View Poll Results: What ranks the best of King Federer's achievement (so far)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. 16 + Counting Grandslams

3 15.00%
  • 2. 237 Continous weeks as No 1;

5 25.00%
  • 3. 23 Consecutive Grandslam semifinals (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Australian Open)

5 25.00%
  • 4. 92-5 Win loss in the year 2006; 12 Titles ; Talk about almost total domination.

0 0%
  • 5. 44+ titles in Hard courts; 2 shy of tying all time leader Agassi.

0 0%
  • 6. 65 consecutive grass court match victories (2003 - 2008)

0 0%
  • 7. 56 consecutive hard court match victories (2005–2006)

0 0%
  • 8. 22 Grandslam Finals.

1 5.00%
  • 9. Only Player to win ATP WTF undefeated 4 times (2003, 2004, 2006, 2010).

0 0%
  • 10. The biggest of all; 5 Consecutive Wimbledons+ 5 Consecutive US Opens (Somebody defeat this feat!!)

6 30.00%
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations buddy!!!. Hope it's a boy!!

“It's a great problem to have. It's nice seeing it turning around for him. I hope I can make it to the finals. Clearly when you're in the semis you start dreaming. There's no doubt about that,” added Federer, who revealed he spent the fifth set of Wawrinka’s match fist pumping and high-fiving his pregnant wife, Mirka.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Reaction.aspx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.thehindu.com/sports/%E0...cle5654352.ece

டேவிஸ் கோப்பை காலிறுதி: ஃபெடரர் பங்கேற்கிறார்

வரும் ஏப்ரலில் நடைபெறவுள்ள ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்து-கஜகஸ்தான் இடையிலான டேவிஸ் கோப்பை போட்டியில் விளையாடவுள்ளதாக முன்னாள் முதல்நிலை வீரரான ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்தின் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

17 கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் பட்டங்கள் வென்றவரான ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர், இதுவரை டேவிஸ் கோப்பையை வென்றதில்லை. இந்த நிலையில் அவர் டுவிட்டரில் கூறியிருப்பதாவது: ஏப்ரலில் நடைபெறவுள்ள கஜகஸ்தானுக்கு எதிரான டேவிஸ் கோப்பை போட்டியில் எங்கள் அணியின் விளையாடாத கேப்டனான செவெரின், ஆஸ்திரேலிய ஓபன் சாம்பியன் ஸ்டானிஸ்லஸ் வாவ்ரிங்கா ஆகியோருடன் இணைந்து விளையாடவிருக்கிறேன் என்று குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளார்.

ஃபெடரர் சர்வதேச தரவரிசையில் 8-வது இடத்திலும், வாவ்ரிங்கா 3-வது இடத்திலும் உள்ளனர். எனவே முன்னணி வீரர்களான இவர்கள் இருவரைக் கொண்டுள்ள ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்து அணி காலிறுதியில் கஜகஸ்தானை வீழ்த்த வாய்ப்புள்ளது.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Federer can win another major title, says Sampras

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/30691470.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    Federer adds variety in his latest tweener...

6. Likes ajithfederer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    India is Federer's dream holiday destination!

"It would be fantastic if a friend could take us through the country to the different places, where we can taste the contrasting cultures that make up India. I want to go to Rajasthan, see the great Indian desert; I want to see the Taj Mahal. I'd like to travel down south, and the east and (the) west. I'm not sure if one trip is enough for India - there's so much to your country, an ancient civilization."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/31008250.cms

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eppdiyo thakku mukki Dubai la night stay potutaaru .

Post Thanks / Like
    Brain Game: Federer's Aggressive Gamble Pays Off

Federer’s stunning comeback was built around attacking the net in multiple ways and taking Djokovic out of his comfort zone of trading blows from the back of the court. The match was played in two halves, with Djokovic dominating the opening stanza and then Federer taking control to claim his first victory over the Serb in 18 months.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Djokovic.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2014
    FEDERER: BIGGER IS BETTER
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    by ATP Staff | 01.03.2014
    Federer
    © AFP/Getty Images

Roger Federer won his sixth Dubai title with a three-set victory over Tomas Berdych.

Roger Federer conveyed a sense of vindication in his recent racquet change following a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over Tomas Berdych in the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on Saturday.

Federer, who began using a larger racquet head at the start of the season, acknowledged his strong results in Dubai have established a newfound sense of mental clarity and comfort with his new weapon of choice.

“I'm just happy that now it's clear, I don't have to think of it, and I can just play tennis,” Federer said, referring to the uncertainty regarding his racquet. "It's not in the back of my mind anymore, Is this racquet good or not? I was convinced in practice, but then you hope that the results are going to follow and they did.

“When you can play that way, you're more free, you have an open mind. That's when you are more successful. I'm very happy."

His rejuvenated form in 2014, highlighted by runs to the final in Brisbane (l. to Hewitt) and semi-finals at the Australian Open (l. to Nadal), have given back to the Swiss some confidence in his abilities that he felt was lacking in the big points in matches.

“I’m happy that the results are paying off, especially in quick succession. I have only just switched (racquets), and here I am, already getting to the finals in Brisbane, semis at the Australian Open, I won my Davis Cup match, and now here I am with a trophy.”

Watch Final Highlights

Federer clinched his first title since winning on the grass of Halle last June, registering comeback victories over Top 10 opponents in consecutive matches in the semi-finals (d. defending champion Djokovic) and final. Those clutch performances under pressure against two rivals had the Swiss describing his week in the desert as “one of those I needed right now.”

The 32 year old, who also rallied from a 0-2 deficit in the deciding set against Radek Stepanek in the second round, added, “There is a lot of pressure. Sometimes I have been disappointed with my play when it really mattered. Same against Stepanek in the third (set) when things got tough there against me as well. I was able to come up with the goods. It's one of those tournaments.”

Federer will travel to Indian Wells for the first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event of the year, the BNP Paribas Open, which begins 6 March. He is a four-time champion (2004-06, 2012).

Match Summary

Federer won his 78th career title on the ATP World Tour with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 win over No. 3 Tomas Berdych.
    Federer moved into sole possession of No. 3 on the Open Era titles list behind Jimmy Connors (109) and Ivan Lendl (94).
    It is the third time in his career Federer rallied from a set down in the semi-finals and final to win an ATP World Tour title (’13 Halle, ’07 Hamburg).
    It is the first time since 2012 Wimbledon he defeated Top 10 opponents in the semi-finals and final.
    Federer has now won at least one ATP World Tour title for the past 14 years (since 2001).
    Federer is 4-1 against Top 10 opponents this season, already equaling last year’s wins total (4-10).
    It is his sixth Dubai title in eight finals and he’s defeated six different opponents: 2003 (d. Novak), ‘04 (d. F Lopez), ‘05 (d. Ljubicic), ‘07 (d. Youznhy),‘12 (d. Murray) and ’14 (d. Berdych). He also has won six-plus titles at three other tournaments: Wimbledon (7), Halle (6) and the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (6).
    Berdych’s career-best 11-match winning streak was snapped with his second straight runner-up in Dubai (l. to Djokovic last year).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Reaction.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Federer is 4-1 against Top 10 opponents this season, already equaling last year’s wins total (4-10).
    Federer's only defeat this season has been to Rafael Nadal, in the Australian Open semifinal.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast