Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Kuala Lumpur Experiences

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    adhu eppadi ennai paarththu ippadi oru kElvi kEtkareenga annaa?
    neenga oru nadu nilai thavaratha, nyayam maratha, nermai pirazhatha, neethi vazhuvatha manushan enbathalthan kaetten ! ennavo soppana sundariyai pathi kaetta madhiri aluthukureengale ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    OK.. OK.. Sorry for the long delay...

anyway its time and destiny which makes everything happen or to fade away.
    Hope now the time has come to continue my travellogue about the Malaysian trip.

Among all the carriers from India to Malaysia, Malaysia Airlines can be tagged as the best.
    Though the fare is on the higher side, I heard that in other areas like punctuality and hospitality it is better than other airlines.

In Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), there are two terminal buildings. If your plane lands and taxies to any terminal gate that starts with the letter C then you are in the Satelite Building.
    You have to catch an aerotrain which takes about 3 minutes to reach the Main Building. Else if your gate number starts with G or H then you are directly connected to the Visitors Hall.

(NOV anna informed me that most of the flights from Chennai land at the Satellite building and I have to catch the aero train. Hence, I was unaware that they pushed me out to the Main Building!
    I was searching for the aerotrain and moved in the walkalator and reached the entrance in 5 minutes. Moreover I heard that its normal for the immigaration check to consume at least half an hour with a long queue in which you move like a snail.

But It took not even 7 minutes and I was out in the green channel. It took only 12 minutes to reach from the plane to the visitors hall. Malaysia is really romba faaaaaaaast.

--------------------------

As annaa was not in the vicinity, I thought some OC phones (kikiki) may be available to check his status. But I was out of the airport lounge and the phones require one malaysian ringgitt for local calls.
    I had only currency notes and no change. When I was thinking of converting a note, suddenly one person with luggage trolley, who was also waiting nearby came to me and asked whether I am new to KL.

When my response was positive, he advised my wife not to wear costly jewellery. He introduced himself as a Malaysian Indian, who was returning from Nepal. He then helped me by lending his mobile to call anna.

Anna was surprised to know that we were out of immigration check and waiting. Anyway within a short time he reached and welcomed us.

I was so happy that the first experience in Malaysia is nice and created a feel that they have tendency to help freshers.

aduthathu enna ?

I dont want to elongate my experience. But will write short notes about the places and incidents which are interesting..

( will continue....)

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... aanaa innum mail meal varala
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    anna.. aduthathu melur malligai-than !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu View Post
    anna.. aduthathu melur malligai-than !!
    oru maasamaachu... innumaa melur varala?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Places to Visit: KLCC / Petronas Twin Towers

1. You can go up to the skybridge on the 41st floor and get a commanding view of KL.

GO EARLY: Here is how the system works: Tickets to the skybrige are given FREE between 8.00 am and 12.00pm. You have to queue to get the tickets. Your ticket will tell you what time your tour will be. After getting the ticket, do your tour of the rest of KLCC and come back to the Towers at the appointed time. You and your group will be shown a short film on the history behind the towers and then will be taken up the skybrige via super-sonic lifts. Note that this is an accompanied, limited-time tour. You are allowed to take photos/video throughout the tour.
    Tickets are NO LONGER free and cost RM80 now!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes.. yes.. Next is about Shri Melur Restaurant.. Shri malligai uNavagam.

The problem with me is Melur is ringing me in my mind as the name of a town and therefore I thought the restaurant is maintained by someone from Melur in Tamilnadu. Thats the reason I was totally tumbled down when I found that Melur means Jasmine in Malay/

It is a very cosy place situated in Subang Jaya at Kualalumpur.

Though I was ready to try Nasi lemak the vegtarian version is mostly not available in most of the places. That doesnt mean there less vegetarian dishes.
    The lovely roti canai is one among the tasty dishes of Sri Melur Jaya Restoran.

anyway... the lovely appam with coconut milk will always be the selection if anyone just see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Planning to go to Malayasia and Thailand this summer with my parents. How much is it going to cost for three people in INR (reasonable itinerary, decent accommodation) . Is it advisable to book the trip with a travel agent or will I be able to handle all the logistics on my own? I don't want to spend more than couple of days in either country. Also thinking of going to Sumatra/Bali. Was going through one package. For 4N/5D these people are demanding 80K per person.

Post Thanks / Like
    annaa, do continue your thodar
    neenga pOi naanum vara pOrEn, thodar innum mudiyavillai

Rbee, 80K per person is too expensive. If the three of you are sharing a room, a moderate hotel room should be Rs3K-4K per day.
    If you only want to spend 2 days in Malaysia, I suggest you just visit Kuala Lumpur.
    Bangkok would be a good idea too. And Bali should definitely be on your itinerary.

Do check out your airlines packages, which can include accommodation and tours too.

Post Thanks / Like
    aahaa... yaaravadhu idhai thodara solla mattangala appadinnu parthen.

Anna.. kadasila neengalum, naanumthan padikka poroma ?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast