• Maiden 20/20 WC Winner and Indian Captain DHONI

5 45.45%
  • Best WK Batsman in the world now "Sangakaaran"

1 9.09%
  • Pakistan's BEST "Moin Khan"

0 0%
  • 20/20 Blaster Mr. McCullum

0 0%
  • First 15 overs Exploiter "Kalu" witharana.

0 0%
  • SA's most promising "AB De- Villiers"

0 0%
  • Rashid Latif

0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HUB ODI Post 90's Team - W/k slot - Nom's open till 02/05.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Movie Cop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Gilchrist

After solid batsmen like lara,aravinda,steve...gilli for the finishing touch
    Gilli pineesing touch - nevaair! Slog overs, well spread out field, Gilli oda Gilli eguridhum.

To put in layman terms:

Gilly as opener = Goundamani in a Ramarajan/Sathyaraj masala flick. Pinni pedal edupaaru...

Gilly @ #7 = Gundamani in Balu Mahendra/Adoor Gopalakrishanan movie... Out of flace, out of flace...

Gilly's best (and only) bet in a wEld ODI XI is as an opener. At #7, he is the downright rejeett. More teknikEl on my 3 nominEsans later, as I gotta run now.
    Indhiya cinema = Kamal HaasaR, Indhiya cricket = Sachin TendulkaR.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    ayyA battingE pudikkalainnAlum Gilli is a better keeper than anyone else being considered for nomination. Thatswhy unopposed ngEn
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Cop
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Gilchrist

After solid batsmen like lara,aravinda,steve...gilli for the finishing touch
    Gilli pineesing touch - nevaair! Slog overs, well spread out field, Gilli oda Gilli eguridhum.

To put in layman terms:

Gilly as opener = Goundamani in a Ramarajan/Sathyaraj masala flick. Pinni pedal edupaaru...

Gilly @ #7 = Gundamani in Balu Mahendra/Adoor Gopalakrishanan movie... Out of flace, out of flace...

Gilly's best (and only) bet in a wEld ODI XI is as an opener. At #7, he is the downright rejeett. More teknikEl on my 3 nominEsans later, as I gotta run now.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KeepernA battingla gillyA irukkONum feeyaar.(Pun intended)m keeping konjam munne pinne irundhaalum adjust madikkuvom. Idhu dhaan gillyOda legacy to cricket. He is being hung on his own noose

It's a fair point isnt it? Field restrictions overs mudinjavuNE typically he gets out isnt it? An analysis on his stats in first 15 overs and post that in order.
    Oru padhavikku nomination paNNinA last 30 years tax returns scrutinise paNNuvOmla

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pfftt please plum. Unga mud slingingkku alavae illama pogudhu. As if he never played past the 15th over.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh, so now there's discussion regarding Gilly's ability to clear fields! what next?
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jinju, the question is one of role. Show me his record when batting without the luxury of a super batting lineup to follow.post powerplay stats enna?
    Rhetoric thavirththu, show me the stats.
    (YArAvadhu pongi statsguru query pOduvIngannu pArthA...only rhetoric varudhu..hmmm)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Jinju, the question is one of role. Show me his record when batting without the luxury of a super batting lineup to follow.post powerplay stats enna?
    (YArAvadhu pongi statsguru query pOduvIngannu pArthA...only rhetoric varudhu..hmmm)
    is it his fault, and it's a hypothetical thought that he wudn't have been so successful othwise. his best innings in tests (agree it's a different format but how many captains don't keep men on boundary even in tests for him?) if u look at it, wud be when the super batting lineup collapsed.

am not a stats person, so someone gud at that can do it if really interested that is! but some players r above all these mere stats and numbers thing, and Gilly is one such. and if u r talking about powerplay thing, remember there is another 5 over block for batsmen now which can be taken late in the innings.
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

If we go by statistics, then we can run a statsguru query for each position and select a team, right? We need a powerful hitter down the order and if he is a batsman as solid as Gilly, why would you look out for some other person?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Plum,

If we go by statistics, then we can run a statsguru query for each position and select a team, right? We need a powerful hitter down the order and if he is a batsman as solid as Gilly, why would you look out for some other person?
    adhellAm sari. I am just interested in the numbers. Numbers do tell a story, though you have to scrounge through to get the right numbers. Statistics is not all lies as long as you get the right measures.
    In this case, a simple calculation of his post 15 overs performance will surely be a good indicator. We cannot measure how he'll perform when denied the luxury of a super lineup - his deccan chargers record came after his prime so I will not hold it against him.

Anyway, the case for Dhoni is equally strong given his ability to clear the ropes and ability to consolidate when early wickets fall. As a batsman, Dhoni can quite give Gilly a run for his money. An average of nearly 50 with 80 plus strike rate after 6-7 years of ODI experience is not to be scoffed at.

Ok, the point is it is not as unopposed as some of you would have us believe. It is not, like, Sachin for opener. That is a open and shut case - even that had its naysayers here, you know it. I cant imagine a consensus in favour of electing Gilly unopposed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast