Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HUB ODI Team - Post 90's - *Warne vs Murali* a.k.a Spinner

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan View Post
    I am NOT sure why P_R & P_B are against Murali - might be due to his controversial action.. well, at least, I don't bother about his action since it was approved by ICC panel.. If there is any advantage of his action, let others bowl in a similar fashion to take wickets as it is approved as legal. With the stats, I could only sense a negligible difference between the two legends. I will still prefer Warne over Murali. donno the exact reason but it could be Australia's winning consistency whenever he performs at his best.

For me, next to Warne, it has to be Murali
    +1979 (adding some gibberish to make the text length > 10)

Many have tried. Unfortunately for them, they weren't born with a congenital defect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_B,

Do you think the so called congenital defect a major reason for Murali's success? I disagree. Even if you clone Murali, he will NOT be as successful as the original.
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan View Post
    P_B,

Do you think the so called congenital defect a major reason for Murali's success? I disagree. Even if you clone Murali, he will NOT be as successful as the original.
    Not just P_B, most of Murali's detractors think his defect gives him unfair advantage. P_B, correct me if I'm wrong.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    sathya, are you +1979-ing to "For me first warne, next Murali" as well
    thalaivarE indha matterla naan eppavum unga katchidhaan! ennOda post ozhungaa padinga.
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    Not just P_B, most of Murali's detractors think his defect gives him unfair advantage. P_B, correct me if I'm wrong.
    short players make better batsmen - Sachin, Lara, Sunny, Bradman, Richards etc. adhanaala short batsmen ellaarukkum avanga shortaa irukkaradhu unfair advantagenu sollalaamaa?
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would choose warne over murali unless the team wishes to win the fairplay award.
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    P_B, no your point isn't correct. Now you don't have to have a congenital condition to bowl 'differently'. Everyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajarasigan
    If there is any advantage of his action, let others bowl in a similar fashion to take wickets as it is approved as legal.
    Efforts are on. Already many of the new kids are bowling innovatively. Somewhere a new genius is being groomed, may he be blessed with suitable situations.

Holding said T20 is not cricket, call it something else. ICC and latchObalatcham rasigapperumakkaL have approved, 'koo yis he to say such things' அப்பிடின்னு கேக்கலாம். அவரை யாரோ கருத்து கேட்டாங்க. திருவாய் மலர்ந்தருளியிருக்கார். அவருக்குத் தெரிஞ்சது அவ்வளவுதான். பத்தாம்பசிலி.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajarasigan
    don't bother about his action since it was approved by ICC panel..
    rajarasigan, இந்த பஞ்சாயத்து பல தடவை ஓடிருச்சு. விட்ருங்க.
    உங்களுக்கெல்லாம் தாராளமான மனசு. ரசிக்க முடியுது. பொறாமையுடன் கூடிய வாழ்த்துகள்.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    P_B, no your point isn't correct. Now you don't have to have a congenital condition to bowl 'differently'. Everyone can.
    Agreed P_R. While I acknowledge that the first congenital condition has opened the doors for others as well to get inspired and aspire, it isn't exactly a rosy path for them. For example, Mohnish Parmar (aka India's Murali) had to go through a lot and remodel his action to get himself cleared.

Don't you think the condition gives an advantage? Wouldn't it be a blessing to just show your med cert to umpires and just keep bowling the way you have trained and practiced for years ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indha medical cert etc are poRAmai. Thing is warne supporters easily tag murali supporters as poRAmai when in truth, we have all the records so poRAmai angErundhu dhaan varum vara mudiyin.

Why should he change the way he has practiced juszt to please you? It is legal and that is it. Otherwise, go and find a underarm bowler(trevor?) Because that was the original legal delivery in cricket. If you are a cricket history lover and dont care for change in rules, then trevor chappell is the greatest bowler of 20th century

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's the man who made bowling a pleasure to watch - the only magician a cricket field has ever seen - THE SHANE WARNE!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456