Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: ROCK Classics that you should not miss

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think so, pArtha ngabagam illa...need to check it out, remba nAlAchu pArthu...
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    konjam paathu seyyunga. idha maadhiri vEra zepp songs creation pathi discussions irundha, gappunu rip panni upload pannavum!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Parts I to IX

14:03 onward - Why Floyd are the best. Unbridled awesomeness, tension release-ke tension.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are they one of the reasons for the explosion of prog-rock in 70s. One or two I can listen, but mostly a bore. Another credit for prog-rock influence = Bohemsian Rhapsody.

Watched Due Date yesterday, "Hey You" as soundtrack when Zack glisopisnosisisi whatever was smoking weed. Enna oru reputation
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've gone bonkers on this one for the past two weeks. Heady concoction of acoustic guitar, drums, sax, violin and bass. The guitar riffs here are of the deadliest variety.
    So much to say - Dave Matthews Band.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    ungal takku paaratuku uriyadhu.

So much music. So much to talk about. aana indha paazha pOna aapiss vElai. karumam. ippOdhaikku, just the links.
    Pick of the week: Mogul Thrash - jazz/prog rock band from 71. Made just one album (eponymous; will rank as one of the best ever music albums cut till date). This, in my books, is the pinnacle of fusion of jazz and rock (little wonder that one/some of 'em went on to join Crimson). Wetton - endE deiva machchAn .

(Raaja and Mogul styles paththi neraya pesalaam, sila pala similarities; nEram varattum).

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The experimentations of the early Ennio Morricone sowed seeds of psychedlic/progressive movement. I'm thinking early 60's, the stuff that immediately follows the classical WCM over the nude skating in Malamondo, which also has Dukes with the leather jacket bikers, how trippy awesome & heavily thematic!

while on Nederbeat, 'Friday on My Mind' by Dukes takes you through bad weeks. Beauty lies in its simplicity.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KV Even when you talked about Mogul Thrash and Dave Mathews briefly earlier, now I know what you mean. Kickass stuff! Thank you!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    The experimentations of the early Ennio Morricone sowed seeds of psychedlic/progressive movement. I'm thinking early 60's, the stuff that immediately follows the classical WCM over the nude skating in Malamondo, which also has Dukes with the leather jacket bikers, how trippy awesome & heavily thematic!

while on Nederbeat, 'Friday on My Mind' by Dukes takes you through bad weeks. Beauty lies in its simplicity.
    Malamondo is making sense through nonsense, the suggestion of thematic relevance from nude skating to leather biking isn't heavy. However, it takes special skill to write the narration here. And to scout for the weird, imagine the scope of later mondo series. The Anti-American ones which you've always denied to carry any sense of truth or importance, and rejected as a commie patch-job.

Ennio does a varied sense of echoes, jungle beats, scratches and choral psychedelia, all trippy atmospherics no doubt. But still the man is creating his own genre, I don't think there are 'rock' elements to this particular work. Now, one might say he might have influenced the generation to come.

...an artist without an art.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast