Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: signing in problem

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    This happens all the time with me on Google Chrome. Whenever I type a message and hit Post Quick Reply I am signed out. I have to sign back in and most of the time, the message is posted immediately. But sometimes I need to type the message again.

And for forums like Current Affairs where you need to login to read, whenever I click on the next page, it signs me out.. And its been happening for the past 2-3 weeks..

I thought its just me
    +1 Same blood.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nerd, 19thmay & others

Try clearing your browser cookies. See here: http://www.mayyam.com/talk/faq.php?f...aq_vb3_cookies

Post Thanks / Like
    Followup to the auto-logout problem

Cookies-clearing seems have to solved the problem for some, so I urge others to try this too.
    After clearing, close and restart your browser.

If still cannot fix, try login from a different browser (IE, Firefox, or Chrome). This is reported to be
    a browser issue, so we cannot do much at the server side. Thanks for understanding..!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber priya32's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear RR,

I've been having this log in problem for months. The very unique thing about this problem is, you can't log on approximately an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. To be specific, it either doesn't let me log on or logs me out if I'm on at exactly 7AM till 8AM and 7PM till 8PM (US - Eastern Time). I've cleared cookies, used different browsers like google chrome & firefox besides IE. It does the same thing at the mentioned time. Nothing seem to resolve the problem I've been experiencing.

I'm sorry to say this, but 'sUniyam vechcha maadhiri prompt-aa time-ai keep up paNNudhu'.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello nga RR,
    I am having the same problem as priya....I too have cleared cookies & the rest of the stuff in the pantry......still the same.
    Thank you for addressing it nga!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    More problems logging in. Been trying to login repeatedly today but after i click submit in the loging page i'm taken to the same page. Even after im able to successfully loging after a few attempts, i'm soon logged out (the already existing problem highlighted here).
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    suvai, Bala & all

It'll help if you can give more details. e.g. Which browser do you use? Which URL you visit to access the Hub? Which login box do you use (the topmost one?)? Then I can try to replicate the problem, and suggest a solution.

BTW, have you tried to access Hub from other browsers and other PC's? are you having the same problem?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    suvai, Bala & all

It'll help if you can give more details. e.g. Which browser do you use? Which URL you visit to access the Hub? Which login box do you use (the topmost one?)? Then I can try to replicate the problem, and suggest a solution.

BTW, have you tried to access Hub from other browsers and other PC's? are you having the same problem?
    This is happening all the time especially from 4 to 4.30PM IST. Clearing the cookies doesn't seem to help much.
    Browsers: Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m, Firefox 13.x, IE9 9.0.8112.16421 Cipher:256 bit
    Operating System : Windows Vista SP2

I also facing a security issue. When I try to login using the topmost sign-in page, it displays my complete password in plain text as I type without *. This was observed only in IE. I generally Norton autofill utility to securely fill forms. But even that gets defeated and Norton fills a blank password there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12