View Poll Results: What ranks the best of King Federer's achievement (so far)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. 16 + Counting Grandslams

3 15.00%
  • 2. 237 Continous weeks as No 1;

5 25.00%
  • 3. 23 Consecutive Grandslam semifinals (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Australian Open)

5 25.00%
  • 4. 92-5 Win loss in the year 2006; 12 Titles ; Talk about almost total domination.

0 0%
  • 5. 44+ titles in Hard courts; 2 shy of tying all time leader Agassi.

0 0%
  • 6. 65 consecutive grass court match victories (2003 - 2008)

0 0%
  • 7. 56 consecutive hard court match victories (2005–2006)

0 0%
  • 8. 22 Grandslam Finals.

1 5.00%
  • 9. Only Player to win ATP WTF undefeated 4 times (2003, 2004, 2006, 2010).

0 0%
  • 10. The biggest of all; 5 Consecutive Wimbledons+ 5 Consecutive US Opens (Somebody defeat this feat!!)

6 30.00%
Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Still Roger is not confirmed that he will play Rome. He said he is tired and exhausted and he will decide on Wednesday based on his fitness.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omega, So after when is he back to 2nd rank??

Post Thanks / Like
    Adhu velayadaradhukku summa irukkalam.
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Still Roger is not confirmed that he will play Rome. He said he is tired and exhausted and he will decide on Wednesday based on his fitness.

Post Thanks / Like
    MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2012
    FEDERER CAPTURES 20TH MASTERS 1000 CROWN
    Madrid, Spain
    by ATP Staff | 13.05.2012

Roger Federer will return to No. 2 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on Monday after winning a record-equalling 20th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title on Sunday in Madrid. The Swiss defeated Tomas Berdych 3-6, 7-5, 7-5 in the final of the Mutua Madrid Open.

"It’s been a great spell and I couldn’t be more happy right now coming off a break winning right away," said Federer, who was playing his first tournament since early April. "It’s always an ideal scenario for what’s to come."

The 30-year-old Federer tied Nadal’s short-lived record for most ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies. The Spaniard clinched his 20th title last month at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters (d. Djokovic). Federer is the all-time leader with 258 Masters 1000 match wins and won his first of the coveted trophies in Hamburg in 2003.

Federer’s return to No. 2 will see him hold the position for the first time since the week of 14 March, 2011. The Basel native has been in blistering form over the past eight months. Since losing out to Novak Djokovic in the US Open semi-finals, Federer has compiled a 45-3 match record and has lost prior to the semi-finals just once in nine tournaments (l. to Roddick 3rd Rd in Miami).

Federer captured an ATP World Tour-best fourth title of the season, adding to triumphs in Rotterdam (d. del Potro), Dubai (d. Murray) and Indian Wells (d. Isner). He was contesting his first clay-court tournament of the year, and was extended to a third set tie-break in his Madrid opening match against Milos Raonic.

“I was worried about getting through the first round and was not even thinking about who was going to be my second round opponent," he said. "I was very realistic coming into this event. Confidence is coming back. I was away and it didn’t take much for me to get my confidence back, especially now that I’ve been playing so well for the past nine months."

Berdych made the better start to the final, breaking straight away for a 2-0 lead. The Czech was denied a set point chance in the eighth game, but closed it out on serve in the following game. Federer looked set to level the match after an early service break in the second set, but squandered a set point in the ninth game as Berdych fought back to level. A double fault from the Czech proved costly in the 12th game, though, as Federer broke once more to steal the set.

After saving two break points at the start of the third set, Federer broke through in the eighth game courtesy of successive double faults from Berdych, who had just rallied from 0/40 with three aces. However, Berdych again hit back, breaking immediately to level up at 5-5. The Czech’s lives ran out in the 12th game. He recovered from a 0/40 deficit, but could not deny Federer on his fourth match point as he prevailed in two hours and 38 minutes.

"It was tough. I was almost down the entire time," admitted Federer. "Finally I got the break in the third, and then he broke back. Things got tough again. I played great. It's always special winning a title 7-5 in the third. The crowd was amazing so I'm very happy."

It was Federer’s 11th win in 15 meetings with Berdych. He came into the clash with the Czech player having lost three of their past five matches, including defeat in the 2010 Wimbledon quarter-finals.

Federer triumphed in Madrid for the third time in five finals. The right-hander lifted the trophy for the first time in 2006 (d. Gonzalez), when it was an indoor hard-court tournament, before regaining the trophy in 2009 (d. Nadal) on clay. He was runner-up in 2007 (l. to Nalbandian) and 2010 (l. to Nadal).

World No. 7 Tomas Berdych was bidding to win his second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown, following victory in Paris in 2005. This season’s Montpellier champion (d. Monfils) dropped to a 7-7 record in tour-level finals. He had been in impressive form throughout the week at La Caja Magica, storming through to the final without dropping a set, including victories over Fernando Verdasco and Juan Martin del Potro.

"I would just say that it was a very close game," assessed Berdych. "You sometimes need to make those small adjustments to win a match like this, but it wasn't my case today.

"The week was great until the last day," he continued. "Right now I am really upset and I am sad because of how I finished it. I lost the final but in a couple of hours I am going to see it in a more positive way. I had a great week, I beat a lot of great guys and made it to the finals."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...s-Berdych.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Adhu velayadaradhukku summa irukkalam.
    He had to play. He had to produce medical fitness certificate if he can't play. Otherwise there will sanctions.
    Monte Carlo is non-compulsory.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As there are no announcements yet, I think Roger will play @ Rome tommorrow.
    It looks like he could reach Semis on paper w/o much ado..

The season ahead looks very packed with no time to recover.
    Next week will be the only time off between Now & Wimbledon.
    If he runs deep into FO like last year, he would prefer to skip Halle, the only grass event (ATP 250) prior to Wimbledon.
    Whenever he has won Halle, he has done well @ Wimbledon too. This time around Novak & Nadal also will be at Halle.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/6753

Federer passes $70 million in Career Tournament Prize Money

New world No. 2 Roger Federer passed $70 million in career tournament prize money following his title last week at the Mutua Madrid Open. Federer has earned $70,512,279 throughout his celebrated career which started in 1998. Federer, a winner of 74 singles titles including 16 majors and 20 Masters 1000s, has earned $3,082,343 so far this season.

Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast