Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: padmarajan,bharathan films

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Is not Nyan Ghandharvan padmarajan's last film?
    why do you put that in "must see" list.It is a boring rambling movie.I didn't like the film at all.Had he lost his touch by then?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes njan gandharvan was his last film...in fact it was his dream project...it so happened tht he died after the film was released...padmarajans good works came towards his end...it was bharathan who lost touch at the later stages, he took movies like devaragam, churam, manjeeradwani, which we cannot consider movies with "bharanthan touch"

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

You r rite!

You are rite, Danny. Bharathan's last movies were really bad.
    "Manjeerdhwani' was not even released, was it?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,If I may interfere, towards his end Bharathan was trying to cope with a huge financial burden and was forced to take movies targeted at a larger audience,like Tamil and Telugu.He died with a huge debt burden,which his widow and actress K.P.A.C Lalita payed back with hard work and dignity.She even had to sell the house which was his dream.

I hold 'Devaragam',a good movie.I have watched most of their movies and believe,'Thakara' was a great film,where both
    worked together [It was in this movie, Nedumudi Venu played 'Chellappanassari',which still remains one of his memorable characters].

It was very adventurous for Padmarajan to take a movie like 'Njan Gandharvan',but great artistes take that risk.I admire them both and can't see a bad movie by any of them,except Churam.I still believe Bharathan was forced to do that movie.May be I am biased,but I am one of those people who remeber them both even after they pass away,just for their work.Their work was revolutionary and brought subjects that have not been thought about so far by script writers or directors[Take for example,'Rathi nirvedam].

Both Padmarajan and Bharathan were legendary for Malayalam Cinema.They led Malayalam film field to great heights,while their resources were very much limited compared to the other languages' film industries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12