Thread: Shankar Vs A.R.Rahman

Threaded View

Junior Member Junior Hubber vjrag_ind's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shankar Vs A.R.Rahman

When whiz director Shankar, who has made a career out of Rehman's music in his films, chose Harris Jeyaraj for his much-talked about Anniyan, tongues naturally started wagging that Shankar and Rehaman have had a fall out.

The rumor mills had it that Rehman took inordinately long time for composing music for Boys that Shankar was thoroughly miffed.

Alas, director Shankar has put an end to speculations that he opted for Harris Jeyaraj to score music for Anniyan only after a feud with Rehman.

Shankar says "I have no problems with Rehman. He is a rich treasure with abundant talent. Hailing from Tamilnadu, Rehman has made it to Bollywood and Hollywood with his extraordinary effort. He has got little time to concentrate here. Whereas I need to spend a lot of time with my music director for getting my songs composed. Hence, I went for Harris Jeyaraj this time. As such there are no troubles or difference of opinion between me and Rehman".

So how does it feel working with Harris? Shankar is chuffed. "However I am happy that Haris Jeyaraj has done what Rehman does for me."

The highlight of Harris' music in Anniyan is said to be couple of undiluted Carnatic songs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement