Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankar Vs A.R.Rahman

Junior Member Junior Hubber vjrag_ind's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shankar Vs A.R.Rahman

When whiz director Shankar, who has made a career out of Rehman's music in his films, chose Harris Jeyaraj for his much-talked about Anniyan, tongues naturally started wagging that Shankar and Rehaman have had a fall out.

The rumor mills had it that Rehman took inordinately long time for composing music for Boys that Shankar was thoroughly miffed.

Alas, director Shankar has put an end to speculations that he opted for Harris Jeyaraj to score music for Anniyan only after a feud with Rehman.

Shankar says "I have no problems with Rehman. He is a rich treasure with abundant talent. Hailing from Tamilnadu, Rehman has made it to Bollywood and Hollywood with his extraordinary effort. He has got little time to concentrate here. Whereas I need to spend a lot of time with my music director for getting my songs composed. Hence, I went for Harris Jeyaraj this time. As such there are no troubles or difference of opinion between me and Rehman".

So how does it feel working with Harris? Shankar is chuffed. "However I am happy that Haris Jeyaraj has done what Rehman does for me."

The highlight of Harris' music in Anniyan is said to be couple of undiluted Carnatic songs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What ever it is ..

my wish is that he joins with ARR again for his next movie

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that i dun think so man,incase Anniyan audio becomes a blockbuster hit,then i doubt shankar will go back to ARR...coz all he wants is a hit,and what more,he gets to spend time more with the md,where else ARR is too busy internationally & in hindi!!

Junior Member Junior Hubber vjrag_ind's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    that i dun think so man,incase Anniyan audio becomes a blockbuster hit,then i doubt shankar will go back to ARR...coz all he wants is a hit,and what more,he gets to spend time more with the md,where else ARR is too busy internationally & in hindi!!
    i think you are wrong dinesh . well i hope you are wrong. There was an article not too long ago in dinamalar about ROBO. Sujatha (the writer) said something about it. Though I didnt read it, i heard the project might be on the floors soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea man...i hope not,but i feel it is..lets hope im wrong,btw,i taut ROBO is Anniyan???no???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'RAHMANAI NAMBI SHANKER ILLAI','SHANKERAI NAMBI RAHMAN ILLAI'

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i personally feel ARR shuld leave shankar after the bad name that Boys got from ppl........luckily ARR escaped any criticism from ppl. for that pervert effort of shankar......ARR shuld instead join hands with new directors like lingusamy,bharani,charan..........

Post Thanks / Like
    yes,i agree with you maddy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    dun u feel shame to say this kinda words bout shankar??? hey man,he played a huge role in ARR's best scores!!! im sure u didint insult Shankar when Indian or Mudhalvan movie released,..not to forget Boys brought ARR back in form...before that,everyone ignored his albums,eventhough its a masterpeice,and also remember man,the song which is the most popular in bombay dreams is shakalaka baby,if he didnt compose it with shankar,where is bombay dreams famouse song????but im not telling shankar is the 1 composed shakalaka baby,but he gave the basic idea..i hope u know what i mean,and please,stop this kinda foolish comment on shankar...

Post Thanks / Like
    jangan marahlah dinesh!!cool down!!we not conderm shankar.
    we want rahman join with new generation dir. like,ceran,bala,balaji,tharani,selvaragavan ect...thatsall!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast