Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Roundup - Best Actor in phoren film

Post Thanks / Like
    Casey Affleck in The killer inside me had acted very nice. Though his appearance gives him an extra something for such a character and I dint like the movie at all, he carried himself very finely.

But I would love to see James Franco winning something for his role (though my hopes are down). IMO he was the best this year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    IMHO, Dicaprio better in Shutter..
    eggjactly and the concept is also pretty complex in shutter compared to tedious nested loops in inception.

kid... sema useful thread.... seekirama indha padattha ellam cover panren...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Softie,
    Yep, Inception takes so much effort to build up the inescapable labyrinth, only to break the 4th wall and jump right out of it. Jumping out of one loop to another with consummate ease takes away its joys in repeat viewing.

OTOH, Shutter builds a singular maze-like structure. Staying true to that structure, it ensures the entire runtime is dedicated to subjective poV (thereby we're always with Ted) of hitting the dead-ends until one surfaces the confines of 'reality'. It's less problematic (unlike Inception) as it redeems the character out of self-deluding (mental) charades, as against taking that leap of faith (ala Cobb) to dodge one's own sinful past & regrets.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Basically these yearly, and decade based lists/threads is to provide an "INDEX" (like Hub's main page or index of the book) for each other. Pointers to cover lost ground.
    ...an artist without an art.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123