Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacques Kallis Appreciation Thread

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    I still don't like him
    yEn?? Avaru unga kitta kadan kasu kadan vangeetu thirupi tharalaiya j/king
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jacques Kallis *FAIL* - Caught napping by Ponting - Australia v South Africa 1997/98

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #41 - 159*

I saw the innings, fluent-ta adichaapla. Initially he was struggling but adhukappuram chumma naasthi...

Post Thanks / Like
    205* - Surpassed his previous best.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kallis

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Batting & Fast-medium swing Bowling இரண்டிலும் தேர்ந்தவர்.. One of the greatest all-rounders of all time, being the only cricketer in the history of the game to hold more than 12,000 runs and 250 wickets in both one day and Test match cricket. இந்த நூற்றாண்டின் ஈடு இணையற்ற ஆள் இன் ஆள் அழகு ராஜா!. காளிங்க்னா ஒருவரே!

An innings-by-innings breakdown of Kallis' Test match batting career, showing runs scored (red bars) and the average of the last ten innings (blue line).

Last edited by venkkiram; 4th January 2012 at 10:58 PM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod - Nice snap, thanks for the post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like him much but diss is for may20th.

Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011-12

Kallis targetting 2015 World Cup

Firdose Moonda
    January 9, 2012

In 16 years of international cricket, Jacques Kallis has scored centuries against all nine other Test playing nations, has been part of series wins in Australia and England and has seen numerous ODI series victories. One thing he does not have, though, is a World Cup medal and it is that missing piece that is driving him to try to continue playing international cricket until at least 2015.

"The one thing I want to try and achieve is to be part of a team that can win a World Cup. That's a goal of mine," Kallis said after South Africa's victory in the third Test against Sri Lanka, in Cape Town. Kallis has played 317 ODIs, including five World Cups. He will turn 37 this year and will be 39 by the time the next World Cup takes place, in Australia and New Zealand, in 2015.

At the start of the summer local media expressed concern about what they called Kallis' dwindling reflexes, after he was worked over by Australia's 18-year-old fast bowler Pat Cummins, who trouble Kallis with his bouncer. Kallis said he did not read the reports and was only told about it by friends. His response on the field, though, was fierce.

He scored 224, his highest Test score, against Sri Lanka at Newlands, an aggressive pull shot the hallmark of his innings. He also extinguished doubts about his reflexes by taking six catches, five of which were at second slip. To cap it off, he took three wickets in Sri Lanka's second innings. It was an emphatic way to celebrate his 150th Test match and a screaming declaration of what he still has to offer South African cricket. "I couldn't have asked for it to have worked out better," Kallis said. "You dream of performances like that."

While he appeared closer to a teenager than someone entering his late 30s in Cape Town, Kallis has acknowledged that his workload needs to be managed. He did not bowl in the first innings at Newlands, after his marathon effort with the bat, because his captain Graeme Smith felt he "would not get much out of him."

Managing Kallis' bowling load could be key to prolonging his career. That could prove tricky due to the make-up of South Africa's bowling attack. With three aggressive fast bowlers and a legspinner in the side, Kallis is required to play a containing role with the ball, and if needed, to, in his words, "carry," the attack. In the shorter form of the game, he is unlikely to be used in the same capacity and less work with the ball could be vital as he targets 2015.

"I will take it year by year, month by month and game by game," he said. "No-one has the right to play in this side [without earning his place]. You've got to put in the performances for that. As long as I am enjoying it and putting in the performances, and the body holds, there's no reason for me to stop yet."

Kallis has been named in South Africa's squad for the first two ODIs against Sri Lanka, after which the selectors will decide on the group for the remaining three matches. Kallis said he hopes to play in all five fixtures although he recognises that he may be forced to pick which matches to play in the future.

"It looks like I will play all five matches. I said to Gary [Kirsten, the South Africa coach], we will have a look at it after the first two and we'll make a call from there. That will be the standard going forward. I have to be clever if I want to make it to the next World Cup."

Firdose Moonda is ESPNcricinfo's South Africa correspondent

Feeds: Firdose Moonda
    © ESPN EMEA Ltd.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-af...ry/548675.html
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 10th January 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Food for thought from Kallis intree:

You know how many ever Test/ODI series wins abroad or in home still doesn't match up to the aura of a Cricket world cup win. Especially the 50 overs one. PR . And that thought is evident among modern day cricketers as well. In many ways I feel glad even among the 6 losses now that we have won the world cup last year/.

Post Thanks / Like
    ivanai ellAm oru karuththu tharappu-nu quote paNNikittu
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast