Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuala Lumpur Experiences

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நன்றி P_R/Bala. Will contact immediat. Ingana irukkura consulate-aiyum visaarikkanum. I may not have 4-5 days during my India trip next month to wait on it.. Anyway lets see how it goes..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    நன்றி P_R/Bala. Will contact immediat. Ingana irukkura consulate-aiyum visaarikkanum. I may not have 4-5 days during my India trip next month to wait on it.. Anyway lets see how it goes..
    People travelling to Singapore from U.S. may be able to get a visitor visa on the airport. (My wife & kids visited S'pore that way a couple of years back when they had almost a day's gap on their travel plans but it was en-route)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    People travelling to Singapore from U.S. may be able to get a visitor visa on the airport. (My wife & kids visited S'pore that way a couple of years back when they had almost a day's gap on their travel plans but it was en-route)...
    Thank you a_e. I guess they have stopped issuing visa on arrival for Indian nationals. And we plan on going from India and coming back to India.

I actually got the Singapore visa. This piece of info may be useful to future travelers - Singapore visa process is extremely easy. They issue e-visas. This was the first time I heard of such a term. All you need to know is some PR/citizen from Singapore who can apply for you using his/her SingPass. Applied online, (you just need to upload a picture, give some basic details on that form) at around 6 a.m. Singapore time and I got the e-visa issued at around 4 p.m. the same day. Excellent process

But Malaysia aint e-visa I guess.. As far as I have seen Malaysia's govt. websites are very shoddy. They have a consulate in the USA and when I asked about visa requirements, they simply hung up on me.
    Last edited by Nerd; 21st November 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    As far as I have seen Malaysia's govt. websites are very shoddy. They have a consulate in the USA and when I asked about visa requirements, they simply hung up on me.
    vetkka paduren vEdhanai padurEn....

pls see whether this is of any help...

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/requ...-for-foreigner

BTW, should we prepare for a KL Hubbers Meet?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly useful NOV. Anyway I am going to contact a travel agency in Chennai to get the Msian visa. They said the turnaround time is 2 days.

As for the hubbers meet, I may not have the time. Too many things to do in KL/Penang/Genting and too little time (3 days). And we are a big group too (Father, Mother, Bro, Sis-in-law, nephew, niece + us). So don't know if I can steal some time. Will let you know if I can..

I found the other posts in this thread very helpful. Thanks to you and P_R.

1 question - The train website (sing-Msia) does not work or I don't know how to query it.. (http://www.ktmb.com.my) I chose singapore and KL sentral it does not show any trains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you want to take the train, esp since you are rushing for time. Flight from Singapore to KL is only 30 mins, while it will take abt 6 hours by train.

For train route, go here: http://ktmintercity.com.my/default.asp?id=25&mnu=2
    Choose North & South line
    I think there are only two trains - one early in the morning and one late at night.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Why do you want to take the train, esp since you are rushing for time. Flight from Singapore to KL is only 30 mins, while it will take abt 6 hours by train.

For train route, go here: http://ktmintercity.com.my/default.asp?id=25&mnu=2
    Choose North & South line
    I think there are only two trains - one early in the morning and one late at night.
    Thank you NOVji. Flights are expensive unless you take an early morning or late night. Those are fine too but Fri late night and Sat early morning are not cheap and thats when we want to go Anyway I guess even trains aint that cheap. Still exploring the options..

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Air Asia http://www.airasia.com/my/en/home.html
    Cheap no-frills flight

Just tried for Jan 10th midday - the cost pp is just 36 Sing dollars or 27USD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did try Airasia/Tiger/Jetstar. Dec 22nd eve-night or 23rd early morning is expensive. Btw we booked the return (to India) through airasia, got the promo fair. 8 tickets for around 47K INR. This is including seat selections, 4 pieces of check-in baggage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. Include the meal too.
    btw, make sure you check in online, otherwise you will have to pay for it at the airport.

for your sing-KL journey, suggest you take a bus.
    4 hours ride only

This is one of the better ones: https://www.aeroline.com.sg/sin_kul.html

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast