Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Past, Present and Future of Indian Spin - Harbhajan Singh

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    Shastri and another WI commentator were discussing about the same yesterday too. Even RS was not sounding convincing while bigging up Harbhajan. Seasoned campaigner, fire in the belly etc etc Ingaiye wicket edukka mudiyalainna Australia poi enna kizhikka poraan
    for the last 2 years aggressive bowlers-nu our buildup eppo fire in the belly..the fire might be due to something else Shastrival isn't even forthcoming with his praise for Ashwin/Ojha..eppomae oru backhanded compliment thaen
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile, conversation in Ambani household. Mukesh: Look Nita, I understand you are bored and I bought you that IPL team to play with. I am fine that you flirt with that sardar boy. Yeah, he won the trophy for you. But the line has got to be drawn somewhere. You can't waste money on boozing commentators to get them to campaign for this boy. Next time I catch you spending money on that boy, divorce only

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greatbong: For a second, I thought it was Harbhajan Singh who, true to form, has gone and slapped Pawar for being dropped from the side
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 5-6 years of cricket in me: Harbhajan
    http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...n-me-harbhajan

"I do have another 5-6 years of cricket in me. I think I can still contribute to the side for some time," Harbhajan insisted.

"Competition is good for the side, I am not afraid of competition. If I was afraid of competition, I wouldn't have played international cricket for 13 years. If there is no competition, the level of the game will not rise," he said.

"I enjoy playing against Australia. They are very aggressive and we need to be aggressive to counter them or they will start dominating you. I still remember the famous series in 2001 where I took 32 wickets in 3 Tests and the Australian media gave me the name 'Turbanator'."
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinoo Mankad from Heaven: I still remember the time I scored a century and dismissed Bradman. Bradman was impressed and called me the best all-rounder in the world. I still have 50-60 years of Cricket left in me...

Post Thanks / Like
    I fear Weed will make a backdoor entry...TOIlet has upped the ante and have been publishing articles with a footnote,, Sadeja
    has joined in the chorus for his inclusion..Sunil/Ganguly column in this regard is very much expected to follow before the selection committee meeting..

Post Thanks / Like

Weed good enough to captain India: Gangs

whatya turn of events from not finding a place in the side to be seen as a contender to skipper the same side

This would be music to Harbhajan Singh's ears. The feisty off-spinner, who has been out of the national team since last summer, is enjoying captaining Team Mumbai of late, having captained them to the Champions League T20 title last September and then leading them to a win in their IPL 5 opener against defending champs and hosts Team Chennai on Wednesday night.

Sourav Ganguly, under whom Harbhajan flourished while playing for India, is mighty impressed with the offie's leadership qualities, and feels that the 98-Test veteran has enough mettle in him to even captain India one day.
    "His captaincy was brilliant in the CL20 last year and it was brilliant last night too. He has the ability to lead India. You could see that on the field, in his body language... he is always competitive on the park. I have said that he would always be there in my squad, any day, anytime... and I still maintain that. And I am saying that purely on the basis of how good he is," gushed Ganguly, on the eve of leading Team Pune against Bhajji's Team Mumbai at the Wankhede.
    non-playing captain

'Dada' feels that Tendulkar had good reasons to pass on the Team Mumbai captaincy baton to Harbhajan. "It was completely his personal decision. Over the years, we have seen that he has been reluctant to captain the Indian team when offers have been made. I also feel it had to do with Harbhajan having done well as a captain in CLT20 last year," Ganguly said
    never misses out on an opportunity to rub it in

"Like Sachin, I was not keen to be the captain as well. Unfortunately, Yuvraj Singh wasn't well and I had to take up this job," the ex-India skipper revealed.
    this is called covering all your bases

Post Thanks / Like
    seems Toi has come up with a new buzz word for Weed in this IPL season... 'Feisty'...features in all their news items.

from Shastrivals Toi column
    It was fun to watch a feisty Harbhajan Singh. His talent and spirit were never the questions. His physical reserves were low when the axe came. He was full of beans on Wednesday. Leadership is timely. Bhajji is most dangerous when he knows he is wanted.
    Vazhga/Valarga PR agencies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to a friend of mine bhajji wasnt doing the captaincy alone in the first match. He said sachin had an equal role to play in the bowling changes and field placements. So going by this, the fact of him being a great captain and his so called astuteness on field doesnt hold credence.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wizzy, You can't fault Ganguly for that. It is just his observation just like how people are jumping into conclusion that Kohli is the future captain.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast