Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Specific Problems/Issues

Senior Member Regular Hubber aravindhan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Problems accessing the hub

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but it seemed the most appropriate forum. I have been unable to access the hub for the past couple of days from the UK - essentially, DNS lookups for "forumhub.lunarpages.com" are failing.

As you see from this query on dnsstuff.com, an "ALL" lookup refers the query to ns2.lunarpages.com, ns4.lunarpages.com, and ns5.lunarpages.com. The problem appears to be that ns4 and ns5 report that no records exist for forumhub.lunarpages.com. I've checked with my ISPs, and they say that this is a problem with lunarpages' servers, which lunarpages will need to fix.

At the moment, I'm accessing the hub through a secure-tunnel.com's proxy server, which is rather inconvenient, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one having problems with access. Do you think you can take this up with lunarpages? Migavum nanri!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    moderator ! moderator !

is there any way by which I can keep my favourite forums as one group so that I can post without clicking and clicking and clicking my mouse button.. ( I am a novice .. so help me )

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the moment, I'm accessing the hub through a secure-tunnel.com's proxy server, which is rather inconvenient, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one having problems with access. Do you think you can take this up with lunarpages? Migavum nanri
    aravindhan: We are aware of this problem and already in touch with lunarpages. Yes indeed they faced a technical glitch and had to reboot nameservers, which led this DNS problem. However this is a temporary problem and DNS should start resolving automatically. Till then you may use one of the proxy's. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu
    moderator ! moderator !

is there any way by which I can keep my favourite forums as one group so that I can post without clicking and clicking and clicking my mouse button.. ( I am a novice .. so help me )
    madhu: Yes, we are working on this feature (used to be known as myHub at the old forumhub). Pls wait for it to get ready.
    Are you using the Portal? It should save you lot of clicks already. Keep using it as myHub gets ready.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear RR,

Instead of my Real-Name R.Srinivasan, I am mentioning here as R.Srinivasan (USA), just to identify me different from other Srinivasans, especially those carrying the same INITIAL:-- "R".

For example there is a popular Leading Writer... still living... who has exhaustively written rich on Tamil-Literature including Thiruppaavai.

Let not the Readers mistake me...... that....

... that "Great- "he".... is this small .... "i"

By continuing here as R.Srinivasan(USA), I feel that it gives the Readers... a wrong and unrealistic negative image on me, which has been expressed by some of my friends especially Mr. Hari-Krishnan.

So I want to change my name in this Forum as "Sudhaama" ... the currently existing Pen-Name for me ... which I am already using as a Writer in the Magazines like Vikatan-Groups.

So in future, I will mention here about myself as... Sudhaama... only.

Please arrange for the necessary CORRECTION... in this Hub.... including my PROFILE

Thanking You,
    R.Srinivasan (alias... Sudhaama)
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr.R.Srinivasan(USA), can change it, no problem. I'll pm you when done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updates on the DNS problem: LunarPages is moving some of their servers (physically) to a new location. So this trouble is expected to last over the weekend. They've assured us that it'll be fine from Monday.

you can use this if you still have problem: http://www.misterprivacy.com/begin_a...us_surfing.htm
    Pls inform your friends facing this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lunarpages has reported that their technical problems are fixed. So access should be improving (for those affected), though intermittent initially. We expect to be back to normalcy by Tuesday (EST).

We are taking some measures so that this doesn't occur in future.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR,
    I had authored a thread called 'kanchi Mutt Vs jayalalitha'which was around till yesterday&had attracted about 55 posts.There were the usual fights but AS FAR AS I KNOW nothing offensive/vulgar/demeaning was posted by anyone.I am unable to find the thread today,has it been deleted,if yes why?If at all you were justified in deleting it,the least that could have been done was to notify me about it as a private message or E-mail.Don't you think that much courtesy at least should be followed. If a thread is getting offensive,you have the right to delete it but plz notify the author about it.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear RR

Yes... I agree ... Radically... with Cinefan...

I have already put forth a detailed posting ... addressed to the Administarators...in that .... Section..... on Indian-Culture.

I am much UPSET to see the Luke-warm ...

... and ------ Response !!!... I got.. from the... Judge... Moderator ???...!!!

Why should you be allergic ... to any discussion ... when it turns into an Argument... It is the Reality of Life ... my Dear Administarators.

Why there are Courts of Laws... existing in each and every Country ?

... To allow for the fair chances... of Arguments from all the Relevant Corners...

... Accused and the Defendants... the Deadly Opponents as well...!!!

... Why?... what for ?... Only Arguments show light on the Truth...

Because ... it is the Scientific Approach... of what?.. Why?...and How?

You administrators... will not even pre-inform or Caution, or Warn or Advise ...

... the Persons Concerned... enabling them to Re-think, Realise, or even ....

... perhaps .. Repeant ....and Note it .... as a Blow... for Future Guidance..

.... For.. anybody.... in any Thread.... at any time... in Future..

My .... Dear... RR... RR... RR... Is it Fair?

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast