Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Specific Problems/Issues

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't then...either he doesn't know how to check his mail :P or something's wrong with his account.
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why pirayaani's thread 'Vedic roots of early tamil culture' has been locked When threads like 'Tamil is elder to Sanskrit','Tamil-Sanskrit myth' can be allowed why not this?If it's because the likes of Idiaapam,geno&others will come up with their 'Poda naayi'posts that cannot be a excuse.Does it mean if someone doesn't like a thread all he/she has to do is to vomit filth&ensure it's closure?Or is it because the mods themselves are biased.I hope not.

Tailpieceon't say it was the wrong forum for starting this thread because that is not the author's fault.The 'history forum'is disabled for more than a month now.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Cinefan"

//...If it's...." because the likes of"......"others"....//

Yes.. Yes .. Yes and Yesesessssssssssss.... That is what is going on here.. in this so called ... OUR HUB...

My Enthusiastic initiation of a HIGHLY MEANINFUL THREAD on India's Greatness....

.. by means of its ANCIENT-HERITAGE... based on Indian-History, Tradition, Culture and the like... in all respects..

...so mentioned in its Introduction unambiguously on the Secular- spirit...

... it has been TYRANNICALLY DUMPED IN THE DUST- PIN....

... on which I am DEEPLY HURT... as an INJURY TO MY ENTHUSIASM in Your Hub...

.. A severe Kick-on my Face... as a Reward in the Shape of Grave- Punishment .. !!!

... for my past Rich- Participation here since more than 3 years as the Old- Hubber.

(1) Does this deserve to be deemed as "Our-Hub" anymore... when there is no sense of "V"... here?... A Complex of U & I... of MUTUAL- CONCERN... alongside taking care of the INTERESTS of both the sides.

It is a high time... our REQUESTS AND APPEALS.. be duly considered by the Administrators.

And as a Senior-citizen well-experienced... APT and QUALIFIED ENOUGH to put forth...

... HEALTHY-CRITICISMS ... IN YOUR INTERESTS... Only... not Autocratic nor Self-willed...

If my Deep-thought over objections and suggestions HAVE ANY MEANINGFUL SENSE... Please RE-CONSIDER... and get Convinced ...otherwise please convince us as to how we are Wrong?...... I being...

(not only an acclaimed Result-oriented Professional Executive... but also as the Ex. Director ofa Ltd . Company faced all sorts of crisis... as well as the Ex. Founder Secretary of a Public- Associatyed (Regd)... well- advancing even now... because of the FIRM-FOOTING I installed there... confronting all sorts of worst oppositions... even more than the ones you people are facing here...)

How many people oppose or support a Topic-Head here SHOULD BE DEEMED as the IMMATERIAL FACTOR...

.. but how far it is relevant to YOUR PURPOSE... according to YOUR UNBIASED Spirit

.. and how much enthusiastic participation from the other Hubbers...

.. alongside the Extent of Global-Viewership... and appreciation you get.

//.. will come up with their 'Poda naayi'posts.... that cannot be a excuse...//

Such GLORIOUS- WORDING (??? !!!) as... "You-idiot"...Poada-Naaye... Sala-Periyar... --- You the Group Murders's of Indian-President(!!! ???)... and even vulgour words... have been allowed to exist as the Bright- Hoardings for a long time... even months together.. until some Hubbers point out....

... And one Sudden-Entrant Krishna... threw Vulgour-Rubbish coupled with shockingly Obscene- photo too... seriosly PROVOCATVE... on one Thread after another Thread as a serial- blow after severe blow for several pages... a few days back... taking OVER-LIBERTY by a mischivous Criminal

.. BLOCKING all the Due-postings of the GENUINE Hubbers.. for the WHOLE-DAY... UNQUESTIONABLY !!!

... On which there was NO TIMELY ACTION... either Preventive or Precautionary nor ARRESTRIVE. !!!.

... until somebody points out... and action taken on the next-day... after my vociferous knocking of one and all the doors on the previous day. !!!

... whereas if some Healthy-postings are SOWN HERE towards the Good- purpose...

... One GREAT GENTLEMAN here... constantly awake... with an AXE to FELLS IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY

... the Fruity- Trees... naming it Contrary ?... who is to judge it Fruity or Not? ... How?.

//.. Does it mean if someone doesn't like a thread all he/she has to do is to vomit filth&ensure it's closure?//

Should your decisions and Policy... BE SIMPLY BASED... on the objections from those....

...who are bent upon... ..Shaping and Converting OUR HUB...a Common- Healthy Forum

... into THEIR VOICE-DAIS..!!!. Exclusively... and Unquestionably...

... Thrusting FORCIBLY... their Suicidal- SURMISES..and Self-willed Thoughts within others Gullets.???

//Or is it because the mods themselves are biased?....I hope not//.

Yes.... YES... YESESSSSSSSSSS.... If one Night-watchman grumbles for his loss of Sleep... due to his Job... will others NOT LAUGH at him?

// Tailpieceon't say it was the wrong forum for starting this thread because that is not the author's fault.The 'history forum'is disabled for more than a month now.//

Dear Friend... Do you know.. The Administarators are waiting for the Voice from their GENUINE ADVISORS... on the opposite side of ours.

How Genuine they are and will be?.. we don't know. God alone knows...

But God has given us all the Wisdom to DISCERN THE RIGHT AND WRONG.. Genuine and the Hypocritic

Dear Our-Hub- Administrators.... We assure you ... we are Not Selfish nor One-sided... Nor IRRESPONSIBLE TOWARDS THE OTHER SIDE.

... But we are your whole-hearted WELL- WISHERS... towards further Success and Advancement on your Noble-purpose

... So I earnestly Hope and BELIEVE... My dear Administrators...

...at least now PLEASE PLEASE RECONSIDER...IN YOUR INTERESTS ALONG WITH.... OURS. TOO...

... before it goes Out-of-hands... or becomes UNSURMOUNTABLE... or .. turns INCORRIGIBLE.

With Best Wishes for Your Success and PROSPERITY. !!!

Truly, Sincerely and Affectionately,
    Yours.. Sudhaama

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tailpieceon't say it was the wrong forum for starting this thread because that is not the author's fault.The 'history forum'is disabled for more than a month now.
    That's not an excuse. We've already explained why 'History & culture' related topics have to wait. Why don't you hang on a while more..

Post Thanks / Like
    RR,
    It's not a question of me hanging on for a while.If you have noticed I don't post at all in the history/Tamil literature thread but limit myself to the Tamil films,Misc section.But I do browse some of the other sections&have noticed that fanaticism rules.If anyone opens a thread or writes a post referring to the Vedas,Sanskrit,Brahmins- a barrage of verbal abuse starts.Most of these start as discussions but very soon degenerates into filth.Result-the thread has to be closed.Why can't something be done about this?Why is it that a section of hubbers successfully close down threads which do not tally with their view points&get away with it.This 'pirayaani'thread is just an example.I don't come to the hub to prove I am superior or someone is inferior.But if an interesting discussion is happening I would def take part ot atleast read what others have to say but that hardly seems to be happening.Rigidity rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone opens a thread or writes a post referring to the Vedas,Sanskrit,Brahmins- a barrage of verbal abuse starts.Most of these start as discussions but very soon degenerates into filth.Result-the thread has to be closed.Why can't something be done about this?
    Cinefan,
    This has to be a curse of public forums. We would like to encourage such topics and sincerely moderate. But you know, it is simply not possible to do a good job, unless we sit here 24 hours and monitor every one of these threads. Sorry we don't have that much time. Moreover, some of the sensitive topics are prone to libel lawsuits. So some restrictions have to be imposed. At least that's our policy for now.

One way is to create a private forum for such 'interesting but delicate' topics. Read & post access will be given only to 'mature' members with a condition that access will be revoked if limits are crossed. But I doubt how many will survive in this setup.. Soon we may only have a handful, and the forum will start ee Ottufying.

Post Thanks / Like
    RR,
    What you are telling is true.But it's very unfortunate that only one side of the story gets to be told. The chances of the fanatics suddenly becoming moderates is non-existant,so I think the alternative is to ban any topic which tries to prove its superiority(with or without evidences)esp with regard to religion&language.Someone saying Rajni is better than Kamal or Vijay is better than Ajit is insignificant.There are fights but it's basically fun.But religion,religious books,language are very sensitive&provoke people very easily.So when one side doesn't get an opportunity to express their view point&are drowned in a whole baggage of filth, why should the other side get a free run?Just because the opponents are decent enough not to indulge in abuse?In that respect I believe that threads like 'Tamil-Sanskrit myth','Tamil is elder to Sanskrit'should also have no place in the forum.How are these threads related to literature?Are they not sensitive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cinefan,
    Thanks. On 'Tamil (vs) Sanskrit' topic, it's related to tamil language, right? Do you mean we have separate forum on 'Tamil language' and discuss there? I don't think it's necessary, Cinefan. TL forum is ok.
    The discussions, though tempestuous at times, I believe are not offensive like religious/casteist threads do, so this topic is fine. But this thread is being moderated and posts have been deleted. Er.. You are not going to nitpick on a 'bad' phrase that still hanging in there, are you? Rather if you (like many of the well-wishers) can help by pm-ing the Mods of such things, then the hub will be cleaner and more fun - benefitting all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    RR,
    Sure it's a language issue but I feel that somewhere down the line a few hubbers are displaying utter contempt towards people who don't agree with their line of thought&a "We are superior,our language IS THE BEST"attitude is being displayed.The language might not be filth but that kind of an attitude is def irritating.I guess it's left to the opponents to counter that without involving you guys.

Good day.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. RR,

Thread: SELF-EVALUATION : Quiz.

For the past ... MORE THAN TWO MONTHS.. I am waiting for your action on my Request as below.(Vide my below-mentioned Posting dated 30th March 05 in this Thread)

In the absence of your such due action, my next Posting ..READY FOR POSTING ...

... in that relevant Thread:--- "Quiz: SELF-EVALUATION"...

.. is..HELD-UP INDEFINITELY... since the past more than TWO MONTHS.

Will you please do the needful... WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY?

I will be thankful.. if you can PROVIDE ME ACCESS to Edit of my Own.. in future.. .

. without unnecessarily worrying you....(Now I don't have this Facility in this Polls section)

With Best Wishes,
    Sudhaama.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

POLL -Correction ...

Thread :-- "Your SELF-EVALUATION of Yourself."

ADMINISTRATORS,

Please CORRECT the Poll wordings as below DELETING Percentage- marks..

__________________________________________________ __________

CATEGORY YOU BELONG TO ?
    __________________________________________________ __________

(1) PEACOCK

(2) ELEPHANT

(3) LION.

(4) PARROT

(5) COW :

(6) DOVE

(7) TIGER

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast