Thread: Short Stories

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Short Stories

Here is a short story my friends.......your feedback is important so do provide them ......

Time and Love

A few centuries ago.....

On a beautiful morning, with the sounds of the ocean and the smell of the sea everywhere. The sun shining, balmy warm air, twittering birds flying around the palm trees singing with joy in rythm to the waves that were hitting the shore cascading on to
    golden sands and then receeding back into the ocean. The island was indeed beautiful....

This was a sinking island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. The feelings met one day since they knew that the island would not last much longer and that the island would sink. So all of them constructed boats and left. Except for Love.

Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment. When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?"
    Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. "Vanity, please help me!" "I can't help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked, "Sadness, let me go with you.""Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"

Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you." So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the voice said bye and went her own way. Realizing how much was owed to her savior,

Love asked Knowledge, "Who Helped me?"

"It was Time," Knowledge answered.
    "Time?" asked Love.
    "But why did Time help me?"

Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered,

"Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is."
    Have Fun.....but not at others expense

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement