Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCK Classics that you should not miss

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't dig Nirvana, Dilbs.

V_S, you should try some of the less popular ones like this (the pay off at 1.24):

The lyric , he must be such a badass that Allah has to pray for him. Was banned in Malaysia, I think.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongly recommended to be really high .. when gods whisper.. in your ears with their guitar(s)
    Last edited by Dilbert; 12th June 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah baby, now you are talking Dilbs.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks grouch. Alla has to pray for you no wonder it was banned.

One of my favorite from 80s. Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. That time when we heard, we never heard such a guitar sound. Very new, still new to me today. Crazy stuff!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently the guitarist for Ozzy that time was below 20!!! (19 I think, can't recall). pinnirupAr.

Oh, I am a hardcore fan of U2, I know Bono is obnoxious (moral high ground and all), but I like their music, been listening after got introduced to The Joshua Tree in 87, and collecting their stuff like crazy, including the B-sides. Soft spot for The Edge (guitarist)

Dire Straits, selected, Clapton - some selected. Aerosmith, rejected. But thanks man, especially the Ozzy number...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my favorite version of U2's One

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Bala,
    As I mentioned in PM, I was loving Def Leppard in 80s as much I loved Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, Steely Dan, Van Halen, Mega Death, Guns 'n' Roses, Bon Jovi, Deep Purple and so on. At-least their first four albums; On Through the Night, High 'N' Dry, Pyromania and Hysteria were thoroughly enjoyable and there were enough rock elements to be classified under Hard Rock/Heavy Metal. Hysteria being my most favorite album, every one of them right from the title song, Animal to Armagadden It, I really loved it.
    I could never perceive Def Leppard as a hard rock band (even the earlier ones). Too light, too straight for my liking. Not able to articulate it any better

Bala,
    You were saying that Def Leppard songs (I think in general) are too light for you to be considered as Rock. But you were also saying, it does not mean, I could not compare with hard rock or metal. I don't get this. Please explain. If it is light for even Rock, how it can be considered for Hard Rock/Metal. Hard Rock is more heavier right?
    That was a terribly phrased sentence from me
    I just meant to say they were light but not akin to the rock acts that are not hard/metal. That is, just by calling them "light", i don't put them in the category of (what i perceive) as "genuine" rock acts which cannot be called hard/metal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Apparently the guitarist for Ozzy that time was below 20!!! (19 I think, can't recall). pinnirupAr.

Oh, I am a hardcore fan of U2, I know Bono is obnoxious (moral high ground and all), but I like their music, been listening after got introduced to The Joshua Tree in 87, and collecting their stuff like crazy, including the B-sides. Soft spot for The Edge (guitarist)

Dire Straits, selected, Clapton - some selected. Aerosmith, rejected. But thanks man, especially the Ozzy number...
    Ozzy - no great moments, kind of templated.
    IMO U2 are the most overrated and over celebrated band in the world, next only to The Beatles (same league as Rolling Stones). Aerosmith, Ozzy, 'laam oru range. I don't mind Maiden and Purple but not a big fan either.

Clapton - some selected-a? Blasphemy Clapton is right up there with Floyd, Zeppelin, Dire Straits....

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the U2 after 1997 was crap, but enna pannurathu hc fan ayi tolaichittEn. Kinda like Beatles after Yellow Submarine. They've been making same shit from 2000. Clapton, selected means the classics that they keep playing again and again, you know, Cocaine, Wonderful tonight, blah, blah, other than that how many other songs, other albums, that collaboration with BB King, can we tolerate? Plus he's Blues guy, and Blues is like whiskey, straight-a edukka konjam kashtam.

Floyd, Led Zep, Dire Straits, you dig 90% of the stuff they make, minimum. They are indeed up there, but not our dear old Slowhand (though he made some good shit with Cream).

By the way, U2's One is terribly overrated, there are better songs from the same album, like this one, similar theme (guitar checkout pannungga)(Jack White covered this for Great Gatsby) (intha parentheses podura pazhakam vittutolayenda grouch):

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast