View Poll Results: What ranks the best of King Federer's achievement (so far)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. 16 + Counting Grandslams

3 15.00%
  • 2. 237 Continous weeks as No 1;

5 25.00%
  • 3. 23 Consecutive Grandslam semifinals (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Australian Open)

5 25.00%
  • 4. 92-5 Win loss in the year 2006; 12 Titles ; Talk about almost total domination.

0 0%
  • 5. 44+ titles in Hard courts; 2 shy of tying all time leader Agassi.

0 0%
  • 6. 65 consecutive grass court match victories (2003 - 2008)

0 0%
  • 7. 56 consecutive hard court match victories (2005–2006)

0 0%
  • 8. 22 Grandslam Finals.

1 5.00%
  • 9. Only Player to win ATP WTF undefeated 4 times (2003, 2004, 2006, 2010).

0 0%
  • 10. The biggest of all; 5 Consecutive Wimbledons+ 5 Consecutive US Opens (Somebody defeat this feat!!)

6 30.00%
Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa!! Great pic vinod.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    roger u simply great one more thalaiva...waiting for tat moment....go feddy go...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ரோஜெர், வயசானாலும் அந்த ஆட்டத்தின் நேர்த்தி மட்டும் இன்னும் குறையவே இல்லை!!!
    வாழ்த்துக்கள்!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    for the 7th time Wimbledon Champion

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m_karthik View Post
    Voted for 237 continuous weeks as No.1

If he regains No.1 again after dropping to No.3, I would consider that as the biggest achievement... hoping this to happen before Wimbledon'2011
    Roger Federer

Post Thanks / Like
    sachin tendulkar ‏@sachin_rt
    Roger the real champion!!!

Rahul Dravid ‏@its_RahulDravid
    sports is nothing without emotions, and it was the most emotional match in recent times. where heart wanted both guys to win

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tamizharasan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Federer, the most complete player of all time without any doubt.Looking at how well he is volleyed and if the wimbledon courts had been faster like pre 2002 then federer would have become the greatest volleyer of all time. Is there anything that he is not capable of doing? Thanks for giving a such a wonderful era of tennis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roger Federer

Fedex will smile @ the poll options

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess Federer is a hot favourite for the olympics...Will be interesting to see as to how things pan out for him....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
    FEDERER WINS SEVENTH WIMBLEDON CROWN
    Wimbledon, England
    by ATP Staff | 08.07.2012

Roger Federer will return to World No. 1 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on Monday after winning a record-equalling seventh Wimbledon crown with victory over Great Britain’s Andy Murray.

Watched by Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge, the 30-year-old Swiss defeated the fourth-ranked Murray 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4 on Sunday in the final of The Championships, which lasted three hours and 24 minutes.

“Today was unique because of playing Andy,” said Federer. “Obviously, being able to play or finish a match under the roof, I don't think that's ever been done before here for a final. So that's been different, as well. I'm happy I got a victory today, but obviously it was very, very special."

Federer joined William Renshaw and Pete Sampras as the only seven-time winners at the All England Club, adding to his triumphs in 2003-2007 and 2009. He has a 66-7 record at the grass-court Grand Slam and was contesting his eighth final, with his only defeat coming to Rafael Nadal in 2008.

Federer also extended his own record by winning a 17th major singles title. It was his first Grand Slam crown since defeating Murray in the Australian Open final in 2010. He won his first major trophy at Wimbledon in 2003 (d. Philippoussis).

When Federer returns to World No. 1 he will tie Sampras’ all-time record of 286 weeks in the top spot. At 30 years and 335 days, he is the second-oldest man to hold the No. 1 ranking, behind Andre Agassi who was 33 years and 131 days old. He was dethroned from the top spot by Nadal on 7 June 2010.

"This year, I guess, I decided in the bigger matches, to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting a bit more for the mistakes," said Federer. "This is, I guess, how you want to win Wimbledon, by going after your shots, believing you can do it, and that's what I was able to do today. It's special.

"This one hasn't quite sunk in yet for some reason. I guess I was trying to be so focused in the moment itself that when it all happened I was just so happy that it was all over and that the pressure was gone basically."

Federer has a 46-4 match record on the season and has won four ATP World Tour titles. Only David Ferrer has won more matches this season with 47 victories. The Basel native was victorious in Rotterdam (d. del Potro), Dubai (d. Murray) and at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Indian Wells (d. Isner) and Madrid (d. Berdych).

The 25-year-old Murray was bidding to end Great Britain’s 76-year wait for a male Grand Slam champion; since Fred Perry triumphed at the 1936 US championships. The Scot tasted defeat in a Grand Slam final for the fourth time, having finished runner-up to Federer at the 2008 US Open and the 2010 Australian Open, and to Novak Djokovic at the 2011 Australian Open.

“I thought I played a pretty good match,” said Murray. “[There was] a lot of close shots, a lot of close games, a lot of break points here and there. He played very, very well the last two sets especially. When the roof closed, he played unbelievable tennis.”

Murray dropped to a 32-10 record in 2012, highlighted by winning the title in Brisbane (d. Dolgopolov) and reaching the finals in Dubai and Miami (l. to Djokovic). He was also a semi-finalist at the Australian Open, falling to Djokovic in five sets.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...al-Report.aspx

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast