Music: Sundar C Babu
    Lyrics: Thamarai, Annamalai, S. Gnanakaravel
    Cinematography: K. Vijay Ulaganath
    Editing: T.S. Suresh
    Art: T. Santhanam
    Stunts: Dhilip Subbarayan
    Choreography: Kalyan, Dinesh, Bobby Anthony, Gayathri Raguram
    Production Manager: Sundar Raj

Madurai is always addressed with various names like ‘Malligai Nagaram’, ‘Koodal Nagaram’ and ‘Thoonga Nagaram’ is one amongst them, which mean ‘City that never sleeps’. The film revolves around 4 youngsters from different parts of Tamil Nadu heading towards Madurai seeking for job presuming the city to be a paradise like Singapore. These youngsters happen to meet a certain point and become acquainted enjoying their lives, until one moment. The moment they discover that their lives close towards culmination. This is the first film to be directly produced by Cloud Nine Productions. Gaurav, who worked as assistant director to filmmaker Maharajan and K.S. Ravikumar makes his debut directorial with this movie. Actors audition was held in Madurai that had 3000 aspiring actors taking part and amongst which 70 were chosen.

The film has ‘Pasanga’ and ‘Kalavani’ fame Vimal in lead role along with ‘Kalloori’ and ‘Nadodigal’ fame Bharani, ‘Renigunta’ Nishanth and director Gaurav himself in main characters. ‘Angaadi Theru’ Anjali will play female lead role opposite Vimal.

Sundar C Babu of ‘Nadodigal’ fame has scored music for this film for the lyrics of Thamarai, Annamalai, S. Gnanakaravel. Vijay Ulaganath, once an associate of K.V. Anand makes his debut as cinematographer in this movie. He has already won incredible laurels for his cinematography in 3 Malayalam movies. Vijay Ulaganath has captured the beauty of Madurai in an elegant way. Lots of wide-angle shots have been used for this film. For the first time in history, camera has been placed over the top of Madurai Meenakshi Temple as none are allowed there since it’s dangerous for life. Having edited the shots for ‘Tamizh Padam’ and ‘Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai’, T.S. Suresh takes on editing tasks for this film. T. Santhanam shot to fame for his mind-boggling art works in ‘Aayirathil Oruvan’ and he has erected Rs.50Lakh worth set for a festival sequence of Madurai. Pixion Studios has worked on CG works for some sequences and the makers assure that audiences wouldn’t be able to point out the sequences that possess CG shots.

The film’s music is doing good business in audio stores while the producers are planning to release the movie by March.

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trailer:

Music: Sundar C Ganesh
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Trailer:

Music: Sundar C Ganesh
    Babu

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: City that doesn't sleep - Thoongaa Nagaram

Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    The film has ‘Pasanga’ and ‘Kalavani’ fame Vimal in lead role along with ‘Kalloori’ and ‘Nadodigal’ fame Bharani, ‘Renigunta’ Nishanth and director Gaurav himself in main characters. ‘Angaadi Theru’ Anjali will play female lead role opposite Vimal.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This picture is my favorite poster. Post-Processing romba nalla irukku. Already Madurai Gopuram vaaipe illa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Music director Sundar C Babu, the son of music maestro ‘Veenai' Chittibabu came as a whiff of fresh air to the Tamil film industry with “Chittiram Pesuthadi”. Who can forget the rustic hit number ‘Valameenukkum'? He followed up this success with “Anjaathey”. And now, the young composer is back from Prague, where he went to record the numbers of the forthcoming “Thoonganagaram”. In an interview, Sundar talks about what drives his music, and forging musical partnerships cross the globe. Excerpts.

Tell us something about ‘Thoonganagaram'. What are the highlights in its music?

The script of the film was wonderful. And, director Gaurav's passion for the project saw us join hands for this film. As for the music, there are vibrant, fast folk numbers, which have become very popular, especially ‘Kondattam'. The romantic melody ‘Koorana Parvaighal' is also striking a chord with people. The background score has turned out well too.

Why did you decide to go to Prague to record the songs?

For the last two years, I've been wanting to record with live orchestras abroad for the background score. I went to the U.K., France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Czech Republic, before zeroing in on Prague.

The team there loved the music, and they were a warm and friendly people. I believe sound elevates a scene, and this film deserved this extra effort. Luckily, both the director and producer were okay with the idea. That is how we got to record with the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra in a reputed recording theatre. The music that comes forth from the French horns, the tuba and timpani are mind-blowing, and I am hopeful the audience will like the live orchestral sound in the film.

How was the experience of recording there like? And, do you intend repeating this?

It is wonderful to interact with musicians around the globe; it helps expand your thoughts and ideas. The added benefits are their professionalism and systematic approach to work. A wonderful moment was when they danced to my folk numbers — they loved the sounds of the thavil, thappatai and nadaswaram. Well, if all works out well, I wish to work with more live orchestras abroad. It helps that I have constantly been in touch with major orchestras in Europe, Russia and Australia. But, all this has a meaning only if a project demands this labour of love.

How has the last year been, professionally?

I worked on several projects that are scheduled to release this year. Four Tamil movies, and two Telugu ones are in the pipeline. My work in actor Vijayakanth's directorial venture ‘Viruthagiri' was also well accepted.

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-sty...cle1121067.ece

------------

read till the end

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj

Why did you decide to go to Prague to record the songs?

For the last two years, I've been wanting to record with live orchestras abroad for the background score. I went to the U.K., France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Czech Republic, before zeroing in on Prague.

:[/tscii]
    reminds me of a s.ve shekar dialogue

"appuram eppathanya naangellam america, tokyo, japan ellam pakkurathu"

Post Thanks / Like
    liked the title design with light bulbs

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    "City that doesn't sleep - Thoongaa Nagaram"

what a title !
    eppadi paa ungalaala ippadi ellam sinthikka mudiyuthu ? :P

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    movie is playing in Malaysia.
    any reviews?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast