Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FUTURE INDIAN CAPTAIN VIRAT KOHLI

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    sachin not in the list... so wat does that mean?
    SS, you serious? Sachin started opening the innings only in his 70th innings and he got his 1st 100 in his 79th inns.

He got his 13th 100 in 181st inns hence he is not in the above list. If you take from the time he started opening then 13 100s in 112 innings .

And the 13th 100 is the first 100 he got in 1998 which was his golden year with 9 100s. By the end of 1998 he had 21 100s in 207 innings (138 inns since he started opening) :Beat That:.

IIRC, before 1998 Mark Va, Lara, Anwar and Sachin all had ~12-13 hundreds and there was some tough competition. But by the end of 1998 that particular record turned out to be a no contest .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    naan sollavandhadhu innaanaa:
    andha list avlo perumaikkuriya visayam illa... andha listla edampudikkalaenaalum innakki sachin ellaarukum maela irukkaar...
    adappOngayya..
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
    Vinod, Amla is on target to reach 5000 runs by 86 innings
    Wizzy, just checked Amla's stats. $^%&$*$& unbelievable. I never interested in looking at his stats because avan evalo adichalumm valikaatha maariyae irunthuchu. It's time to follow his stats. Not interested in his game.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dabur amla 9 hundreds and 18 50's in 56 innings. The conversion rate is un freaking beliavble.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^must his friar look which allows him to operate under the radar but he is so underrated wrt odies..nam kalathu W.G. Grace..may be Virat should grow a beard.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPNSTAR interview with V Kohli, Excerpts:

Boria Majumdar: From Sydney to Adelaide how do you describe the transformation in Virat Kohli? It was just a matter of weeks but you seem to have progressed to a different level of maturity in those two weeks in January earlier this year. And what has followed seems surreal to say the least.

Virat Kohli: At Sydney I was down and out. You can call it the worst mental state of my career. When we boarded the bus for the airport on the way to Perth I spoke to myself and remember saying that I had seen the worst. I was being written off, was about to get dropped and people were questioning my ability to play Test cricket.

Everything that could go wrong had gone wrong. It was about self-belief. I kept telling myself that the eight hundreds I had scored in international cricket were no flash in the pan. Yes they were in one day matches but hundreds don’t come easy. I closed myself to the outside world and tried to reach a state of mental equilibrium, which I was able to do. I was in a zone where I had shut myself from everything. It worked and I managed to get some runs at Perth.

BM: And Adelaide?

VK: When I went into bat at the Adelaide Oval we had already lost a few wickets and it isn’t a great feeling to go into bat under pressure. However, Perth had given me enough confidence to feel I could stay out there and take the fight to the Australians.

There was a lot of talk in the middle and it was important to show that I wasn’t one who could be bullied. The crowd had targeted me in Sydney and I had learnt my lesson and was extremely determined to stand my ground at Adelaide.

It was important to demonstrate that we had gone to play some real serious cricket and were no pushovers. I am glad I was able to do so and that hundred I must say changed everything for me.

BM: Lets focus on what is at hand Virat. There is so much talk about the Indians not playing to the spirit of the game by not giving the English, good spinners to play against in Mumbai. I am aware that you believe giving them turners is the right thing to do in the Test matches but I am interested in knowing your thoughts on these tactics?

VK: I think we have done the right thing. No one says a word when we are on an away tour and similar tactics are employed against us. We never complain if you remember.

I think it is clearly pressure telling on the English that they have started to crib even before the tour has started. They are feeling the heat and all this talk is proof. As far as Michael Vaughn is concerned, who was first off the blocks, I think it was in extremely poor taste what he said of VVS Laxman last year during the snicko meter incident.

I couldn’t believe a former England captain could say what he did. This is international cricket and if you are a good side you should be up for the challenge.

BM: And what about yourself? How are you approaching the challenge at hand? Needless to say there is a lot of expectation from you this time round?

VK: I am happy people are expecting a lot from me. I would much rather be in this position of premier batsman than it being the other way round. This is where I had always wanted to be, to do it for India in tough situations against quality opposition. Special performances against a tough opposition on tough tours is the hallmark of a very good player and that’s what I want to do with consistency.

BM: So is it fair to say that you have started to take more responsibility within the team? And now that VVS and Rahul aren’t there anymore it is only natural that we will look up to you in the middle order alongside Sachin.

VK: I would definitely like to believe so. I want to give my teammates the feeling that when I am batting they can relax and feel assured that we are in control. As a batsman that is what my job is and it is important I play my part to perfection. You have to stand up to these challenges if you want to be recognized as a good test cricketer and that’s what I aim to do in the coming months.

BM: A word on Sachin please. I know you are a serious admirer of him, but he needs this series as much as anyone else does. There is so much talk about him, his retirement, his contribution to the team. He does need all the support we can possibly give him isn’t it?

VK: I don’t know if I should say this but I am ashamed that Indians are questioning Sachin for having had a few bad months. It is time to look back at the countless moments of joy he has given us all in the last 23 years he has played the game and only then can we realise what he has achieved.

For me he is the one who inspired me to play the game and I find it disgusting that people are questioning his ability and raising a finger at him. As Indians we should just let him be and salute him for all that he has done for India and Indian cricket. It is only a matter of time before he gets big runs and I am absolutely certain it is going to happen very very soon.

BM: Let me ask you this- how much of the challenge is mental and is about confidence and how much is about skill and technical ability? For example we have seen the very technically correct batsman failing to handle pressure while the not so correct player has come through the ranks with flying colours?

VK: I would say it is 80% mental and is about confidence. It is largely a battle in the mind and to be able to win this battle is the most crucial thing. 20% is about being skilled and technically sound. No more than that. Unless you are ready for the battle mentally you will never be successful no matter how technically sound you are. And that’s where I feel we have an edge. All this talk about spin is proof that the English are vulnerable. It will no doubt be a very good series but we definitely have the upper hand going into the contest.

BM: Final question- do you agree with the labelling of “Revenge Series” or “Payback time?”

VK: No, I don’t. We aren’t going into battle, we are going to play cricket. I would like to say it is a very tough series between two quality cricket sides. At the same time there is little doubt that we would love to win the contest. Playing at home in our own conditions we’d sure want to excel in all departments of the game and beat the English.

http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/excl...ion-Sachin%22/
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala_rasigan View Post
    சச்சின் பதினைந்து சதங்களை எட்டியது அவருடைய 182-ஆவது விளையாட்டுப் போட்டியில். விராட் கோலி இந்த இலக்கை 106 விளையாட்டுப் போட்டிகளில் கடந்திருக்கிறார். உண்மையிலேயே பெரிய சாதனைதான். சக இந்தியனாக பெருமை கொள்ள வேண்டிய விஷயம் இது.

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/2014-02-...27%253A-Collie

‘நான் தவறு செய்துள்ளேன்’: கோலி

‘நான் தவறு செய்துள்ளேன்’: கோலி

இந்திய கிரிக்கெட் அணியின் முக்கியத் தூண்களில் ஒருவரான விராட் கோலி, ஆபத்பாந்தவராக பல நேரங்களில் அணியைக் காப்பாற்றுபவர். அதேவேளையில், ஆக்ரோஷத்துக்கும் பெயர் பெற்றவர்.

இப்போது, தனது கிரிக்கெட் வாழ்க்கையின் ஆரம்பத்தில் சில தவறுகளை செய்துள்ளதாக ஒப்புக்கொண்டிருக்கும் கோலி, ‘கோபத்தில் வார்த்தைகளைப் பயன்படுத்துவது தேவையற்ற ஒன்று’ என்பதை தற்போது தான் உணர்ந்துவிட்டதாகத் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

25 வயதான விராட் கோலியின் ஆட்டத்திறன் எந்த அளவு புகழப்படுகிறதோ, அதே அளவுக்கு அவரது கோபம் குறித்து விமர்சனக் கணைகளும் பாய்கின்றன. இதனால்தான் கோலி மேற்கண்ட தன்னிலை விளக்கத்தைக் கொடுத்திருப்பதாகத் தோன்றுகிறது.

களத்தில் தனது கோபத்துக்கு எதிரணி வீரர்களின் செயல்பாடும் ஒரு காரணம் என்கிறார் கோலி. சமீபத்தில்கூட, நியூசிலாந்து அணிக்கு எதிரான ஒருநாள் போட்டியில் அந்த அணியின் பந்துவீச்சாளர் தன்னை ஆத்திரமூட்டும் வகையில் முறைத்துப்பார்த்ததை விராட் கோலி சுட்டிக்காட்டினார்.

அதற்கு தானும் திருப்பி கோபப் பார்வை பார்த்தபோதிலும், வார்த்தைப் பிரயோகம் எதையும் மேற்கொள்ளவில்லை என்பது அவரது கருத்து.

டோனிக்குப் பிறகு இயல்பாகவே அணித் தலைமையை ஏற்கப் போகிறவர் கோலி. தலைவருக்கு பொறுமை மிகவும் முக்கியம். அதை கோலி வளர்த்துக்கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்பதே விமர்சகர்களின் கருத்தாக உள்ளது.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast