Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Specific Problems/Issues

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama,

I think I wrote to you that you can edit this yourself. I don't understand the problem you are facing in editing. If you really need help, you can approach the mods.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Administrators,

Please consider...

SECTIONS TO BE GROUPED... matching with the Typical-Needs of Viewers.

(1) The present Heading as .. MISCALLANEOUS-SECTION ... be changed as .. "GENERAL- SECTION.."... which will be better and and APT.. I feel.

(2) The Present LITERATURE-SECTION ... be regrouped and named as,,,

... LITERATURE AND CULTURE...since the Subject of Culture .. even though related both to History as well as Literature....

..a Historian is not invited to primarily participate..

but the Experts on Literature.. who only are capable of defining the Culture of the people based on the Literatures of the respective people.

... rather it is more closer and better linked with Literature. Whenever any Lecture or Essay is called for...

For example... the intricacies and greatness of the Tamilian-Culture of "Yaadhum-Oorae-Yaavarum-Kelhir"... and the like, we are able to get mainly from Literature.

Moreover the Viewers of Literature-taste would prefer to go through the relevant link of Cultural topics too.. under the same section

(3) The new Section .. on RELIGIONS... under contemplation... be named as...

..HUMAN-EMANCIPATION... to induce the viewers to think on the healthy lines...

... instead of INADVERTENTLY inviting them to apply their minds onto Religious-conflicts and Disparities in between..

Let us not make this Section of Forum as one more BATTLEFIELD...

.. which we have seen enough in other sections... even by irrelevantly dragging the Religions and Castes..

In brief... the apt fragrance emanated will attract the right hearts.

(4) History Section.. be totally separate... unconnected with other Subjects.

(5) A separate Section named CLASSICS ...to cater to the Elite's tastes... be opened to cover other Rich-subjects... which otherwise may get drowned within the din of Ordinary topis.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhamaa said:

(2) The Present LITERATURE-SECTION ... be regrouped and named as,,,

... LITERATURE AND CULTURE...since the Subject of Culture .. even though related both to History as well as Literature....

..a Historian is not invited to primarily participate..

but the Experts on Literature.. who only are capable of defining the Culture of the people based on the Literatures of the respective people.
    Historian is not invited to participate???? Why?? He tells too much of the truth there is in the Literature. Historical perspective of those Literature is very important for understanding the culutre. Else everyone will be taken for a ride by those propagandists here.

[quote](3) The new Section .. on RELIGIONS... under contemplation... be named as...

..HUMAN-EMANCIPATION... to induce the viewers to think on the healthy lines... [/quote

Then we will have a chance to give them a sugar-coated version of the otherwise 'unhealthy religion'.

On the whole, I object to Sudhamaa proposal as I foresee that it could just lead to the Hub being infested with vedics and their stooges singing 'all are one, but I am better'. 'Tamil and Sanskrit are one, but sanskrit better' etc etc.

Yes, I object! Don't waste time on this, Administrators!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama, at present we don't have any plans for altering the existing forum structure, but we'll keep your suggestions in mind for future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Happy to tell you that the history and culture section is up again! This is our second trial and I hope you'll help us keep it a place for cleaner and enlightening discussions. We have some Do's and Don'ts, pls go through them:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3719

Have fun!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR, having problems posting today.

This is the message that I am getting.

General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 145003, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('siragillai', 'naan', 'kili', 'illai', 'ada', 'vaanam', 'onnum', 'tholaivillai', 'awef', 'vanakkam', 'vani', 'scorpio', 'nov', 'karthik', 'mani', 'raj', 'innum', 'thoonga', 'pogalai')

Line : 251
    File : functions_search.php

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does it take so long to get an account activated? In my case I created an account on the 6th July and today on the 12th it is activated. What is the reason for your exaggerated reservation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaaththaadi
    Why does it take so long to get an account activated? In my case I created an account on the 6th July and today on the 12th it is activated. What is the reason for your exaggerated reservation?
    It's because some people create multiple id's like Mini Midi Maxi, Maraththadi,etc and need to be looked into. Some still get away with it, but their id's are being promptly closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    RR, There's a 'REPORT' feature available in some of the forums, where you can report offensive posts or abusive language to the moderator... Are you planning to have something like that.
    This feature is now available. If you see any abusive post, just click the button at the top right corner of the post and report it. It will be sent to the Mods immediately and they'll act on it ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hub connection problems

(If any of your friends is having this problem, pls pass this message. Thanks.)

If you are having problem connecting to the Hub since Monday, this is for you: Currently there are many in India facing this problem. AFAIK, connection from rest of the world and even from some ISP's in India, is ok. We have been investigating this problem. We did a traceroute from VSNL and it reveals:

traceroute to forumhub.mayyam.com (207.58.164.225), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
    1 gateway-29.0.vsnl.net.in (202.54.29.1) 0.848 ms 1.180 ms 0.420 ms
    2 203.197.33.130.static.vsnl.net.in (203.197.33.130) 0.659 ms 0.708 ms 0.461 ms
    3 vsb-lvsb-stm4.Bbone.vsnl.net.in (202.54.2.190) 0.802 ms 1.036 ms 1.127 ms
    4 fe-10-0-0-RTR-115-157.bomvsb.vsnl.net.in (202.54.115.157) 0.950 ms 1.035 ms 1.446 ms
    5 202.54.115.62 (202.54.115.62) 3.085 ms 2.682 ms 2.918 ms
    6 * * *
    7 * * *
    That is, it shows that everything times out after the 5th hop from VSNL. This is not part of the network (or even our upstream providers) on which the Hub is hosted on. It looks like an ISP across the ocean from us is having issues routing. Unfortunately we can't do much about this. You can send a mail to your ISP, describe the problem and ask for their advice. Or, if you can give your ISP's address to us, we can do ask on your behalf.

Meanwhile, if you are desperate, you can connect to the Hub via proxies. Mr.Privacy is one:

http://www.misterprivacy.com/begin_a...us_surfing.htm

I'll post if there are any further updates on this.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast