Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Specific Problems/Issues

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR,

Before few months, we had connectivity problems from some parts of India. At that time, I was not able to access the hub from my regular SIFY account. So, I used an anonymous browsing site for accessing the hub.

Then we got a mail from u stating that all the problems are over. After that, I was able to access the hub directly from my SIFY account.

But when I went to sivakasi (a few days back), the same problem occurred when I used my SIFY A/C to access the hub. But I was able to access the hub directly in all other browsing centres except SIFY.

Why I am getting problems like this? The problems are indeed looking very strange for me.

I want u to clarify more on this. Is this a problem with the SIFY A/C or the hub

what method should I follow to clear these issues? Being a SIFY A/C user for the past couple of years, I am much satisfied with their service. But I am not sure why I am getting problems with the hub.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selva,

The same is happening with Reliance connection also. But we can access the hub by http://mayyam.com/hub instead of http://forum.mayyam.com/hub

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selvakumar,

1. The mysql db connect errors could be some temporary giltch due to server overload. If this error is permanent, do post the link that is giving the error.

2. Some indian ISP's like SIFY have 'forumhub.mayyam.com' in their blocklist (instead of IP which we have switched), so you have to try www.mayyam.com or mayyam.com instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    RR,
    Thanks a lot for that

A suggestion :

Just like, how the hub s/w displays the TIME details etc in every post, Can't we have the IP ADDRESS displayed too? I heard that in the old forum IP ADDRESSES were also displayed.

I think this will help us for obvious reasons. Expecting your reply

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    selvakumar,

Many have objected to the IP address being revealed as privacy issue, so it's hidden from public (but visible to the Mods).

Post Thanks / Like
    RR,

This one good modification which I feel is much needed in the PROFILE UPDATE PAGE, Taking into consideration of the problems I faced with my ACCOUNT

Just like the username option, please disable the EDITING OPTION AVAILABLE FOR MAILIDs. This generates lot of issues. Even if I have not changed the mailid, it is giving problems to the account (due to some careless key strokes)

You can make this mailid editing option as one which should be submitted to the MODS and the eventual activativation of the account.

Post Thanks / Like
    selvakumar,

Sorry for the delay.. (I missed your post).

Can you explain more on the problems/issues? We don't disable features unless it creates serious problems for many users.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    selvakumar,

Sorry for the delay.. (I missed your post).
    Its o.k RR.

Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Can you explain more on the problems/issues? We don't disable features unless it creates serious problems for many users.
    [/quote]

Nope RR. IN my case, I never edited my MAILID. (not sure whether I accidently deleted some content and retyped it).

But after that I was not able to login. I think for changing the MAILID, we have to give the password. But without giving it, I was not able to LOGIN after the SUBMIT (after changing my avatar)

So, My humble suggestion is:
    ----------------------------

If a hubber wants to change his MAILID, they can MAIL / PM you or one of the MODS for that rather than editing it and then waiting for the activation( I donno the procedure - whether MODS ll b automatically activating the same once an email ID change is submitted)

So, inorder to save people like us, you can change that feature.

Again, It depends on what you think also ! A suggestion !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Dear Mr. RR and Moderators,

Mr. Selvakumar is one of the Great Assets of our Hub... along with Mr. Aravindan, Vijaya-rajendran, viggop,and such other Elite Hubbers...

...who are taking much pains plus PERSONAL INVOLVEMENT... to ENRICH OUR HUB... by their Valuable Contributions

So I wish and earnestly request you to keep such of those Asset-Hubbers... in GOOD-HUMOUR and High Enthusiasm to continue their Impetus and drive towards the Well-being, and ADVANCEMENT of OUR HUB.

Why I state so?... Because already we have LOST GOOD NUMBER OF SCHOLAR HUBBERS of Gentlemanly-Calibre and high Knowledge in their respective fields. They were predominantly conducting and initiating New Threads of rare knowledge too... by the dint of their conspicuously worthy postings and active participation in a healthy manner and Conduct, sincerely adhering to our Regulations and Stipulations.

But.. IN RETURN... What we have done to them?... If not appreciation and Encouragement.... at least No Discouragement.... Have we done?

Eventually.. one by one ...they have left the Hub once for all...under UTTER DESPARATION.... By such a Sick-development who are the losers?.. They? Or We, THE HUB. ?

The pity is...They were unduly DEMOTIVATED...rather by RUBBING ON THE WRONG SIDE.... due to the mishandling of the Moderators...

...JUST YIELDING to a few miscreants.... who are in NO WAY THE ASSETS for us. ...but only the Self-centered IMPEDIMENTS.

I am sorry to pinpoint the BITTER-FACT... that Our Moderators are yet to IDENTIFY and DISCERN the Personal Worth of the Hubbers...

...as to Who are the Real-Assets and Who are the Dead-weights, DETRIMENTS and Liabilities..... for our purpose

At least now....BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE...Let us learn the lessons from the past History of Our Hub.

And should we not make use of the Rich-knowledged Hubbers... to the BEST ADVANTAGE towards the Purpose and Scope of Our Hub..?.

..... For our Own sake and ...the Healthy-Existence of OUR HUB... more than the task of Advancement.

..AT LEAST IN FUTURE....!!!...???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hub is terribly slow these days. Also I get this annyoing MySQL error message(just today)

phpBB : Critical Error

Error clearing sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1034 Incorrect key file for table: 'phpbb_sessions'. Try to repair it

DELETE FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time < 1148065120 AND session_id <> 'b37c7b45a204ecce46b74661a56a1241'

Line : 494
    File : sessions.php

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast