Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Composers Thread!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, great thread

skv you dark horse ahaa, never knew your into composing as well. congratulations, loved your piece. Please post more of your work bro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    My latest beat, Soft Instrumental http://soundcloud.com/sunilssounds/soft-instrumental

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil_M88, I am not an active composer like you! I have many tunes in mind and have recorded very rough version, I need a professional Piano player to record the proper version of my compositions. Also time and effort needed.. let me see... thanks man!

You are the one and only Star Composer of our Mayyam forumhub! Getting praise from you is worthy
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    MOTHER MOUNTAIN

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5U6x78L9uQ4

This music theme commences with Gregorian chants with Taiko drums gaining momentum in the foreground. A piano weaves in the ambience supported by timbales to depict a walk in the mountains.

I've included sounds from nature i.e. Thunder, Lakes, Rain and Wind.

I've tried to balance the sensibilities of many musical genres, hence I'd like to sum up this piece as, relaxing music with a twist. Enjoy!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Done Sunil. Gregorian chants which breaks the cloud into thunder and rain was excellent. Added to that the uneven beats with the piano all gives a mystic feel. Very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I have attempted a Western Classical piece set to a Reeti Gowla base. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kung Fu Panda 3 Unofficial Teaser Music (Fan Made)

Post Thanks / Like
    Vangelis -- Journey into Divinity (Fan Made)

Post Thanks / Like
    copied and pasted from http://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordp...a-hamsadhvani/.

Former hubber Querida had inquired about musical technicalities some time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    I hope in future you will consider posting about the way you created music and perhaps include samples that illustrate/emphasize techniques/effects you have mentioned such as “sound shaping, panning, phazing, flanging, reverbing”
    Raga Hamsadhvani

https://www.soundcloud.com/sunilmalh...ga-hamsadhvani

Music has to be felt, dwelling in technicalities behind making music doesn’t really appeal to a lot of people and in this day if a composition doesn’t appeal from the start then chances are that listeners might press stop straight away.

Right from writing a melody, to making a beat, adding additional instruments and finally mastering the volume i.e. avoiding distortion are all equally important and if one of these factors are concentrated less upon then it will hinder the overall piece. For e.g. a strong melody with too many beats will only work if the beats are equalised allowing the melody to retain a stronghold.

Dear QueridaJ

I haven’t forgotten your request and thanks for showing an interest into the world of musical technicalities. For a proper experience please put on headphones. I have kept the shakers and cymbals monaural whilst the harp has been panned slightly to the left with a stereoised flanging effect i.e. moving between right and left. The melody of this song is played on an English horn and like the shakers and cymbals is kept in the centre. By making the harp binaural I feel the concentration on the monaural English horn will be more and obviously the English horn had to have a higher volume than the harp. I also added birds tweeting to accompany the harp and horn to give a Spring feel.

The Guitar arrives in the first interlude with pads. The Guitar has a stereoised delay on it so is heard binaurally but unlike the flanger it isn’t moving between the right and left channels. It also has reverb on it to give it the effect that you’re listening to it in a hall, venue, etc. If I could, I certainly would’ve added “Gamaka” to it but since I’m a rookie I didn’t want to take the risk. Also in the first interlude, I felt the need to have a “Mridangam”. The “Mridangam” is monaural.

The second chorus is a full on Electro, Dance and Carnatic mish mash. There isn’t a mainstay beat in this composition although the whole piece is bound by the continuous shakers and cymbals. The mish mash only comes in intervals because I wanted the overall piece to be calm rather than dance orientated. They are also orchestral elements, i.e. Timpani, Strings, etc. to give the piece a western classical feel.

It is self explanatory that I have been highly influenced by Rahman Ji therefore have attempted at creating the perfect balance of Electro and Western Classical with Raga base. “Hamsadhvani” means Swan song. Rahman Ji’s “Hamsadhvani” compositions include “Theekuruvi” and “Velai Pookal”. I don’t know how “Hamsadhavni” my composition sounds but I have had fun playing around with the Raga.

Happy Listening!

P.S. I know I haven’t explained about the whole package of effects but I assume you won’t mind and you can now take your headphones off! Hehe
    Last edited by Sunil_M88; 20th May 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast