KABINI resort.
    well connected from B'lore.
    during Monsoon time, it is gorgeous.
    enjoy,

கோவையில் ஸ்ரீ.காமாக்ஷி அம்பாள் கோவில்
    R .S .புரம்.
    near கோவை is மருதமலை....முருகன்.
    vinatha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baroque; 18th April 2011 at 11:51 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paramasivan,
    You should take malaria tablets and a shot for hepatitis, just to be safe. I always take malaria tablets beginning two weeks before I leave. I have had all the required hepatitis shots.
    If temples are your primary interest then three weeks won't be enough. Tanjore District (old) alone has enough temples for three weeks!

Also visit Dhanushkodi (ruins) to see your homeland from a distance.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    காஞ்சிபுரம் ... historical place of பல்லவா , home of பட்டு நெசவு and காஞ்சி mutt.

yeah ...தனுஷ்கோடி அக்னிதீர்த்தம்.

Madras museum
    rich treasure of ancient Indian artifacts.

while you immerse yourself in grand architectures , cultural places and beautiful hill stations with exotic wild life of தமிழ்நாடு.

Parameshwaran,
    Don 't forget to feast your eyes while you are at சென்னை city streets .
    congrats சென்னை corporation of தமிழ்நாடு on beautiful wall murals
    those unknown artists with amazing talent , WOW !

so many places... so little time.
    நெறைய காசு, பணம், நல்ல மனசு,enthusiasm எடுத்துகிட்டு போயி தமிழ்நாட்டைப்பாருங்க ..
    தமிழ்நாடு will enrich your experience
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baroque; 19th April 2011 at 05:46 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Params,

If you're trying to visit Athirampalli / VazhachchAl in Kerala that are close to Valparai, just a small word of caution.

(Actually, this should be applicable for ANY part of Kerala, IMO.)

Please stick to ONLY the popular tourist spots, especially taking pics / videos etc.

You may find tempted to take a pic in common places, say in a bus station or just in front of a municipal office etc - please avoid such.

Another thing, when in Kerala, always have your documents on hand (current passport / valid visa etc).

It's a very different place than TN. From my experience, the authorities are not that friendly with SL Thamizh people (even if they're PRs in EU)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajraj View Post
    Paramasivan,
    You should take malaria tablets and a shot for hepatitis, just to be safe. I always take malaria tablets beginning two weeks before I leave. I have had all the required hepatitis shots.
    Thanks Uncle, This is what I was asking about vaccination, but it was blown out of proportions , I will follow your advice, thanks
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    காஞ்சிபுரம் ... historical place of
    Thanks Vinatha

So the song Kanchi patuduthi kastoori pottu vaiche was inspired from kanjipurum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Params,

If you're trying to visit Athirampalli / VazhachchAl in Kerala that are close to Valparai, just a small word of caution.

(Actually, this should be applicable for ANY part of Kerala, IMO.)

Please stick to ONLY the popular tourist spots, especially taking pics / videos etc.

You may find tempted to take a pic in common places, say in a bus station or just in front of a municipal office etc - please avoid such.

Another thing, when in Kerala, always have your documents on hand (current passport / valid visa etc).

It's a very different place than TN. From my experience, the authorities are not that friendly with SL Thamizh people (even if they're PRs in EU)
    Thanks App anna, it looks like I need 2 months holiday to visit all these places

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

ரெண்டு மாசத்துக்கு ,தமிழ்நாட்டுக் கோயில்களில் சிலவற்றை பிளான் பண்ணி cover பண்ணலாம்.

remember, it is your vacation too. You are spending your saved holidays and money.
    relaxed ஆ enjoy .

not to mention, you may not go to that town or city another time in your life, no point rushing & running around. இடத்தில் தங்கி, ரெண்டு வேலை பூஜை பார்த்து, நடை சாத்தும் நேரத்தில், architecture , டவுன் / temple history , புராணம் etc .. ரசிச்சு தெரிஞ்சுண்டு பாக்கலாம். அமைதியா உக்காந்துக்கலாம் காத்தாட.

ஸ்ரீ.ஒப்பிலியப்பன் திருக்கோவில் - கும்பக்கோணம் பக்கத்துல, காரைக்கால் நெடுஞ்சாலையில் உள்ளது.
    பூமி தேவி தாயார், மார்க்கண்டேய மாமுனிவர் திருக்கோலம், திருப்பதி வெங்கடாச்சலபதிக்கு அண்ணா - உப்பு இல்லாமல் நைவேத்தியம் .

தாராசுரம் இந்திரனின் வெள்ளை யானை இறைவனை பூஜித்த ஸ்தலம்.

திருமணஞ்சேரி

அனந்தமங்கலம் ஆஞ்சநேயர் .... மயிலாடுதுறை பக்கத்துல இருக்கு.

ஸ்ரீ.வாஞ்சியம் ... எமனுக்கு தனி
    சந்நிதி உண்டு இங்கே......கும்பக்கோணம்- நானிலம் பாதையில் இருக்கு.

அய்யாவாடி - பிரத்தியாங்கிரா தேவி - பஞ்ச பாண்டவர்கள் pray பண்ணின ஸ்தலம்.

தமிழ்நாட்டின் ராமேஸ்வரம் - ராமநாதர் பார்த்துட்டு , நீங்க ஆந்திரா side போக ஆசைப்பட மாட்டீர்களா?
    ஸ்ரீசைலம் - கர்னூல் மாவட்டம்- ஆந்திரா.
    திருவிடைமருதூர் - எங்க தஞ்சாவூர் மாவட்டம் ஸ்ரீ.மகாலிங்கேஸ்வரர் கோவில் மாதிரி.

சரி ... குந்தவை வளர்த்த தஞ்சாவூர் fellows கைவண்ணம் மட்டும் பார்த்தா போறுமா?
    பாண்டிய நாட்டை பார்க்கவேண்டாமா?

சென்னை- ராமேஸ்வரம் train பாதையில் போகலாம்.
    காளையார் கோவில்.
    சுந்தரேஸ்வரர்- மீனாக்ஷி, காளீஸ்வரர்-சொர்ணவல்லி,சோமேஸ்வரர்-சௌந்தரநாயகி.
    three couples தரிசனம் - 3 சன்னிதிகள் in one place.

திருநெல்வேலி , பாண்டிய நாடு 'நெல்லையப்பர் & காந்திமதி couple தரிசனம் பண்ணனும் வேற.

Don't worry about heat, water etc.. enjoy .

கொஞ்சம் வெயிலில் அலைந்தால் நல்லதும் கூட...sweat it out , it is good for you . body 's natural cooling system , sweat glands release salt - toxic flush , your skin will be clean .

no worries about dehydration ...

காவேரி தண்ணியையும், தாமிரபரணி தண்ணியையும் அள்ளி அள்ளி குடிச்சு விட்டு வாருங்கள், you develop stronger immune system .

Great , enjoy your trip to தமிழ்நாடு.

வினதா.
    Last edited by baroque; 20th April 2011 at 09:07 AM.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast