Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hariyudan Naan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hariyudan Naan

"ஹரியுடன் நான்" கடந்த இரு மாத நிகழ்ச்சிகளை இப்போது கண்டுகளித்து வருகிறேன். நடுவர்கள் செய்யும் பாரபட்ச அணுகுமுறையைப் பார்க்கும் போது ஏர்டெல் சூப்பர் சிங்கர் போல இதுவும் அரசியல் சந்தையாகி விடுமோன்னு தோணுது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have started watching it only now after they selected the top 8. And I also had some doubts about the judging but last 2 weeks were excellent and judges did a great job, especially last week. Except for the comments on Gopalakrishnan (he is being favoured by James and Hari but Sharath is doing a good job there), I felt it was accurate (naan nenechathum - judges sonnathum 100% match aachu :P) Favouritism kandippaa irukku (for Gopalakrishnan and Lakshmi in particular) - but still 100 times better than Airtel Super Singer. Since I have no idea about the people who had got eliminated - I am unable to talk more on the judges. There was this guy named Vikram who is a very talented person. I was surprised to see him out of top 8 and instead to see the likes of Bhargavi who is just ordinary. But fortunately she was the first to get eliminated from the top 8 (Vijay Athiraj's comments when she got eliminated confirmed as to why she was dragged up to top 8.. namma janangaL :sigh: ) . Nancy is also not very good but she is still there (and i heard she is a relative of some one prominent in the production team). Vijay Athiraj romba scene pOduraar and all contestants should be coached properly to take the comments in a positive way. Negative'a yaethum sonnaa moonjiya thonga pOttukuraanga and it looks very unpleasant and it irritates the viewers.
    Last edited by Roshan; 9th February 2011 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been a regular watcher (after top 20 I think). The judging is excellent but could not match the standards of mallu channels, which is understandable. But million times better than any thamizh reality show. And the judges are hilarious too, supremely entertaining. And I for one think the contestants are far from being playback singers. Most of them are ordinary. I like Nancy's voice though. I think she is Subashree's sister or something but I think she will be eliminated this week so thats OK I guess. And I think there is some favoritism (Lakshmi, Niranjan (I can't stand him) and Ravi). I would be happy if Sharanya wins it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ravi is technically very good. Hardly any flaws. He lacks the feel. Nancy is a typical light music troop singer, her singing is basically through experience and not through skills/talent. Niranjan is passable but not as great as judges project. Gopalakrishnan makes quite a bit of mistakes with pitching and tempo (tempo is always a problem but not highlighted by the judges). I dont want to talk about Lakshmi - I am just unable to stand her. She is an obvious pet of Hariharan. Bhargavi ellaam top 8-ku vanthathu only through favouritism. As of now my picks are, Saranya, Ravi and Karthik. I like Karthik's attitude, feel and style. He tries to do something different and he did really well with that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan song last week. What ever said much much better than Airtel Super Singer. As Nerd said judges are really entertaining and it's just lovely to see Hariharan singing few lines of all teh songs the contestants sing. And I also agree that contestants are far from being play back singers.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this show. I personally don't think sharanya and Lakshmi are that good. Sharanya screams a lot but always gets by . Karthik and Ravi and niranjan are my favorites

I feel there's favoritism with lakshmi and Sharanya. I hope Karthik will win it, but lately he's not been performing too well
    Last edited by Wibha; 10th February 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
    I dont want to talk about Lakshmi - I am just unable to stand her.
    +1
    She has music knowledge, but just that. Last week did you see her performance?. What a graceful song that was (chinna chinna aasai), and she totally spoiled it (mostly those fast songs, she just reads it), no elegance and excellently pointed out by judges. Her falseto is just intolerable. Sharanya, on the other hand does not possess musical skills (I mean didn't learn much classical) as Lakshmi, but her performance is way too good (except at higher octaves her voice becomes 'screach') atleast she brings the feel to the song unlike any other contestants and she is versatile too. I too vote for Sharanya. About judges, yes Venkkiram, they were little partial otherwise many from these 8 would not have made it at all. And overall, all these contestants performance is in the mediocre range, inspite Hariji giving lot of tips and training. Very gifted, but not utilizing the opportunities. Even younger singers sing better than them.

Good thread Venkkiram!
    Last edited by V_S; 10th February 2011 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    >> And overall, all these contestants performance is in the mediocre range, inspite Hariji giving lot of tips and training. Very gifted, but not utilizing the opportunities. Even younger singers sing better than them. >>

Very true ! I noticed that most of them are unable to catch certain very simple plans/sangathis when the judges sing for them and ask them to repeat. Gopalakrishnan is worst among all. Sharath repeated a simple note many times of nilavae ennidam nerungaathae but Gopalakrishnan could not get it right even once, despite several attempts. This is the case with all except Ravi. Ravi is technically very good.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Ravi has got a very good talent overall among everyone. I prefer either Ravi or Sharanya to win (if at all Hariji selects only one and not five). Ravi can reproduce what judges tell. But somehow, he concentrates more on the notes, sangathis rather than the mood/soul of the song, which makes him ordinary sometimes. Last week 'My favorites' round, he was given a PBS number, which he sang as if it is a pathos song. If he improves on those aspects, he can do better. May be he is concentrating more on composing skills rather than singing skills.

Karthik on the other hand has good grasping skills, I was amazed when he repeated the swaras sung by Aruna Sairam in Carnatic round. But he has problem with the range especially lower octaves (even Niranjan has the same problem) . Also he prefers to sing (and also sings well) only particular style mostly peppy, trendy songs, which makes him less versatile.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravi's so-called improvization and the annoying pauses while singing puts me off. Especially when he does add something extra for Raja sir songs. What a show off.

Apart from the judging (judge's comments) another reason why I like this programme is for the choice of songs, mostly chosen by Subashree. Simply superb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Last week 'My favorites' round, he was given a PBS number, which he sang as if it is a pathos song. If he improves on those aspects, he can do better. May be he is concentrating more on composing skills rather than singing skills.
    He was given 'Yaar antha nilavu" - a TMS song not PBS. That was a mistake by Hariharan. He paid very good attention to every person's strengths and weaknesses and selected the songs accordingly but he missed that with Ravi. That song will not suit any one. If at all there's someone to do justice to it , it can be only SPB not any one else. Good choice of song but badly misplaced. As James said, though it is a sad song TMS would have sung with some kind of majesty that would suit Nadigar Thilagam and that was completely nil in Ravi's rendition. But again it was clean singing in terms of other aspects.

Karthik on the other hand has good grasping skills, I was amazed when he repeated the swaras sung by Aruna Sairam in Carnatic round. But he has problem with the range especially lower octaves (even Niranjan has the same problem) . Also he prefers to sing (and also sings well) only particular style mostly peppy, trendy songs, which makes him less versatile.
    Agree and I was literrally shocked when he sang Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan song from the movie Bandit Queen. I thought he would sing a very popular/trendy number in Hindi. Generally it is James who target Karthik a lot in giving negative comments but James himself said hats off for this particular rendition. Karthik was too good.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast