Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On "Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban" movie & songs

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Evolution Vii (@ 165.*) on: Tue Nov 9 05:32:25 EST 2004

enna mani saar..parthu rombe naal aaguthuu??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

nagarajan (@ 82.1*) on: Tue Nov 9 15:42:48 EST 2004

Though USV was released in 1973, all the songs except 'namadhu vettri' were recorded and released in 1970 itself. (Mr. Manisekaran, pl correct me, if I am wrong).

I have seen the LP record having 9 songs (4 in one side and 5 on the other side).

It is said that though the film was successful, MGR could not make any money as the film was delayed for 3 years and cost of production was very high having taken the film for almost 6 to 7 hours, reduced to three hours later.

I still remember the Thailand actress "metha" came to Chennai to complete some scenes for the song "pachchai-k-kili", MGR fans gathered at Chennnai Airport to receive her. (the scenes of MGR/Meta wearing Raaja/Raani dress were shot at Sathya Studio)

Post Thanks / Like

mythila (@ 193.*) on: Fri Nov 12 10:10:31 EST 2004

Mani sir, we TFMDFers are indeed fortunate to be privy to some of the inside details you are giving regarding USV. I feel this *Making of USV* deserves a separate thread. Your info might be of immeasurable value to not only students of political science or political observers, but also to a layman like me . The success of USV decided the course of future turn of events in Tamilnadu politics
    <a name="last"></a>

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    USV was one of the very few films that ran for 100 days in a small town like Dindigul.

One small correction - The Dindigul election in which ADMK (Mayaththevar) won for the first time was for MP and not MLA...That same candidate continued to win that MP seat a few more times (once even under DMK)...

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the movie recently and awed with the MGR's directing ability. At the end of the movie the caption says MGR will return with "Thenafricalvil Raju". What happened to the sequel?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is Kizhakku Africaavil Raju.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really an amzing report about the "birth" of Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban. Yes, as told by someone here, the shooting in foreign countries were done in 1970 only (do you remember Expo'70..?) at that time MGR was in DMK and even in 1971 election also he was there. Only in 1972 October he went out (or sent out..??).

The method of picturisation of USV only different. But the story theme is not new and it nothing but Director Ramanna's "MOONDREZHUTHTHU" released in early 1968, starred by Ravichandran & Jayalalitha.

See the main theme:

MOONDREZHUTHTHU:
    --------------------------
    A suitcase full of money will be buried by a man (Major) in a place, then he make a plan where it was buried, cut the plan in to three pieces and give each one to three persons living in three places (Ooty, Kanyakumari, Hyderabad) then go to jail. Then the hero (Ravi) will come from abroad, search the three pieces and finally get it. In the meantime villians also following the hero to take the plan and the wealth. One main villain will come in the last (Manohar)

ULAGAM SUTRUM VAALIBAN
    ----------------------------------
    A suitcase (with scientific research file) will be buried in a place by one MGR, then note the place in a sheet, cut the paper in to three pieces and give each one to three persons living in three countries (Singapore, Hongkong, Bancok) and will be under the custody of villain group. The another MGR will come and search them and finally he will get it. In the meantime villains also following them to take the research file. One main villain will come in the last (Nambiar).

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Friends,

I heard that MGR promised to MSV that if he gives good music, he will gift him with a Fiat Car ( most used car during those days !!! )

and MSV got it.

Besides, the preview was shown to everybody ( the leading directors of those years ). Infact KB commented once that he could not edit any of the scenes as they were so perfectly linked .

Its like Vashistar vaayaal brahma rishi - If KB says something

One thing which I could not digest - Nagesh was looking very old and not befitting Nagesh . I mean he was not at his best in that movie. Probably MG controlled him and toned him down

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

reverse aging

This is a good talking about the reverse aging!!I learn a lot more about reverse aging here,I like it.
    I search Yahoo for long time and find here.By the way I found some content on another website about it.Also,you can find some other on it,such as divorce solicitors or multiple sklerose or windows hosting.
    LOL!Good job and go on talking plz,boys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast