Page 15 of 397 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 6

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kugan's Kitchen Part 6

Quote Originally Posted by kugan98
    Dev for the thattu iddli , you have to buy the utensil to steam the iddli. Or you can steam it in a plate.
    As for the saiva meen kulambu, my aunt has a very good recipe. I have made it many times. I will come back and post it for you. They have this meen kulambu in all functions in India nowadays. Meena vida mudiyala
    Thanks, Take care, Kugan98
    K, the thattu idli I had- I am sure they had used yeast in it. the texture was diff from normal idli. So appadi edhum recipe irundhaal post pannunga.

yes, veg fish curry has become a regular... but still ppl like my dad avoid it just coz it's called meen kuzhambu...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello nga kugan,
    Have a safe trip. A lot of prayers are being said for you....kavalai padavendaam..... nallabadi poitu vaanga.

Dev....onga amma's rasam naan kelvi pattathum ila saapitathum ila. Never even heard of musumuskai leaves......oru pic of the leaves iruntha podunga..plz......inga kandipa kidaikaathu....next trip will try it in India...ilaati onga doors are going get knocked

selvi......did u make anything new?

Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, few pics of musumusukai here...
    http://www.zimbabweflora.co.zw/speci...990&image_id=1
    http://www.stockfood.com/image-pictu...29-872844.html
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14517290@N05/2166484356/
    http://ayurvedamaruthuvam.blogspot.c...-pictures.html
    The stem and the leaves have tiny hair like thing... musumusunu irukkum... adhanaala thaan musumusukaini pernu ninaikiren...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    ahaaaa dev.....would this leaf be sticky when cut?? or bruised? i might be wrong....but thank u sooooooo very much for the pictures...
    the last link was very interesting.....evolo iruku naama innum therinjika intha ulagathiley...

Post Thanks / Like
    Illai Suvai... this leaf won't be sticky when cut... Inga ellam indha plant grows everywhere...esp during rainy season... Paarunga nature knows that we'll be in need of it more during rainy seasonnu...

Yeah, the last link is very interesting... lot of info... lucky tht we stumbled upon the blog...ungalukku thaan thanks sollanum... musumusukai pic theda poi thaan andha blogai paarthen..
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like

Simple Zuchini Sunji (suvai)

Simple Zuchini Subji (suvai)

Iniki oru simple side dish panninen here it is:

zuchini - small ones 2 halved & cut into reasonable bite size

1 big juicy tomato chopped small one

2 green chillies or one according to yr taste

little corriander & karuvepilai chopped

1 garlic pod sliced

1 onion (small one is enough) diced

two pinches of garam masala (kissan)

(Only in medium fire ) In a kadaai...add 1 & a half tsp of oil, when hot add two pinches of jeeragam, to this add diced onions & green chillies..garlic.stir till onion is limp....now add tomatoes & a pinch of turmeric.......fry this for a bit now add in the bite size zuchini stir well /add salt & cover & cook till the tomatoes are well mashed & the zuchini is cooked....once this is done....stir it..kaai onnum paathiyaai irukanum....put off the fire....add in the two pinches of garam masala stir add in the corriander & karuveppilai (chopped) stir it goes well with chapathi or even little white rice or brown rice...

I am sure a few of u already know about this side dish....... maybe some can try this for a varied taste....enjoy!

dev......kugan irunthaangana udaney ithai try pannitu pic postum panniduvaanga...

praying for her along with the rest of you...

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, neengal mind-reader thaan! I have 2 zucchinis sitting in the frig,and was wondering what to make this time-tired of same old koottu!This will be our lunch tomorrow!
    I'll post feedback after trying.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello lakme.......i am not a fan of zuchini....but this type of preparation i dont mind hope it turns out well for u.....kaaram ethaa maathri pottukonga plz sareeya...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi K, Prayers and Wishes for a very speedy recovery and to hit more centuries here in the hub with your mouth watering recipies. God Bless !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, innoru rasam recipe paarthen... chk it out... http://indosungod.blogspot.com/2006/...nga-rasam.html

Easy recipeaa iruke Suvai...Inga zucchini avalova kidaikaadhu... adhukku badhila verai enna veg use pannalaa... BTW, Kissanla garam masala ellam iruka?... never knew... Is it good Suvai?... I use MDH...