View Poll Results: What ranks the best of King Federer's achievement (so far)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. 16 + Counting Grandslams

3 15.00%
  • 2. 237 Continous weeks as No 1;

5 25.00%
  • 3. 23 Consecutive Grandslam semifinals (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Australian Open)

5 25.00%
  • 4. 92-5 Win loss in the year 2006; 12 Titles ; Talk about almost total domination.

0 0%
  • 5. 44+ titles in Hard courts; 2 shy of tying all time leader Agassi.

0 0%
  • 6. 65 consecutive grass court match victories (2003 - 2008)

0 0%
  • 7. 56 consecutive hard court match victories (2005–2006)

0 0%
  • 8. 22 Grandslam Finals.

1 5.00%
  • 9. Only Player to win ATP WTF undefeated 4 times (2003, 2004, 2006, 2010).

0 0%
  • 10. The biggest of all; 5 Consecutive Wimbledons+ 5 Consecutive US Opens (Somebody defeat this feat!!)

6 30.00%
Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MN is a lesbian, whose got something up her miserable ass. I'm not even sure she likes Men's tennis as she gasps when it's brought up, on multiple occasions.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Federer retains his no.1 ranking and if Nadal stays at no.3, there will be a chance for them to meet in the SFs of the US Open. I know this is a little far fetched. But it does throw in some interesting possibilities....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    MN is a lesbian, whose got something up her miserable ass. I'm not even sure she likes Men's tennis as she gasps when it's brought up, on multiple occasions.
    அட்மின், எப்படிங்க இதுபோன்ற கருத்துக்களை எல்லாம் அனுமதிக்கிறிங்க? கண்டனங்கள். இது தட்ஸ்தமிழ் தர பின்னூட்டங்களுக்கு சற்றும் குறைந்ததல்ல.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For more homophobic, vulgar, sexist, racist, outrageously deplorable views. Stay tuned.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    "It's OK to break down, to let it all out"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/14785475.cms

"It's not enough to be No. 1"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/14786306.cms

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why???

Do u feel we have missed out on some achievements??
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post

Fedex will smile @ the poll options

Post Thanks / Like
    @ options 1, 8,9 and some missed such as 32 GS semifinals

BTW can't resist to utter

Is not Federer looks like James Bond?

AxbR9lTCIAEAEU2.jpg

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Attagaasa pic

Post Thanks / Like
    LONDON, July 10, 2012
    I never thought I’d be that good, Federer confesses

DPA

Roger Federer may be one of the greatest tennis players in history, but he is also a father whose twin daughters make sure he keeps his feet on the ground.

“I saw them this (Monday) morning and I asked them if they remembered yesterday (Sunday). One said ‘no’, but the other, ‘yeah — the clapping...’”, he says in a reference to the applause he received.

Maybe Myla Rose and Charlene Riva — his daughters — do not even need to keep him rooted. Federer is very conscious of who he is and of what he has achieved, but he is far from the arrogant image some British media attributed to him prior to the final he played against Scot Andy Murray.

“I do not know how other three-year-olds may understand, but mine almost understand the difference between a match and practice,” the Swiss tennis star said with a laugh. “Winning and losing, they don’t quite get that yet.” If Federer keeps up the level of tennis he has achieved over the past few months, his daughters will see more triumphs.

The sight of his wife Mirka and of his daughters at the stadium meant a lot for Federer.

When he won in 2003, he says, he did not expect to win at Wimbledon and to “have my kids see me lift the trophy. I was almost shocked in the moment itself that it all came together so nicely for me.”

What is Federer proudest of? “My whole career, I never thought I would be that good. I was considered a big talent, I was considered good in Switzerland first.” Nevertheless, being world number one was “more like a fantasy, a dream. (But) one thing leads to another. We had an extremely strong generation of players when I was coming along with Hewitt, Safin, Roddick, Ferrero and Tommy Haas.

“That pushed me to hang with them, not even being the best of that group, because clearly I was not. That really paved the way for me to always strive for more push and to finally become a true professional in my early 20s, which I still think is a bit late unfortunately, but the way my life worked it all happened at the right time. It really unlocked something for me and I won my first Grand Slam.” “It took a lot of pressure particularly from the media side. There were the doubts, the questions — is he ever going to achieve something or is he going to be one of those endless talents who never win a Grand Slam.

“I was able to do it then and things completely changed for me. I was able to maintain a long spell of wins that was what I was famous for not doing; I was famous for not being consistent. I was able to make the most out of my potential.”

Federer admits to finding warm-ups boring. But “it is part of the routine and it is part of what a pro player is doing these days,” says the man, who is also known to have pushed his head out of a New York taxi to scream his joy into the night. “I am not a robot,” Federer has said.

He is, however, extremely professional. “I’m stronger overall. I’m a man today — before, I was a boy — and growing into a man’s body is also difficult at times. I always listen to the signs of the body, to what it can take and not take. I work extremely hard.”

After winning practically everything, does he have dreams left? “I enjoy more as long as I am physically healthy. I’d like to enjoy the tour, the ride, the journey.”

Federer says there are things he’d like to achieve. “Last year, I was really hoping I could win Paris-Bercy (which he had not conquered yet).” He would also like to win a Grand Slam again. “Olympic gold is a dream for me, maybe Davis Cup, with great moments with my team members, all my best friends.

“Of course there are many things I’d like to achieve, but it’s not what fuels me every day, it’s not what I need to wake up every day.”

After the triumph of Novak Djokovic in 2011, Federer’s return changes some things in tennis — though not that many, he says. “Not in a big way.” But “it changes the dynamics now, I guess different semifinals. It is going to be harder for Novak and Rafa (Nadal) to find themselves in the finals now because they could face each other in the semis.”

Federer says he does not want to represent Switzerland for the third time in the inauguration of the Olympics, and also reveals he will not live in the Olympic Village in London in 2012.

“It is too far way. I did it in Athens when I was world number one, and it was distracting in a good way. But I just thought I’ve had the Olympic experience in the past.” Now he does not want to change his routine. “It’s the Olympics, so it’s a bit egoistic, but in some ways you have to do it that way. I stayed at the hotel in Beijing. It felt a bit odd, making it seem like it is just another tournament, but I got gold and I look back at this one as one of the great accomplishments in my life.”

Keywords: Roger Federer, Wimbledon

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis/article3624358.ece

Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast